Air Fryer Halloween Cookies
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
How to make delicious air fryer Halloween cookies from a box mix. Easy to air fry, easy to decorate and look delicious for a fun Halloween treat.
If you want a super simple way to bake with your kids on Halloween, then buy a box mix and let us show you how to air fry your spooky cookies and orange pumpkin cookies.
Easy Halloween Cookies
Last Halloween I picked up a couple of box mixes of Halloween cookies from the supermarket.
Even though, I love to bake from scratch, I was most interested in what came in the Halloween cookies box mix.
I wanted the cookie cutters so that I could make spooky cookies, pumpkin cookies etc.
Plus, I also loved the black pen that came with the cookie dough that we can use on the cookies.
I also thought that it was a LOT cheaper compared to buying some cutters and the baking ingredients.
Well, we had a great time, and it was fantastic teaching the kids a few baking skills along the way.
As Halloween is approaching, I thought now was a perfect time to show you how to make easy Halloween cookies (with or without the kids) and cook them in the air fryer. You then have spare cutters to use in the long term and understand the cook times and temps of baking in the air fryer.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can You Bake Cookies In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can bake cookies in the air fryer, and you will LOVE them! Just think any of your favourite cookies and then think that the air fryer will be perfect for them.
If you have an overly sticky dough, then you can cook your cookies on foil in the air fryer, or just place them straight into the air fryer basket.
So far, my favourite is air fryer chocolate chip cookies, but we also love white chocolate chip cookies, smartie cookies, or a giant cookie dough like at Pizza Hut.
Though of course, you can also take a box mix and make cookies in the air fryer with it too, which is what we are showing you today.
Our Halloween Box Mix Cookies
The box cookies that we bought, was one pack of bright orange pumpkin cookie mix, and a pack of regular Halloween cookies that had a lot of different cutters in them.
Overall, we didn’t like the plain ones as much, but we now have some cheap Halloween cutters that we can use over and over again.
You can of course, use any Halloween cutters that you have, or any box mix and then follow our air fryer time and temps.
How Do You Make Boxed Cookie Mix Better?
Whenever I make a cookie mix or cake from the box, its always okay, but it’s NEVER amazing.
I have always found myself adding extras that you just don’t get in a standard box mix.
Such as adding in extra seasonings, plus adding in extra fat can also make a big difference to a boxed cookie mix to make it taste better.
If you have not done it yet do check out our air fryer chocolate box cake, and our instant pot box cake as both use this method. And below are the ingredients that we use to make our boxed cake cookies for Halloween taste even better.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Halloween Cookie Recipe Ingredients
Box – Lets start with your Halloween box cookie mix. I am using two different boxes for a bit of fun with the kids. But you can mix and match with what you find in the supermarket.
Butter – For each box mix you will need 80g of butter, or margarine to help bind the mixture together. You can also swap this for another vegetable fat if you prefer.
Seasonings – Its all about the seasonings to make your Halloween cookie dough taste better. Because it’s a Halloween theme we are going with cinnamon, pumpkin spice (my favourite) and a little nutmeg.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this easy Halloween cookie recipe it has just been our Cosori air fryer. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10 years.
How To Make Halloween Cookies?
- Load. Into a bowl add your box cookie mix, seasoning, and your butter. Rub the butter into the mix until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs and then make into a large cookie ball.
- Roll. Knead your Halloween cookie dough and then with some flour roll out into a large rectangle.
- Cut. Next use your holiday cookie cutters to cut the cookie shapes and then load them into the air fryer basket. If they wont all fit, then do it in batches.
- Cook. Air fry your cookies for 12 minutes at 180c/360f and then allow to cool.
- Decorate. Once the cookies have cooled you can decorate them. Our cookies for Halloween would have been good as is, but its nice to do the finishing touches. We added black writing to the orange Halloween pumpkins and allowed them to dry, before tucking in.
And I am sure you can see now how easy it is transforming Halloween cookie mix into delicious cookies in the air fryer and how you can be doing the same.
More Holiday Baking In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Quiche
- Air Fryer Sausage Rolls
- Air Fryer Mince Pies
- Air Fryer Christmas Cake
- Air Fryer Victoria Sponge Cake
- Air Fryer Butterfly Cakes
Your Halloween air fryer cookies recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Halloween Cookies
- Place into a bowl all your ingredients and mix with your fingertips until your mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Next use your hands to make the Halloween cookie dough into a ball and then knead a little.
- Then add flour to a clean worktop, add some flour to your rolling pin and roll out your cookie dough.
- Use the cutter to make pumpkin shapes.
- Place your pumpkin shapes into the air fryer basket and air fry for 12 minutes at 180c/360f or until perfectly cooked.
- Allow to cool and then use the black pen that comes with your box mix to add the smiley face to your cute little pumpkins.
- Then leave to set for an hour before tucking in.
Ooooh Halloween box cookies, tried these ones and they were great and tasted really good, not like usual box cookies, i sometimes prefer to make my own but i am short on time this year so these will be a great substitute for the little people coming round next week, thanks.