These delicious, easy Halloween cupcakes in the air fryer, will become your new Halloween go to.
We made these simple Halloween cupcakes with the kids from their trick or treat leftovers last Halloween and make them once and they will become your new holiday tradition.
Table of Contents
Easy Halloween Cupcakes
After years of never making them, we have become regulars at making cupcakes. I have taken the kids to baking class and learnt all about piping and making the perfect cupcake, as well as one-on-one classes that resulted in the delicious air fryer cupcake recipe.
And the funny thing is, that after writing this easy Halloween cupcake recipe for you, I head out to baking class with Jorge to make fox themed cupcakes!
But let’s go back to Halloween last year (how long I have been saving this Halloween cupcake recipe for) and lets talk about these easy Halloween cupcakes that happened by accident.
It was the 1st of November, one of my favourite shopping days, because it’s the day when you can get some fun Halloween supplies for a bargain price because everything is discounted down.
I picked up some lovely make your own cupcakes set which was made up of the flags to add to the cupcakes and fun paper cupcake liners.
I already had the kids HUGE and I mean HUGE supply of trick or treat goodies from the night before, so I bought the cupcake sets and that night after school us and the kids made cupcakes.
We followed our original air fryer cupcakes recipe, just making them into a Halloween theme. Which of course, you can do. Or you can make them at another time of the year for what is in season.
If you are looking for more fun things for the Halloween holiday season do try: air fryer Halloween cookies (done in a similar setup to these), instant pot whole pumpkin, air fryer pumpkin, air fryer spaghetti squash, instant pot spaghetti squash.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can I Use Paper Cupcake Liners In Air Fryer?
Yes, you can paper cupcake liners in the air fryer, but just on their own, they will take off from the fans of the air fryer.
Your plan B is a good one and that is to use air fryer tins and then line the tins with your paper liners, like we do in this simple Halloween cupcakes recipe.
How To Decorate A Halloween Cupcake?
The best way to decorate a Halloween cupcake and keep it simple, is by using one of the Halloween cupcakes decorating kits like we have done.
They always include some paper liners that will look more interesting than the plain ones you have in your kitchen cupboard.
They also have some sort of flag or decoration you can add to your cupcake.
Therefore, all you really need to do, which makes these easy cupcakes even easier, is colour some buttercream and add some of your kids leftover Halloween treats.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Cupcakes Halloween Ingredients
Muffins – We used one batch of our cupcake muffins and then air fried them and allowed to cool before piping.
Buttercream – Whilst the muffins were cooking in the air fryer, we made a single batch of our thermomix buttercream which was going to be separated into bowls so that we could do different colours.
Colouring – Then for colours, we have a big batch of food colourings that we previously bought, and you can do any colour combinations that you want. We personally loved a light blue, purple and orange like pumpkins for our colours.
Treats – Then we grabbed all our bags of Halloween treats and then chose the best ones for the tops of the cupcakes. You can use any you want, but eyes and similar, work well.
Can You Recommend An Air Fryer?
I often get asked which air fryers I recommend and which one I use. In 95% of our air fryer recipes, we use either the Philips Air Fryer XL or the Cosori XL because they are the best ones, we have found out of many air fryers we have tried over the years. You can click on the links above and read up on them.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested everyday air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10+ years.
How To Make Cupcakes For Halloween?
- Mix. Start by mixing up your batter for your cupcake muffin base. We use our Thermomix for this, but you can do it by hand too. Its just quicker and easier if you use a mixer!
- Cook. Next air fry the muffins in paper liners in the muffins tins for 12 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Mix. Then as your cupcake muffins are air frying, mix the buttercream ingredients in your mixer, then divide it equally between a few bowls. Add colouring to it a little at a time, after all you can add extra but you cant take away.
- Cool. Then whilst the air fryer cupcakes are cooling, get your buttercream that is now coloured into piping bags and then place in the fridge if your kitchen is getting too hot because you want your piping to be successful.
- Decorate. Then once your muffins are ready, pipe the colourful buttercream over, using different nozzles if you have them and then decorate with the kids sweets and then they are ready for serving.
Listen To Air Fryer Halloween Cupcakes
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
How Long Do You Air Fry Cupcakes For?
We have experimented a lot with the time and temp for air fryer cupcakes and have found the ideal cook time is 12 minutes. We also use a lower temperature of 160c/320f to avoid them burning on top and still being light and fluffy.
More Air Fryer Baking Recipes!
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Air Fryer Brownies
- Air Fryer Rock Cakes
- Air Fryer Chocolate Cake
- Air Fryer Birthday Cake
- Air Fryer Victoria Sponge
- Check out all our 600+ air fryer beginner recipes!
Learn how to air fry homemade Halloween cupcakes below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Easy Halloween Cupcakes
- Make a batch of the muffins for the cupcakes following our air fryer cupcake recipe above.
- Then line the cupcake tins with paper liners and add a heaped tablespoon of cupcake batter to each. Air fry for 12 minutes at 160c/320f.
- Whilst the air fryer is cooking the muffins make the buttercream. Distribute the buttercream between a few bowls and add a little food colouring at a time, until you are satisfied with the colours. Mix the colours and then add to piping bags.
- When the muffins beep in the air fryer, allow to cool before using your piping bags to add the buttercream to the tops of the muffins. Finish with decorating the Halloween cupcakes with your favourite sweets or candy.