Calling all game casserole leftovers, you need to become this delicious Ninja Foodi Game Pie.
The ultimate casserole leftover recipe, game pie is so easy to cook in the ninja foodi using the air fryer lid or any air fryer.
Table of Contents
Whether you call it game pie, gamekeepers pie, pheasant pie or leftover casserole pie, this is the most delicious pie you will ever make and is so easy to prep.
Forget that long process of making pie. Because this game pie, is simply a couple of twists to the classic casserole you have already made, it is so easy.
Even better, we used our Ninja Foodi as a slow cooker yesterday to make game casserole, then today we are using the Ninja Foodi air fryer lid to transform it into a delicious game pie.
You can do the same with any of your leftover casseroles or stews or even with a hearty soup.
If you love hearty slow cooker recipes do check out: slow cooker liver and onions, slow cooker macaroni pudding, slow cooker sausage and bean casserole, slow cooker beef shin and my personal favourite slow cooker braised steak and onions.
What Is Game Pie Made Of?
Game pie is made of various diced game. Note that it is often called a game pie mix, or gamekeepers pie because it can be any game.
Usually featuring diced pheasant but can be venison, goat, partridge, hare, wild duck and such like.
Can Game Pie Be Frozen?
Yes, game pie can be frozen. But like with all meats you can only reheat meat once after it was originally cooked.
Therefore, if you are planning to freeze and reheat pie, we recommend prepping this game pie recipe and then freezing and not cooking. Then you can freeze the game pie, defrost and then air fry.
Can You Cook A Pie In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook a pie in an air fryer, and you will love an air fryer pie. During the making of The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook we decided that pie was so amazing in the air fryer that we would have 4 pies.
Order The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook Now!
- USA/Canada: Amazon USA – Amazon Canada
- UK/Australia/South Africa: Amazon UK – Amazon AU – South Africa
- Cookbook Details: More Order Options + Cookbook Info + Reviews
You can also make an air fryer pie, such as this recipe for game pie using the cooking pot like we have done with the Ninja Foodi recipe, or you can do little ramekins or use a pie dish that fits the size of your air fryer.
Would you like easy & amazing Ninja Foodi recipes from air fryer and pressure cooker experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST Ninja Foodi beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful Ninja Foodi resources.
Game Pie Recipe Ingredients
Leftovers – We used leftovers from our game casserole and placed them in the fridge inside the cooking pot. Then we can just stir in some extras and use the air fryer button.
Add – Next decide what you are going to add in to your filling to make the game pie stretch to feed more people. I usually just add some leftover mashed potatoes and some frozen peas.
Pastry – Then for the pastry we used a layer of puff pastry. Though we recommend rolling it to a bigger size than you need, then you can tuck in the edges and it will stop the pastry sinking into the pie filling.
Can You Recommend A Ninja Foodi?
I often get asked which kitchen gadgets I recommend and which one I use. For the Ninja Foodi we have this one. It doesn’t have as many bells and whistles compared to some of the newer models, but it does a great job.
We can dehydrate, air fry, pressure cook, sauté, slow cook, make yoghurt and so much more.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our ninja foodi recipes category as we have been using the Ninja Foodi since 2020 and just love it for simplicity, how delicious the recipes are when cooked in it and how much time it saves us in the kitchen. We even take the Ninja Foodi on holiday with us.
How To Cook Game Pie?
- Stir. Stir frozen peas and mashed potatoes into your leftover game casserole filling. If its overly cold and hard to mix, sauté as you do this on the slow cooker sauté function.
- Roll. Next roll out the puff pastry with some flour to stop your worktop and rolling pin sticking. Roll to a good overhang over your Ninja Foodi because you want to tuck in the edges.
- Layer. Then layer the pastry over the pie and then tuck in the edges. Cover with egg wash and also cut into the top of the pie for the steam to escape.
- Cook. Place the air fryer lid down on the Ninja Foodi and air fry for 25 minutes at 200c/400f.
And I am sure you can see now how simple and easy this recipe for game pie is to prepare and cook.
Listen To Ninja Foodi Game Pie
Every week this year on the Magic With Gadgets Podcast we are creating a podcast each week to accompany the recipe. You can listen to this week’s below, and then follow along with me at home as you make it.
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
More Pie Ideas!
- Air Fryer Chicken Pot Pie
- Air Fryer Meat Pie
- Air Fryer Leftover Turkey Pie
- Air Fryer Egg & Bacon Pie
- Air Fryer Apple Pie
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Pie
- Check out all our Ninja Foodi Beginner Recipes!
Your game pie recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free ebooks and useful cook time charts and so much more.
Ninja Foodi Game Pie
- Stir the frozen peas and mashed potatoes into your leftover game casserole.
- Roll out a layer of puff pastry on a floured worktop to stop it sticking. Though its okay to have an overhang as this will tuck in the sides. Carefully place the pastry over the pie, tucking in the edges and also slicing the top with scissors so that your pie steam can escape as it cooks.
- Add egg wash to the top of the pastry before placing the air fryer lid down.
- Air fry your gamekeepers pie for 25 minutes at 200c/400f or until the pie crust is golden and the pie filling is piping hot.