This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Instant Pot Cooking Times. Today we wanted to share with you the essential instant pot cooking times. The cooking times you will use the most when you get into using your electric pressure cooker.
This instant pot cooking times guide is also featured in the Magic With Gadgets Podcast. Simply search for Magic With Gadgets on your preferred podcast player, then scroll to episode 3 of season 4 to access this awesome episode.
Instant Pot Cooking Times
If you are brand new to the instant pot, then mastering the instant pot cooking times needs to be top of your list.
I get it, most of us will just search online and I was shocked to see in the search results really wrong cook times for some of the most cooked instant pot foods.
I am talking time that would burn the instant pot food and dry it out. Or when the food has not been cooked for long enough and would be considered as raw.
And no wonder people have had so many bad experiences with cooking food in the instant pot, with instant pot steamed broccoli often named as the food that they undercooked the most.
The reality is most have bought a list of instant pot cook times and never actually owned an instant pot.
Today, on the podcast I will be sharing with you the top essential cook times that I recommend you learn for the instant pot.
These are some of the pressure cooker foods you will cook the most, and its fantastic for a quick reference.
Plus, as well as our extremely popular instant pot mini course which teaches you the instant pot basics in 5 days, we also have our instant pot bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy instant pot recipes.
Instant Pot Times
Here are the instant pot times we recommend you learn and then don’t forget to check out episode 1, where we run through the instant pot less normal more range and what temperatures you need to learn.
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs – They take JUST 7 minutes. There is no natural pressure release and no long ice bath. Just quick and easy peel hard boiled eggs.
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken – What is wonderful about a whole chicken in the instant pot is it’s a simple 6 minutes per pound. Therefore a 6 pound chicken will be cooked in 36 minutes.
- Instant Pot Steamed Broccoli – Just as easy to remember is instant pot broccoli which takes JUST 2 minutes to steam the instant pot way. Or even better frozen has a zero minute cook time.
- Instant Pot Sticky Toffee Pudding – The British & Aussie pudding is steamed in the instant pot in JUST 25 minutes. We also tested it with many other steamed puddings and found the same time applied.
- Instant Pot Veggie Stock – If you want to make your own homemade veggie stock from veggie scraps then note it takes JUST 30 minutes in the instant pot.
- Instant Pot Feta Pasta – You can make many instant pot pasta dishes in JUST 3 minutes followed by a 5 minute natural pressure release. We have tested this for macaroni cheese, Tiktok feta pasta, a macaroni salad and many others and have found this is the universal cook time.
- Instant Pot Brown Rice – We love instant pot brown rice because it takes JUST 18 minutes followed by a 5 minute NPR for perfect rice. You can also add in veggies for a veggie rice dish or chicken or a favourite meat.
Those are it! And if you think how many times you would cook one of these recipes, its perfect for getting your head around the instant pot cook times.
Instant Pot Cooking Times PDF
Now that you have got your head around our main instant pot cook times then I am sure you want MORE.
That is why over at Recipe This in our members area we have several FREE instant pot cooking times PDFs. You can subscribe, download whatever you want, print them out at home and have time and temps for so many different foods.
It is also ideal for converting everything to the instant pot from your regular way of cooking.
Simply, sign up below for instant access:
Did You Know We Have A Podcast?
We started the Magic With Gadgets podcast in the January of 2021 as a way to offer a different way to enjoy Recipe This. It focuses on cooking with kitchen gadgets. You can find out more about our podcast here.
With weekly episodes that will help you cook smart with kitchen gadgets. This is episode 3 of the fourth season and you have the choice between reading this post, listening to the podcast or both.
If you would like to stay in the loop with our podcast, I recommend you subscribe below:
How To Listen To This Podcast Episode?
You can use the player above to listen to this episode of Magic With Gadgets. Alternatively search for Magic With Gadgets on your favourite podcast platform or click the links below:
Subscribe & Review
Thank you for listening to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast. Have some feedback you would like to share? Want to be featured in a future episode? Want to help us spread the word?
- Browse other episodes (access them all here)
- Leave a comment below the blog post
- Share with your friends on social media
- Share your thoughts in our Facebook Group (you can sign up here)
- Ask me a question or submit a guest request by filling out the form below
If our podcast has helped you, please leave a review on iTunes. Your reviews help spread the word and without reviews our podcast will not get seen. Plus, I love reading each and every one of them.