Introducing you to a delicious lemon sponge cake in the air fryer. My go to lemon drizzle cake repurposed into a delicious spring meets Easter cake. If you have not made an air fryer easter cake, then this is your chance.
With daffodil coloured buttercream and plenty of leftover mini eggs, you will love this seasonal air fryer cake.
Table of Contents
Baking In An Air Fryer
One of my favourite uses of the air fryer is to bake. I have made so many different old fashioned baking recipes in the air fryer.
Whilst I have mastered the perfect time and temp for cake in the air fryer, decorating has never been my strong suit. Some people are really good at it and then there is me.
That is why, last year I had a few 1:1 baking classes. I learnt how to make amazing buttercream from an amazing lady, whose speciality is teaching young kids like Jorge and Sofia to bake. That buttercream is now in our air fryer cupcakes, air fryer butterfly cakes, as well as shown how to make buttercream in the thermomix. I’m sure its in more, its just those are the ones I can remember!
Then I have also gone to another lady, who runs a successful cake decorating business and who has taught me several techniques. Those cakes also became the kids birthday cakes!
This air fryer easter cake, was early on in my learning last year and shows that with a simple cake recipe plus gorgeous coloured buttercream you have cake.
Can You Bake A Cake In Air Fryer?
Yes you sure can bake a cake in the air fryer. BUT like a bad oven it cooks from the top so its easy to get the burnt look on top.
What I did was show you how brown the top can get in this recipe with a lower quality air fryer.
But you can also cook at a lower temperature to get it just right!
Air Fryer Cake UK
Note that this air fryer cake recipe is based upon a UK lemon drizzle cake (air fryer round drizzle cake) but of course includes both metric and imperial.
If you live in the UK and want to achieve an air fryer cake UK, this is recipe is also perfect for you.
Plus, whilst I have used the sponge mix of our lemon drizzle cake, you could do any of your own favourite recipes.
For example, I learnt how to bake cakes from Mrs Beeton 1960’s house management books and I have adapted from those to make delicious cakes for the air fryer. And not one of them has failed. You could do cherry, orange, lemon, vanilla, carrot or any other favourite.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Easter Cake Ingredients
Cake – We wanted our cake to have height so what we did was make 4 of our lemon drizzle cakes. Of course, this was done via two air fryers to speed up the process and then we allowed them to cool.
Buttercream – Plus, we made a batch of Thermomix buttercream. Though to give it the spring/easter look we added some daffodil food colouring until it felt like you had landed in a Spring photoshoot.
Chocolate – Then of course an Easter sponge cake doesn’t end there. We also added plenty of mini eggs and little chocolate eggs. These are easy to decorate over a layer of buttercream.
You can of course mix and match with any Easter supplies you have available. You can also make this after Easter to make use of all the chocolate that needs using up.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this air fryer cake recipe it has been our Cosori Air Fryer. We recommend this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10 years.
How To Make An Air Fryer Easter Cake?
- Bake. Start by baking your cake of choice and then allow to cool so that it is then ready for decorating.
- Buttercream. Then make your buttercream. You can just make a standard buttercream and then after making it add your favourite Easter colour. This can be bright yellow, bright green or another spring/easter colour.
- Decorate. Next add a little buttercream to the bottom of a cake board, then add 1 cake, a layer of buttercream, then do this until you have your whole cake stacked with buttercream in between each layer. Then finish by adding buttercream to the top and sides.
- Chocolate. Then finish with your chocolate of choice. Mini chocolate eggs, crushed chocolate or anything else you have that you want to add.
You are now done and just allow the cake to chill in the fridge for a couple of hours for the buttercream to set and you can grab yourself a slice of your amazing air fryer easter cake.
How Long Does It Take To Bake A Cake In An Air Fryer?
The cook time for a cake in the air fryer can vary depending on the air fryer you are using and how deep your cake batter is.
We find the best option is 30 minutes at 160c/320f, check your cake for doneness and then add an extra 10 minutes if not quite there.
More Air Fryer Easter Recipes
- Air Fryer Leg Of Lamb
- Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- Air Fryer Carrot Cake
- Air Fryer Dyed Easter Eggs
- Air Fryer Crème Eggs
Your easter cake recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Easter Cake
- Make 4 of the lemon drizzle cake sponges and then allow them to cool. Also make your buttercream adding enough yellow to make a bright cake.
- Add a little of the buttercream to the bottom of a cake board to stop the cake from moving around as you decorate and then add the first sponge. Add a layer of buttercream, then another sponge until done. Then cover the top and sides of the cake with buttercream.
- Next decorate with mini eggs or other leftover chocolate pieces.
- Transfer to the fridge to allow the buttercream to fully set before slicing and tucking in.
Quantities. We had a four layer cake and it was just enough buttercream to cover it all.
Thanks for reading our easter cake recipe on Recipe This. We have many more air fryer recipes for you to check out next. Though if you would like to try more delicious ideas for Easter do try our air fryer lamb steaks.