Welcome to my Airfryer lemon butterfly buns with cherries on top.
Living in Portugal I do miss the British bakery. I didn’t go into one every week because when you have something always available you tend to take it for granted. But I did look forward to it once in a while. The Portuguese bakery never seems to compare in comparison. We have cakes. We have pastries but we lack in the bun with icing department.
Maybe why the English tend to be bigger than the Portuguese?
But once I over look how many calories are in butterfly buns I am straight there. I love licking the bowl after the bun mixture has been made and don’t get me started about leftover icing. I must have the biggest sweet tooth in the universe.
But back to the buns…… Butterfly buns are really easy to make and you are just making a slight adjustment to cute little buns with icing on. This is also perfect for getting your kids involved in baking and I know our son loves them and loves mixing them. Though, I am sure he only makes an appearance in the kitchen to fight me for the leftovers in the bottom of the bowl.Testing out #Airfryer Lemon Butterfly Buns With Cherries On Top from @recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Preheat the airfryer to 170c.
- Cream the butter in a large mixing bowl with the sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Beat in the eggs (one at a time) making sure you add a little flour with each.
- Gently fold in the rest of the flour.
- Fill half the little bun cases with the mixture until you have run out of cases. Place the first six in your Airfryer (I can only fit six in mine) and then cook for 8 minutes on 170c.
- While the buns are cooking prepare your icing sugar – cream the butter and gradually add in the icing sugar. Add the lemon and mix well. If it is too thick add a little water.
- Once the butterfly buns have finished cooking take the top slice off the buns and slice in half and make into butterfly shapes. Place the icing sugar in the middle to hold it in place. Then place 1/3 of a cherry on top and sieve with some icing sugar.