Fun instant pot chocolate easter cake. Easy to pressure cook in the instant pot, tastes delicious and perfect for using up your easter chocolate with.
Made with leftover mini egg easter egg as well as little mini eggs, along with green coloured buttercream, this is a cake you will fall in love with.
Table of Contents
Cake In Instant Pot
This month we are having an Easter theme on Recipe This. Featuring a lot of the fun things we like to cook with the kids.
We have already shared with you how to make coloured easter eggs in the air fryer, instant pot easter devilled eggs, air fryer easter cake, air fryer crème eggs and now is the turn of an instant pot easter chocolate cake.
If you have not made a cake in the instant pot yet, then don’t expect it to be like how it is cooked in the oven. Instead, it has more of the texture of steamed pudding such as our instant pot sticky toffee pudding, but it is just as nice, and you will want to go back for seconds.
Are You New To The Instant Pot?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular instant pot mini course which teaches you the instant pot basics in 5 days, we also have our instant pot bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy instant pot recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Mini Egg Leftovers
What is also AMAZING is that just like our Easter air fryer cake we are making good use out of the leftover Easter chocolate. Using that time after easter when all those easter chocolates are discounted down and you make them into a yummy cake.
We use one of our favourite mini egg easter egg packs. This includes the chocolate shell as well as some mini eggs that come with it.
Then we cook the cakes in silicone baking pans in the instant pot and then they rest to cool just like a regular cake does.
Do You Need A Cake Pan For Instant Pot?
Yes, you do. I recommend these round red silicone pans that we use both for the instant pot and for air fryer cakes. Their best feature is that they wipe clean, you don’t have to grease them or add parchment paper.
But you do need to cover them with foil otherwise water from the steam of the instant pot will drip into them and create a watery cake.
Can You Bake In An Instant Pot?
Yes, you bake in an instant pot, just like you can in all pressure cookers and it is really easy to do.
We recommend you start with making our instant pot box cake, as it will show you the basics before you use one of your main cake recipes.
Then you can focus on a few other methods and really make use out of your instant pot.
What Is The Cake Setting On Instant Pot?
The is a cake setting on some of the newer models of the instant pot. Its on our newer 8qt but not on our old 6qt duo.
The idea is that you have a preset to make it easy for when you bake in instant pot. I personally don’t use it and instead avoid the instant pot cake setting and instead just set the time and temp myself, depending on the cake I am making.
Would you like easy & amazing instant pot recipes from instant pot experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST instant pot beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful instant pot resources.
Instant Pot Cake Recipe Ingredients
Cake – Firstly to make the cake we used our go to chocolate cake batter. Similar to the one in our air fryer chocolate cake. It includes the usual flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla, olive oil, and milk. All of which we normally have in already. We also used our Thermomix to quickly mix the ingredients together for us.
Chocolate – As well as this on our cake we also added a Mini Eggs Easter egg and this blended into the cake batter to create a chocolate cake.
Buttercream – Then after the cream we make our thermomix buttercream. Which is so easy to make with butter and sugar, as well as some vanilla and some milk.
Colouring. Then we added some green food colouring for that fabulous easter grass look.
Decorations – Then we finished off with decorating the instant pot cake with some of our favourite little easter chocolates.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this instant pot chocolate cake recipe it has just been our Instant Pot. We have this one and it’s my favourite and great for a lot of different instant pot cake recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our instant pot recipes category as we have many electric pressure cooker recipes and have been using instant pots for 5 years.
How To Bake A Cake In An Instant Pot?
Whether you decorate your instant pot cake and turn it into an Easter cake or do a different style for a different time of the year, it all starts with making a cake in the instant pot.
- Cream. Using your Thermomix or another food processor, add your butter and sugar and mix until the mixture is nice and creamy.
- Gradually. Then gradually add the vanilla and milk and mix again. Then add the flour, then the eggs, then the oil and finally a little water. Finish with adding in your Easter chocolate. You now have an amazing chocolate cake batter.
- Cook. Then pour the mixture between two silicone round cake pans and then cover each with foil. Then one at a time pressure cook the cakes.
- Cool. Once they are cooked, allow to cool and then peel the silicone away from the cake.
- Decorate. Then next sandwich the cake rounds between some buttercream and then cover the tops and sides with buttercream. Then finish with a fork around the tops and sides for a green grass look. Then finally decorate with more Easter chocolate.
And I am sure you can see now how simple and easy this recipe for pressure cooker cake and why you should be doing the same.
More Delicious Easter Recipe Ideas
- Instant Pot Easter Devilled Eggs
- Instant Pot Lamb Chops
- Instant Pot Reheat Ham
- Instant Pot No Drain Mash
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Cheese
- Instant Pot Sticky Toffee Pudding
Your instant pot cake recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free instant pot ebooks and useful instant pot cook time charts and so much more.
Instant Pot Chocolate Easter Cake
- 500 g Thermomix Buttercream
- Green Food Colouring
- 28 g Mini Eggs for decoration
- Chocolate Bunny for decoration
- Instant Pot
- Slicone Cake Pans
- Place the butter and sugar into the Thermomix and mix on speed 3 for 3 minutes to allow the butter to beat into the sugar.
- Add the vanilla and the milk and mix for another 2 minutes on speed 3. Then add the flour and mix on the same time and level again. Then use a spatula to scrape down the edges and get rid of any of the excess.
- Crack in the eggs, add the water and olive oil and mix at speed 3 for 1 minute.
- Add in your Easter egg and mix at speed 6 for 30 seconds.
- Then pour the mixture between two silicone rounds and cover both in foil.
- Add 2 cups/480ml of water into the instant pot, add the trivet and add one of the foil covered cake pans, add the lid, set the valve to sealing and pressure cook for 45 minutes followed by a quick pressure release. Rinse and repeat for the second cake. Then allow the cakes to cool before removing the silicone.
- Whilst the instant pot pressure cooks the chocolate cakes make the Thermomix buttercream. Add a few drops of green food colouring until you have your preferred level of green.
- Then when the cakes are cool, add a little buttercream to the bottom of your cake board as this will help keep the cake in place. Then add the bottom cake, follow this up with a layer of buttercream and then sandwich the other cake on top. Then cover the top and sides with buttercream. Then finish by decorating the cake with mini eggs and other easter chocolates. Allow to set in the fridge for an hour or two for the buttercream to fully set before slicing and serving.