Welcome to my latest frugal family meals recipe and introducing you to Dominic’s bread and butter pudding.
As a Brit I have a lot of favourite British recipe classics. I love the sausage roll, the Cornish pasty, cheese and tomato quiche, pie and mash, Victoria Sandwich and all sorts of others.
So Dominic was surprised to hear that I had never tried bread and butter pudding. I suppose it was the same shocked expression that I get from fellow Brits when I say I don’t drink cups of tea or coffee. Well apart from the herbal Chinese tea which I love.
And he offered to make me it.
He wasn’t going to have any though, as he hates raisins with a passion. This simply meant more for me!!!
But he never quite got around to it and it’s been about five years since he originally offered. So clearly for the sake of the blog and me trying new things I put him to task on it and he made me this delicious bread and butter pudding in the Airfryer. Oh and they say some things are worth waiting for and this is certainly one of them!
(I just hope he has made a small one with it being just for me!!!)
[Tweet “Budget Friendly Bread & Butter Pudding @recipe_this”]
How Frugal Is Bread & Butter Pudding?
Our bread and butter pudding recipe works out at 1,29€ for a family of four or 0,32€ each. Or if you are based in America then this is just $0.37 per mouth that you have to feed!
- Preheat the oven to 180c ready for your bread and butter pudding.
- Make your butter first. Mix your butter with your seasoning and mix well. Add your orange and mix again. Place a little in the bottom of a casserole dish to stop it from sticking.
- Cut your bread into diagonal mini squares and place them in the casserole dish so that they overlap a little.
- Mix the beaten egg with the sugar. Mix in the milk and pour over the bread. Leave to soak for 10 minutes so that the bread is lovely and soft and has the ingredients well and truly mixed in.
- Cook in the oven for 30 minutes and then serve.
We have put together 22 favourite frugal recipes for you to enjoy and also frugal diaries, frugal tips and so much more. They are delicious recipes that any family would be happy to have on the dinner table.
Forget a life of frozen chickens and frozen vegetables this is your chance to enjoy real food at the same time as saving money.
These are in fact the recipes we personally used when we went frugal.
This ebook is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.