Soup Maker Chicken Soup
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Soup Maker Chicken Soup. How to make the best chicken soup in the soup maker. Loaded with chicken and vegetables this cream of chicken soup in the soup maker is one of the easiest soup maker recipes.
Soup Maker Chicken Soup
What do you think of when you think of chicken soup? For me it is those cans of Heinz Chicken Soup and how my grandparents always had a spare can of cream of chicken soup in their pantry.
As a child I thought those cans of chicken soup were delicious. But growing up you soon realise how much nicer it is to make your own cream of chicken soup and how much cheaper it is too.
Recently the local English supermarket had a sale on Heinz Soups and Heinz Baked Beans. They were down to 75 cents a can and I am like I wouldn’t pay 40 cents for them and that is the sale price?
Plus, since first discovering Paleo and the Whole30 in 2015, you realise just how bad those overpriced cans are on your health.
That is why today, I wanted to show you how to make your own cream of chicken soup in the soup maker.
A little prep, dump the ingredients into the soup maker and you are all set!
Different Sized Soup Makers
This soup maker chicken soup is made with our Morphy Richards Soup Maker. It is rather small compared to some soup makers.
If you have a bigger soup maker such as the Ninja Soup Maker or the Cuisinart Soup Maker, you can double the recipe ingredients and easily make enough for four people.
Or even better, cook our soup maker chicken soup in the instant pot and make a HUGE batch.
For those that do have small soup makers, I follow a quick rule when loading up the soup maker.
Fit in as much as you can and dice it small. Then cook as much as you can. Any liquid added after cooking can go over your max level.
Why Make Chicken Soup In The Soup Maker?
Because it is effortless. Making chicken soup in the soup maker involves dumping your ingredients into the soup maker and then coming back to perfectly cooked cream of chicken soup.
It is LESS effort than making a chicken stir fry.
Compare this to making a homemade chicken soup on the hob and you can see what a difference doing chicken soup in the soup maker becomes.
Soup Maker Chicken
I recommend that you use our soup maker chicken soup as you base and then you mix and match with your favourite ingredients.
- Add more chicken for a bigger chicken flavour
- Add more potatoes to make your chicken soup thicker
- Add more leeks for a chicken and leek soup
- Avoid extra cream to make it Slimming World friendly
What Ingredients Go Into Soup Maker Chicken Soup?
There are 7 main ingredients that go into soup maker chicken soup:
- Mixed Vegetables
- Stock & Seasoning
The most important ingredients that go into cream of chicken soup is potatoes, chicken and leeks. You can add in more vegetables beyond these. But that is what the base of your chicken soup should be.
I also recommend having a fridge raid and using up other vegetables you have in and throwing it all in.
This cream of chicken soup in the soup maker, is also perfect for the night before grocery shopping for a clear out.
The Soup Maker Recipe Ebook
To celebrate our love for our soup maker and our readers addiction to our soup maker recipes, we converted all our soup maker recipes into an ebook.
You can download all our recipes including the chicken soup (which will be in the next edition) in an easy to digest PDF.
Click Here To Download It Instantly.
We also update it quarterly so that premium soup maker customers can get a new Ebook each time there are updates.
How Do You Make Chicken Soup In A Soup Maker?
- Peel and dice your vegetables and load them into your soup maker.
- Dice your chicken breast and season with salt.
- Add in the chicken, seasoning and stock.
- Get the soup maker started and then blend once cooked.
- Add in extra seasonings and serve.
More Soup Maker Recipe Favourites
Our soup maker chicken soup is one of many in our growing collection of delicious hearty soups to cook in the soup maker. Below you will find a few suggestions to try next:
- Soup Maker Broccoli Gratin Soup – You favourite broccoli gratin in the soup maker. Lots of cheese and lots of broccoli make this heaven in a bowl.
- Sweet Potato Soup In The Soup Maker – I love sweet potatoes and they make a delicious soup in the soup maker. Just load in the ingredients and go and slice your bread and butter.
- Soup Maker Broccoli Stilton Soup – For the blue cheese lovers we have a creamy broccoli soup with stilton cheese. Hate stilton? Then swap the stilton for your favourite cheese.
Plus, don’t forget to visit our soup maker recipes, which includes our top 40 favourite soup maker recipes.
Soup Maker Chicken Soup
Chicken Soup Recipe Ingredients:
- 1 Medium Chicken Breast
- 3 Medium Potatoes
- 2 Celery Sticks
- 1 Large Carrots
- ½ Medium Onion
- 200 ml Skimmed Milk
- 1 Tsp Thyme
- 2 Tsp Tarragon
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Vegetable OXO Cube optional
- 1 Tbsp Fat Free Yoghurt
- Dice your chicken breast, season with sea salt and load into the soup maker.
- Clean, peel and dice your potatoes and vegetables.
- Load into the soup maker your potatoes, vegetables, seasoning and milk and mix.
- Add in 300ml of stock and place the lid on the soup maker.
- Set it to 26 minutes on chunky soup.
- When it beeps get a piece of chicken breast to make sure it is cooked and if it is cooked, add in the yoghurt and any extra seasoning and blend.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Facebook Group | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more:
Hi this recipe looks great and I would love to try it. Could you please tell me how I would make it in the instant pot so I could do a bigger batch? Thanks for your help.
Firstly i recommend you subscribe to our podcast Magic with gadgets:
Because we have 2 different episodes coming up and one of them is based upon converting soup maker recipes to the instant pot and vice versa.
To solve your problem quickly now, i recommend a cook time of 6 minutes making sure there is 500ml of liquid and then you can double up the ingredients 🙂
Hi just a quick question do u cook the chicken first on put it on soup maker raw
No the chicken is raw ????
Being a novice at this you didn’t give an accurate measurement for the ingredients
So I was reluctant to make it .
It would be helpful for everyone to do this
Thanks in anticipation that you might.
Hi R Stubbs,
Could you be more specific with which ingredient you think is a wrong measurement thank you 🙂
It doesn’t say in the recipe about 300ml of stock, do I add chicken stock ie oxo 🤷♀️
Yes oxo is fine 🙂