Welcome to my sweet and creamy apple and butternut squash soup in the soup maker.
And an even bigger welcome to the heaven that is apple and butternut squash soup. This is something that you shouldn’t knock until you’ve tried it!
I first had butternut squash as soup. It was butternut squash and potato soup and I thought it was something amazing that had come down from heaven to greet me. I can’t remember the exact year but it was long before we moved to Portugal and we have lived here since 2008.
Since then (and since getting our soup maker) I have been obsessed with soups that feature squash. Whether it is butternut squash or pumpkin, I am soon there enjoying whatever is available and this one is no different.
I love the sweetness of butternut squash but this is not quite sweet enough so instead of just adding some leek I am swapping it for some delicious seasonal apples and trying something completely different.
Thankfully it tastes amazing and I have finally played around enough with it to pass it onto you and all my other readers.
I hope you enjoy it and we would love to know what you do with your butternut squash.Testing out the delicious apple and butternut squash soup recipe from @recipe_this #soupmakerClick To Tweet
- Start by peeling and slicing the apples making sure that you discard the cores.
- Peel and dice the pumpkin, butternut squash and onion.
- Add the apples, vegetables and seasoning to your soup maker.
- Add your water and place on the soup and blend function for 25 minutes.
- Add the Greek yoghurt and mix well saving a little for on top.