Delicious instant pot steak and potatoes. Made with sirloin steak, this recipe is a fun alternative to classic steak and chips and the pressure cooker makes it so tender.
Also, if you have a cheap cut of steak, you can use that too as pressure cooking will get rid of any tough steak textures.
Table of Contents
Steak And Potatoes Instant Pot
The first time I made steak in the instant pot it was with sirloin steak and was absolutely delicious.
But it always felt like a waste, to make separate air fryer chips, when you could cook steak and potatoes in instant pot together.
In this steak and potatoes instant pot recipe, we will be showing you how to first sauté the steak, how to pressure cook the steak with the potatoes and how it all comes together in one instant pot.
But the greatest thing about this instant pot steak recipe is that you can mix and match with different favourite steaks and its not just about instant pot sirloin steak and potatoes.
For example, like we do in our instant pot frozen steak recipe, you can use frozen steak, or you can use many a type of steak.
Just think about it for a minute…..
You can cook instant pot ribeye steak and potatoes, flank steak and potatoes, round steak, and of course delicious tbone.
Plus, if you would like more steak recipes to try also check out: air fryer sirloin steak, air fryer steak and chips, air fryer lamb steak, air fryer t bone steak and our personal favourite air fryer ribeye.
Are You New To The Instant Pot?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular instant pot mini course which teaches you the instant pot basics in 5 days, we also have our instant pot bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy instant pot recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can You Cook A Steak In A Pressure Cooker?
Yes, you can. Cooking steak in a pressure cooker is easy, its delicious and its fast. You also can cook cheap cuts of steak in a pressure cooker and it will taste as good as a premium cut. For example, the best pressure cooker steak is chuck, because it would normally taste awful fried in a pan, but pressure cook it, and its amazing.
Can You Cook Steak In Instant Pot?
Yes, you can cook steak in the instant pot. You can cook steak in any electric pressure cooker and for this Instapot sirloin steak we are using our instant pot pressure cooker.
Potatoes In The Instant Pot
You’re probably wondering why not just cook steak in the instant pot and why instant pot steak and potatoes.
The answer is because YOU CAN.
The instant pot is made in a way that allows you to cook your meat and your potatoes at the same time. Such as with our instant pot shepherds pie, instant pot cottage pie, and of course instant pot sausages and mash.
Would you like easy & amazing instant pot recipes from instant pot experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST instant pot beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful instant pot resources.
Steak And Potatoes Instant Pot Ingredients
Steak – We used two sirloin steaks, though you could do more, you just need for them to fit well in the instant pot. You can also swap for eye of round steak, t bone, flat iron, chuck steak or even ribeye.
Potatoes – You can do a big portion of potatoes, or a smaller one, depending on how many people you are feeding and how much you love the humble spud. We cooked six medium potatoes.
Oil – We used a small amount of extra virgin olive oil to sauté the steak. You can use butter if you prefer.
Seasonings – For seasoning your pressure cooker steak and potatoes, we used salt, pepper, and garlic puree. You can add extra if you prefer and parsley, thyme or oregano also work well with this recipe.
Can You Recommend An Instant Pot?
I often get asked which electric pressure cookers we recommend and which one we use. In 95% of our instant pot recipes, we use either this instant pot duo (we have both the 6qt and 8qt) or the Ninja Foodi air fryer and pressure cooker in 1. You can click on the links above and read up on them.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our instant pot recipes category as we have many electric pressure cooker recipes and have been using instant pots for 5 years.
How To Cook Steak In Instant Pot?
- Sauté. Start by seasoning the steak with salt, pepper, and garlic puree. Then turn the instant pot onto sauté, let it warm up and then add some olive oil and sauté until you have some colour on the steak.
- Add. Next put the steaks to one side, deglaze the instant pot with water and cancel the sauté. Add the potatoes, mix well in the water and season with salt and pepper. Cover the potatoes with some butter and then add the trivet. Add the steaks over the trivet.
- QPR. Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and pressure cook for 5 minutes. Then do a quick pressure release and serve your steak with the potatoes.
You now have the best instant pot sirloin steak and potatoes.
How Long To Cook Sirloin Steak In Instant Pot?
The cook time for pressure cooker steak in the instant pot is JUST 5 minutes, plus a quick sauté, plus the time it takes to go to pressure. This makes it a very quick for a midweek dinner.
Listen To Instant Pot Steak And Potatoes
Every week this year on the Magic With Gadgets Podcast we are creating a podcast each week to accompany the recipe. You can listen to this week’s below, and then follow along with me at home as you make it.
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Veggie Soup From Frozen Veggies
- Instant Pot Frozen Broccoli
- Instant Pot Frozen Hamburgers
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Cheese
- Instant Pot Dirty Water Hot Dogs
- Instant Pot Red Potatoes
- Check out all our 250+ instant pot beginner recipes!
Learn how to cook instant pot steak and potatoes below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Instant Pot Steak And Potatoes
- Press sauté on the instant pot and whilst it is warming up, season the steaks with salt, and pepper. Brown the steaks on both sides and then remove them from the instant pot.
- Cancel sauté, deglaze with 240ml/1 cup water, and then peel your potatoes and cut into roast potato shapes. Load the potatoes into the water, season with salt and pepper and garlic puree and mix with a silicone ladle so that they get well mixed in the water.
- Add the trivet and carefully place the steaks onto the trivet. Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and pressure cook for 5 minutes.
- Do a quick pressure release and serve the steak with the potatoes.