This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Instant Pot Soup Recipes. Introducing you to our full list of delicious & easy best ever instant pot soup recipes that are perfect for instant pot beginners. Including how to use the instant pot soup setting and much more.
Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Back in 2017 I shared with you a list of the top 7 genius ways to use the Instant Pot soup function.
I was relatively new to the instant pot myself back then and wanted to show others how making soup with the instant pot, was an easy way to get used to it.
But since then I have become more and more obsessed with instant pot soup using the soup function. That I have expanded it more and more.
Therefore today, I am here with an updated list of the best ever instant pot soup recipes.
All these Instant Pot recipes are very easy to prepare and cook and you will be wondering why you haven’t cooked these recipes already.
My first memories of soup were always my grandad making it for me. He had his own allotment growing his own fruit and vegetables.
I used to love his cabbage, his carrots and my all-time favourite was his cherry tomatoes.
He would throw it all into the pan and make the best ever soup with it.
Though you needed a lot of water as he would be having a beer at the same time and would often forget that he had already salted it.
But now in this modern age we have the Instant Pot and we no longer need to spend hours over a hot stove waiting for our soup to be cooked.
Plus, in the old days (even though soup was nice) the vegetables was always boiled, and it lost its great flavour.
Yet with the Instant Pot they are steamed rather than boiled and they taste so much better.
But I wonder what my Grandad would have thought of gadgets like the Instant Pot when he just had a couple of large pans and a scruffy looking frying pan that was always filled with lard.
The Instant Pot Soup Function
You buy an Instant Pot and realise that is has all these different functions and you are sold over the choice and variety of what you can cook.
But quite often you realise that you just use it as a pressure cooker and most of the things you cook are done on manual or steam.
When you make soup in the instant pot, you can choose to use the soup function or just hit the manual or pressure cook.
If you are wondering, pressure cook and manual mean the same thing, and is like setting your own time rather than the preset of the instant pot soup function.
Some of our instant pot soup recipes below use the soup button, but most use pressure cook, or manual as it was called in the earlier instant pot duo models.
The greatest thing about instant pot soup is that many recipes can be completed in less than 7 minutes. Compared to the 26 minutes that I am used to with my soup maker. Making soup in the instant pot perfect for mid week busy nights.
Instant Pot And Soup
If you want to use an instant pot to make soup then I am sure you are wondering what you need beyond soup ingredients.
Well this is what I recommend:
Simple accessories – I love to have an instant pot steamer basket when making soup. If I am steaming the vegetables first, it is ideal. By steaming them first it stops them from going tasteless and is better for nutrition.
Top 10 Instant Pot Quick Soup Recipes
- Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup – If you are looking for a carb heavy, comforting, winter soup then nothing beats instant pot loaded potato soup. I also make it when I have spare potatoes that need using.
- Instant Pot Bean & Bacon Soup – Another super comforting, lets get full on soup recipe is this instant pot bean and bacon soup. The kind of soup my grandad made for me as a kid.
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup – When I originally shared this cheeseburger soup in the instant pot back in 2017, it went viral on social media. When you taste it, you will understand why!
- Instant Pot Mushroom Soup – Looking for a healthy replacement for cream of mushroom soup in recipes? Then this is it! I love how versatile this is and that you can freeze it for your favourite homemade dinners.
- Instant Pot Ham Bone & Bean Soup – I made this on a campsite while camping in a tent in France. It was made with leftover ham shanks that I bought from the market the same day and was delicious. Perfect for leftover ham bones and it makes a LOT.
- Instant Pot Tomato Soup – Made while camping in Holland and loaded with flavour. Serve with meatballs for a classic Dutch meal. You can also mix and match with what tomatoes are in season.
- Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Soup – Now this has become my summer thing. A great way to use my Tuscan chicken stock and make it into a new dish on its own. Also great for if you have spare chicken breast that you are looking for a use.
- Instant Pot Sausage & Kale Soup – I love sausage and kale soup and this is a fantastic Olive Garden copycat recipe and perfect for winter family lunches. Plenty left over for the freezer too.
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchiladas Soup – An old favourite of mine and a throw it all in and dump and start instant pot recipe. Perfect for instant pot beginners and one of the first instant pot soups I ever made.
- Instant Pot Paella Soup – A great way to use up your paella leftovers and you can do this with your leftover rice and turn it into a hearty homemade rice seafood soup.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Here are some more delicious Instant Pot Soup Recipes. They may not have made the top 10 but they are still worth checking out:
- Instant Pot Turkey Neck Soup
- Instant Pot Carrot & Ginger Soup
- Instant Pot Turkey Wild Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Potato Corn Chowder
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Corn Chowder
- Instant Pot Vegan Split Pea Soup
- Instant Pot Scotch Broth
- Instant Pot Cullen Skink
What Is The Instant Pot Soup Setting?
In case you are going off to make your instant pot soup and still wondering what the instant pot soup setting is, then let me fill you in on more instant pot soup beginner questions.
Firstly, the instant pot soup setting is a preset. Your instant pot is loaded with preset buttons that make pressure cooking easier.
The idea is that you press the button of the food you want to cook i.e. the soup setting and then you adjust the time based on the soup recipe you are following.
If a soup recipe says manual or pressure cook, then you can still use the soup setting, just adjust the time to the same as the recipe by using the + or – button.
- How long is the instant pot soup setting? The instant pot soup setting is preset to 30 minutes. Most of the instant pot soups I make are between 4 minutes and 12 minutes, so I simply use the – to adjust the cooking time.
- Instant Pot soup high or low pressure? It is always high pressure when making instant pot soup. As a rule, when you follow instant pot recipes, it is only low pressure if it specifically says so. Otherwise expect it to be high pressure.
- Instant Pot Soup Natural Or Quick Release? I always use the quick release when making soup in the instant pot. Or some may know it as quick pressure release or manual release. It means you are waiting less time for your soup to be ready in the instant pot and doesn’t alter the quality of the soup.
- Instant Pot Vs Soup Maker? Many of you know that not only do we have instant pot recipes, but we also have soup maker recipes on Recipe This too. The soup maker is a small machine that does soup and some smoothies. It is perfect for travelling with because it is the size of a kettle and perfect for 1-2 people. But the Instant Pot is perfect for bigger portions, you have more scope in the cooking and it is much quicker. The instant pot is also known for replacing several kitchen gadgets including the soup maker.
Get Our Instant Pot Recipe Book
We also have an instant pot recipe book. It is in ebook format so that you can download it instantly and includes every instant pot recipe you see on this page plus several others. On the last count it had 125 in it, but it is growing bigger and better.
Can’t read it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: