Delicious and perfectly cooked air fryer spaghetti squash. If you have not had roasted spaghetti squash in the air fryer yet, let me introduce you to one of the best recipes to cook this fall in your air fryer.
Even better, we will be pairing it with our favourite meatballs from Aldi for the ultimate low carb version of spaghetti and meatballs.
Table of Contents
Spaghetti Squash In Air Fryer
Do you love spaghetti and meatballs? I know I do and its one of my favourite foods from childhood and probably has become bigger thanks to Lady & The Tramp being my favourite Disney movie of all time.
But as I have got older, I have found that carbs disagree with me more and more and make me feel bloated, but I still want to enjoy spaghetti with my meatballs.
That is why I am such a HUGE fan of the spaghetti squash. I can eat it whenever I want, it tastes amazing, I can pair it with the usual spaghetti sides and never any bloating.
So, when I was experimenting and recipe testing spaghetti squash in the air fryer, there had to be some meatballs going in the air fryer too.
Today I wanted to share with you my love for air fryer spaghetti squash and even better, my love for air fryer Aldi meatballs for the ultimate dinner in the air fryer.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
What To Put On Spaghetti Squash?
Meatballs, Bolognese, or any of your other favourite spaghetti pairings will also work well with spaghetti squash.
If you have an instant pot, you can cook instant pot frozen meatballs whilst the air fryer roasts your spaghetti squash.
Or follow my method and air fry meatballs whilst you are forking and creating the spaghetti strands from your just cooked spaghetti squash.
What I also did was add some salsa over my spaghetti squash (before the meatballs) as I had some sat in the fridge and it make a quick alternative to tomato sauce. You could also season some tinned tomatoes with garlic and oregano for a quick fix.
Can You Cook Spaghetti Squash In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can air fry spaghetti squash and it is AMAZING and one to add to your favourite fall recipes list.
Not only is it quicker to cook a spaghetti squash in the air fryer compared to the oven, but you can make it nice and crispy like you have grilled your squash.
Add to this that the seeds can easily be scooped out and saved for later for spaghetti squash seeds and you are onto a winner.
Though, if you want an even quicker way to cook spaghetti squash then I would recommend our microwave spaghetti squash or our instant pot spaghetti squash.
How To Pick A Good Spaghetti Squash?
The secret to picking a good spaghetti squash for the air fryer, is finding one that will fit, or will be easy to cook as a quarter, or a half in the air fryer.
Ours were cut into halves to fit in the air fryer, whilst yours might be better as quarters.
Also, if you find some good spaghetti squash, then leave it in a dark cold room and it will last for a few months.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Spaghetti Squash Air Fryer Ingredients
Squash – You will need a medium or small spaghetti squash, that you can chop the ends off and then roast in the air fryer. Ours was originally a 2.5kg/5.5lbs spaghetti squash and was trimmed down to fit. Then by the time it was cooked and sees were gone it weighed 700g for each wedge of squash.
Seasonings – Then choose your seasonings. We went with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, but you can of course mix and match.
Oil – Then you will need some extra virgin olive oil spray to roast the squash without it drying out.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this spaghetti squash air fryer recipe it has just been our Philips air fryer. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10 years.
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash In Air Fryer?
- Chop. Start by chopping the end off your spaghetti squash, then slicing them in half lengthways. Then do a size test and make sure it fits your air fryer basket.
- Remove. Then remove the seeds with a spoon and add your extra virgin olive oil spray around the fleshy areas and then season.
- Cook. Load into the air fryer and air fry spaghetti squash for 25 minutes at 180c/360f or until fork tender.
- Swap. Then remove the squash and swap the squash for meatballs. Air fry your meatballs for 8 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Fork. As the meatballs cook fork the flesh of the spaghetti squash until you have perfect spaghetti.
- Serve. Then when the air fryer beeps load up your spaghetti squash with some heated tomato sauce (or salsa) and your meatballs.
And I am sure you can see now how easy it is cooking air fried spaghetti squash and why you should be doing it too!
How Long To Cook Spaghetti Squash In Air Fryer?
We experimented a lot with a lot of different spaghetti squash time and temp and found that 25 minutes was ideal.
Of course, if your spaghetti squash is bigger or smaller, it will alter a little.
How Long Does Cooked Spaghetti Squash Last?
Cooked spaghetti squash is like any other vegetable and will last up to 5 days in the fridge. But note, like most cooked veggies, they are much better if reheated in the first couple of days.
I also noticed that when reheating spaghetti squash it carries a lot more water, so I recommend draining over a mesh strainer just before reheating for the best results.
Air Fryer Squash Recipes
- Air Fryer Acorn Squash
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Muffins
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Cubes
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash Cubes
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash Fries
Your recipe for spaghetti squash in the air fryer is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
- Cut the ends off your spaghetti squash then cut your spaghetti squash lengthways like a melon and you will have two large spaghetti squash wedges.
- Then remove the seeds with a spoon which is easier when it is stood up.
- Next load into the air fryer your spaghetti squash and then spray with extra virgin olive oil followed by seasoning with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Air fry spaghetti squash for 25 minutes at 180c/360f and then do a fork test. If still not fork tender, add a few extra minutes, though this will vary depending on your squash size.
- Remove the spaghetti squash from the air fryer and swap with either frozen or thawed meatballs. For frozen cook for 10 minutes and 8 for thawed at a temperature of 180c/360f.
- Whilst the meatballs are cooking use a fork to shred the spaghetti strands.
- Then load into bowls spaghetti squash, warm tomato sauce and air fried meatballs.