This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Sirloin Steak. How to cook a delicious, juicy, tender, and flavoursome sirloin steak at home in your air fryer. Perfect for air fryer beginners and you can pair it with fries for the ultimate steak and fries French style dinner.
Also, before we dive into this air fryer sirloin steak recipe, I recommend you check out our free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
Or browse our site as we have 450+ air fryer recipes that are easy to recreate at home and we have been showing people how to use the air fryer since 2011.
Table of Contents
Sirloin Steak In Air Fryer
Is it me or is sirloin steak the most common steak that you can cook in the air fryer?
I think of steak and I can remember a ridiculous amount of times I have eaten sirloin steak, but could never say the same for air fryer ribeye or air fryer rump steak.
When you are at a restaurant and want something that will never fail, a quick sirloin with fries and a peppercorn sauce always springs to mind.
Married to a chef I was always taught to be careful when eating out. That many foods on the British pub menu will have been made ahead. Yet with sirloin steak you were always guaranteed a fresh yummy steak.
I love that sirloin steak is flavoursome yet cheap and can be cooked in a lot of our favourite kitchen gadgets.
I have cooked sirloin steak at home in the air fryer, instant pot, slow cooker and of course sous vide.
Though my favourite is always the air fryer.
You can load your air fryer up with fresh or frozen sirloin steak and come back to perfectly cooked, perfectly seared steak.
Can You Cook Sirloin Steak In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can, and did you know its one of the easiest recipes to cook in the air fryer? You can load a few sirloin steaks into the air fryer at once and air fry them. Or you can load up less steak and cook air fryer steak and fries together.
What’s even better, is that a sirloin steak is smaller than a ribeye or a rump and therefore has a much quicker cook time.
Frozen Sirloin Steak In Air Fryer
You can also cook frozen sirloin steak in the air fryer too. We have done this many times and you can see more details in our frozen steak in air fryer recipe.
What I love about frozen sirloin steak is that it is cooking at a lower temperature which leads to a longer sear on the steak and a much better flavour and steak texture.
Air Fryer Sirloin Steak Medium Rare
I like my steak rare, and the hubby likes his steak medium, and this results in most steaks in the Milner house been cooked to medium rare.
If this is not for you and you prefer your sirloin steak to be a medium, medium well, or well done, then simply increase your steak cooking time.
- If you would like medium add an extra minute on each side
- If you would like medium well add an extra two minutes on each side
- If you would like to ruin your steak (quoting Gordon Ramsay here) then add an extra 3 minutes on each side
Pre-Order The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook Now!
- USA/Canada: Amazon USA – Barnes & Noble – Indigo – Book Shop – Books A Million
- Australia: Booktopia – Mighty Ape
- UK/Rest Of The World: Amazon UK – Waterstones –– Book Depository
How To Cook Sirloin Steak In Air Fryer?
This is how crazy simple it is to cook sirloin steak in the air fryer:
- Load sirloin steak into the air fryer.
- Season your sirloin.
- Air fry + turn.
- Air fry + serve.
You can probably see now why I am so obsessed with cooking steak in the air fryer.
How Long To Cook Sirloin Steak In Air Fryer?
The air fryer sirloin steak cook time is JUST 5 minutes on each side for just under a medium rare.
Then of course you can follow our cook time suggestions below for how to go to medium, medium well and of course well done.
- Sirloin Steak Medium = 6 minutes on each side
- Sirloin Steak Medium Well = 7 minutes on each side
- Sirloin Steak Well Done = 8 minutes on each side
More Steak In The Air Fryer
Are you looking for even more air fryer steak ideas? Well, you are in luck because we love using our air fryer basket to cook steak:
- Air Fryer Rump Steak
- Air Fryer Ribeye Steak
- Reheat Steak In Air Fryer
- How To Cook Steak In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Steak & Fries
Air Fryer Sirloin Steak
- Load your sirloin steaks into your air fryer basket. Season with salt, pepper, and steak seasoning. Air fry for 5 minutes at 160c/320f.
- When it beeps turn your sirloin steaks over and season with the same ingredients again. Cook for a further 5 minutes on the same temperature.