This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Tenderloin. How to cook pork tenderloin in the instant pot pressure cooker from frozen. Grab a couple of frozen pork tenderloins and transform them into delicious apple flavoured sliced pork that is tender, juicy, and delicious.
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Tenderloin
I don’t think I had ever eaten pork tenderloin until me and the rest of the Milner clan moved from England to Portugal in 2008.
In England it was all about the pork sausages, the pork shoulder, the pork steaks and of course pork loin.
Though here in Portugal, pork is an incredibly cheap meat and its stocked in vast quantities in the supermarkets. You will only see lamb when its Easter and while the beef fridge is tiny the pork fridge is HUGE.
They sell pork tenderloins for less than pork sausages. I will wait until they are on a special promotion, stock up and fill my freezer with them.
Then thaw them for air fryer pork tenderloins or cook from frozen for the instant pot.
Then I will slice up the pork tenderloins and serve over a salad in summer or in a stew in winter. Though that doesn’t include eating it as I slice, because I can’t wait for them to hit the dinner table.
Can You Cook Frozen Pork Tenderloin In Instant Pot?
Absolutely. Pork tenderloin is fantastic for cooking from frozen in the instant pot pressure cooker. It comes out tender and flavoursome and is the best way to cook pork tenderloin if you are not thawing it first.
Why I LOVE Frozen Pork Tenderloin In Instant Pot?
I am head over heels in love with cooking frozen pork tenderloin in the instant pot and once you try it just ONCE there is no going back.
- Tender – You would think you had used the sous vide or cooked it from fresh, with how good the pork is.
- Saucy – You cook your frozen tenderloin on a bed of apples and pork stock. This adds to the flavour of the pork and then you have spare pork juices for when you try our instant pot frozen pork loin.
- Meal Prep – I love pork tenderloin for meal prep. You can slice up the pork and fridge it for lunches for the week. Or use it over a few different salads like we normally do.
- Family Friendly – Pork tenderloins are perfect for cheap family meals. They are so easy to make that the kids can take the lead.
Easy Instant Pot Frozen Pork Tenderloin
The ingredients for instant pot frozen pork tenderloin, are simple everyday ingredients that you can source, without having to go grocery shopping.
- Frozen Pork Tenderloins – You can cook two pork tenderloins at once, or even three, or maybe take it down to just cooking one frozen pork tenderloin. The choice is yours.
- Apples – When I think of pork, then my next thought is pairing them with some apples. The apples steam as the pork pressure cooks and gives the pork a wonderful flavour. Simply add any apples you have in your fruit bowl. No need to get expensive apples.
- Seasoning – I love Mediterranean flavoured food and pork tenderloin goes well with apples along with garlic and ginger. Don’t bother peeling your apples and add garlic cloves and chunks of ginger. It is going into the bottom of the instant pot so no need to grate your garlic.
Any electric pressure cooker will do a good job at instant pot frozen pork tenderloin, though we are using our Instant Pot Duo 8 Quart.
Cooking Frozen Pork Tenderloin In An Instant Pot
The quick version of cooking frozen pork tenderloin in instant pot goes as follows:
- Peel garlic and ginger. Dice apples.
- Add pork stock, garlic, ginger, and apples into the instant pot.
- Load it with frozen pork tenderloins.
- Season well.
- Pressure cook.
- Slice + Serve.
There is a little more to it than that, but those are the simple basics!
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Tenderloin Cook Time
The instant pot frozen pork tenderloin cook time varies depending on if you want shredded pork tenderloin or sliced.
For shredded pork tenderloin go with a one hour cook time, or for perfectly tender easy to slice go with 45 minutes.
Plus, I recommend a 10 minute natural pressure release to allow the pork tenderloin to rest. Otherwise, it will not be as tender.
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Tenderloin
- Peel an onion and sauté in the instant pot with extra virgin olive oil. While it is sautéing dice your apples, peel your garlic cloves and peel your ginger. Cancel sauté. Pour balsamic vinegar into the instant pot to deglaze and stir in garlic, ginger, and apples.
- Load frozen pork tenderloins into the instant pot and season with salt and pepper. Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 45 minutes on meat/stew.
- When the instant pot beeps, allow 10 minutes of natural pressure release and then manually release pressure.
- Slice the pork tenderloin and serve. Reserve the pork juices and blend to make a future pork stock.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: