This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers. Introducing you to our jalapeno poppers in the air fryer. Crispy air fryer jalapenos loaded with 2 types of delicious cheese. A jalapeno air fryer recipe you will want on your favourites list.
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers is a new thing here at Recipe This and let me tell you why!
We live in the Algarve in Portugal. It’s a beautiful part of Europe with beautiful award-winning beaches, fresh sardines, steamed clams and of course egg tarts.
But if you want food that is not associated with Portuguese or Mediterranean food culture then you will be very lucky if you get it.
One of those things that I haven’t been able to source has been jalapenos and I have been desperate to make jalapeno poppers in the air fryer and haven’t been able to.
Well that is until now!
On a summer visit to Spain for a vacation we went to a supermarket and they had a huge selection of jalapenos. Naturally I left with a huge bag of them and they cost me a small fortune.
But they were worth the expense just to bite into delicious air fryer jalapeno poppers.
Once you have tried air fryer jalapeno poppers, you will be totally and utterly hooked and thinking about how many more times you can eat them.
Air Fryer Homemade Jalapeno Poppers
It takes less than 5 minutes to prep homemade jalapeno poppers and it is so worth the effort to have proper air fryer homemade jalapeno poppers in your house.
I like to make homemade jalapeno poppers like a production line as it makes it much quicker and easier.
- I have my soft cheese (aka cream cheese) out ready
- I have my hard cheese grated (you can use whatever hard cheese you like)
- I also have my cute little jalapenos halved with the seeds removed
Then I am ready for making homemade jalapeno poppers in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers Cook Time
I mentioned above that it takes less than 5 minutes to prep my air fryer jalapeno poppers, well it is super-fast to cook them in the air fryer too, which I am sure you will be pleased to read!
In fact, it is JUST 8 minutes to make your own homemade air fryer jalapeno poppers.
Can You Air Fry Jalapeno Poppers?
Absolutely! The only thing you need to concern yourself about is the grated cheese on top of the jalapenos during cooking.
This is because anything light in the air fryer can take off. It’s the air circulating around that causes this.
And anything light such as cheese goes up in the air and leaves your food.
But with air fryer jalapeno poppers if you just press the cheese down a little and let it stick to the soft cheese it will solve the problem.
How To Air Fry Jalapeno Poppers?
It is so EASY to air fry jalapeno poppers. You slice the jalapenos lengthways and remove the seeds and the ends. This is because this is where the main heat is, and this is where your delicious cheesy popper filling is going to go.
Once you have done this, using a teaspoon load your soft cheese into the jalapenos and then place grated cheese over them.
That is it!
The air fryer jalapeno poppers now go in the air fryer and the hard work is the responsibility of the air fryer now!
I know you’re probably looking for a complicated stage but there isn’t one!
More Air Fryer Snacks
Here in the Milner house, we love tasty snacks in the air fryer. Our Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers is not the only one and here are a few more.
- Air Fryer Chinese Chicken Wings – If you’re a honey and soy sauce addict like me, then you will love these Air Fryer Chinese Chicken Wings!
- Air Fryer Kale Chips – I love kale chips in the air fryer and they are totally addictive. But its better than bingeing on crisps!
- Air Fryer Zucchini Pizza – These are amazing little pizzas and use similar cheeses to those you have in your jalapeno poppers. You could easily make these at the same time.
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- Slice the jalapenos lengthways and remove the seeds.
- Using a teaspoon add a teaspoon of soft cheese to each of your jalapenos and follow this up with a sprinkling of grated cheese.
- Place in the air fryer grill pan and cook for 8 minutes at 180c/360f.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: