Frozen Meat In Air Fryer. Learn how to cook frozen meat in the air fryer. Includes air fryer frozen meat cook times and various frozen meats that are ideal for the air fryer beginner.
Can You Cook Frozen Meat In An Air Fryer?
If you are new to the air fryer, you are probably thinking of how many foods you can cook in the air fryer and what is good for the air fryer vs bad for the air fryer.
Among that list you probably want to know if you can cook frozen meat in an air fryer.
Well the answer is a big YES.
Frozen Meat In An Air Fryer
Frozen meat in an air fryer is quite a broad topic. You might be thinking about air fryer frozen meatballs, or air fryer frozen steak, whilst I might be thinking about air fryer frozen hotdogs.
Then your friend that has just got an air fryer might be thinking about air fryer frozen chicken strips.
In fact, the possibilities of frozen meat in the air fryer are endless. Rather than talking about every single type of meat cooked from frozen in the air fryer, today I want to talk to you about the best.
Not just the best, but also the frozen meat I have air fried the most, that way I can give you ideas from my experience rather than just guess work.
Even better, we have also created a free printable that you can download in PDF and then print out for later reference. Ideal if you want some quick cook times.
Top 5 Frozen Meat In An Air Fryer
Let’s start with my top 5. Out of all the frozen meat we have cooked in the air fryer these are our favourites! They are also easy to air fry and come out perfect every single time. Ideal, if you are just getting started with the air fryer and not sure what to cook.
- Frozen Meatballs In Air Fryer – You can grab any meatballs from the freezer and just load them into the air fryer basket. Perfect if you want a quick dinner. You can also use homemade meatballs that you made previously and have frozen for a quick meal too.
- Frozen Steak In Air Fryer – I hated the idea for frozen steak in the air fryer, then I tried it and was backtracking. The steak cooks at a lower temperature and because it cooks for longer, it improves the flavour, the tenderness, and the sear on the steak.
- Frozen Turkey Burger In Air Fryer – What I do is prep turkey burgers after Christmas or Thanksgiving with roast turkey dinner leftovers and freeze them for later. Then I cook frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer. You can do the same or buy shop bought frozen turkey burgers and load them into the air fryer.
- Frozen Pork Chops In Air Fryer – Pork chops are just like frozen steak when you are air fry it from frozen. Juicy, flavoursome, and asking to be paired with air fryer frozen French fries. Or follow my lead and cook frozen pork chops and serve with fries, salad, and a sauce, just like they do here in Portugal.
- Frozen Hotdogs In Air Fryer – You can also grab frozen sausages or frozen hotdogs and cook them in the air fryer. I often buy hotdogs on clearance and then freeze them for later.
How Long To Air Fry Frozen Meat?
The frozen meat in the air fryer cook times vary depending on what meat you are cooking, its thickness and how full the air fryer basket is. For example, a thick steak will take longer than a flank steak that you are using for tacos.
If you are looking for a general guide of how long to cook frozen meat in the air fryer, then here are ten cook times to get you started:
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Nuggets – 8 Minutes
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Wings – 12 Minutes
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Breast – 25 Minutes
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Thighs – 20 Minutes
- Air Fryer Frozen Whole Chicken – 70 Minutes
- Air Fryer Frozen Corn Dogs – 12 Minutes
- Air Fryer Frozen Hot Dogs – 15 Minutes
- Air Fryer Frozen Burgers – 14 Minutes
- Air Fryer Frozen Steak – 20 Minutes
- Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops – 18 Minutes
If you want to know how long to cook frozen pork chops and already have a recipe, then you can use this guide. The same applies to other meat that you want to cook from frozen in the air fryer.
Air Fryer Frozen Meat Cook Time Chart
Below you can subscribe for FREE to Recipe This and receive our air fryer frozen meat cook time chart in PDF. My favourite feature though, is that the frozen is organised by category, making it perfect for easy reading.
Though when you enter your email address its not just about the cooking times chart for frozen meat, it is about accessing all our free ebooks and printables.
It is through the members area that you can access our air fryer bucket list that includes a free air fryer recipe ebook with the top 25 air fryer recipes of all time.
It is also though the members area that you get all our other free cooking times printables that can help you plan your air fryer meals more efficiently and know the cook times as you air fry.
Air Fryer Frozen Meat Cooking Tips
The first frozen meat and also the first thing we ever cooked in our air fryer back in 2011 was air fryer frozen chicken strips. Soon after we realised that frozen meat is perfect for the air fryer. You can make breaded meat crispy and also stop frozen meat from becoming dry.
Looking back, I think what advice I would give myself now about frozen meat in the air fryer, after all those years would be:
- Add sauce – Breaded chicken is not a problem, but some chicken breasts that are cheap, can often be dry when cooked from frozen. I will make sure the frozen chicken breast has a marinade or a wet seasoning. This will stop the chicken breast from being dry and improve the taste.
- Start low – When I place frozen meat in the air fryer, I will cook on a very low temperature first. This will then work as a way to partially defrost the meat first, a bit like a defrost in the microwave. Then I will increase the temperature to cook the food.
- Do a preheat – If you have food that is frozen and rather big, such as a whole chicken or large chicken breasts, I will do a preheat. It warms up the air fryer and gets it ready for cooking your food.
Air Fryer Frozen Foods Cookbook
We also have all our air fryer frozen food recipes that are in the free cooking chart in our air fryer frozen cookbook.
The cooking chart is on the last pages after all our popular air fryer frozen food recipes. What we love most about it is that the recipes are easy to print and you can place them on the fridge or in your favourite recipe binder.