Instant Pot Frozen Pork Loin
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Loin. How to cook pork loin in the instant pot pressure cooker from frozen. Grab a frozen pork loin and let’s transform it into a delicious instant pot pork loin with sweet potatoes and homemade apple gravy.
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Loin
If you want a delicious, roast dinner idea, that is perfect for instant pot beginners, then cook instant pot frozen pork loin.
I normally just buy pork loin for festive occasions. Such as Easter, Christmas, Mothers Day etc. But each time I eat it I wonder why I don’t eat it more often as its delicious.
Pork loin reminds me of growing up in England. It was always on the roast dinner menu and came with the most delicious apple flavoured pork gravy.
Along with potatoes and plenty of vegetables. The place I used to go for pork roast dinners was the same place Dominic worked at. Though, our paths never crossed.
He would roast the pork loin and then slice it to order for the customers.
Though, ask him the best part of the job and he would say the pork loin leftovers.
You see he didn’t just cook pork he cooked turkey, lamb and beef too. But pork was the cheapest and the least bought and he would spend the evening in the kitchen on pork loin sandwiches.
No wonder, after he sliced this instant pot pork loin, that he was buttering bread ready for pork loin sandwiches from the leftovers!
Can You Cook Pork Loin From Frozen?
Absolutely. Pork loin is fantastic for cooking from frozen in the instant pot pressure cooker. It comes out tender and flavoursome and slices perfectly.
The only negative is that it needs a lot of salt after cooking because the pressure cooker strips the flavour.
Pork Loin Vs Pork Tenderloin
Let’s get the confusion out of the way, shall we? One question that gets asked a LOT is what is the difference between pork loin and pork tenderloin?
I can see why people find it difficult because there are so many tenderloin recipes in Google that have been named pork loin and vice versa.
The pork tenderloin is a boneless cut of pork that is like a fat sausage. It slices well and is like the fillet of the pork.
It is also my favourite cut of pork and what we featured yesterday in our instant pot frozen pork tenderloin.
The pork loin, which we are showing you how to cook today, is much bigger and is most popular for cooking a pork roast dinner.
The loin can be bone in or boneless and it is often prepped by the butcher for pork crackling too.
Instant Pot Pork Loin Roast
When you cook our frozen pork loin in the instant pot, its nice to think of it as an easy way to make a roast dinner.
While the pork loin pressure cooks you can make our air fryer roast potatoes and maybe our air fryer baby carrots too.
Or another alternative is some quick sweet potato cubes in the air fryer along with some pork gravy.
Cooking Frozen Loin In Instant Pot
The ingredients for instant pot frozen pork loin, are simple everyday ingredients that you can source, without having to go grocery shopping.
- Frozen Pork Loin – We bought a big pork loin. Unfortunately, it was too big for the instant pot. We trimmed down the excess and the rest of the pork loin was used for another meal.
- Apples – Apples pair perfectly with a pork loin roast. We recommend loading the instant pot with apples and this can then become the base of your delicious pork gravy.
- Potatoes – We load some potatoes with the apples in the instant pot. This helps with the flavour and for thickening the pork gravy.
- Honey – I love honey and it is ideal for a delicious slightly sweet pork gravy. If you don’t have honey you can swap it for maple syrup.
Any electric pressure cooker will do a good job at instant pot frozen pork loin, though we are using our Instant Pot Duo 8 Quart.
How To Cook A Frozen Pork Loin?
The quick version of cooking frozen pork loin in instant pot goes as follows:
- Peel apples and sauté in the instant pot with extra virgin olive oil.
- Add in seasonings and stock.
- Add pork loin and pressure cook.
- Slice + Serve.
There is a little more to it than that, but those are the simple basics!
How Long To Cook Frozen Pork Loin In Instant Pot?
The instant pot frozen pork loin cook time is 70 minutes. It has a long cook time because of the size of the meat that you want to cook from frozen and then make tender.
Our frozen pork loin weighed 1.5kg = 3.3lbs and would take a little longer compared to a smaller loin.
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Loin With Gravy
We love to cook our instant pot frozen pork loin with gravy. I recommend you do the same.
Once your instant pot has finished and you have your pork loin on a chopping board, you can work on your pork gravy.
Start by straining the contents of the instant pot. This will leave you with the spare potatoes and the apples and fat. Then the pork juices below.
Place the apples and potatoes into the blender and discard with any bits of fat that have gathered.
When you cut your pork add a slice to the blender that you have broken up into small pieces.
Then blend the apples and sweet potatoes with the pork juices. It will then make a delicious pork gravy.
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Loin
Instant Pot Frozen Pork Loin Ingredients:
- 1.5 kg Pork Loin
- 6 Medium Apples
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 480 ml Pork Stock
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Thyme
- Salt & Pepper
- Hold your pork loin over the instant pot and check to see if it will fit. If it doesn’t trim a little off the end until it is a perfect size. You can then use the excess pork loin for another meal.
- Peel and dice your apples and sauté in the instant pot with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. After about 5 minutes add in honey, thyme and deglaze with pork stock.
- Load frozen pork loin into the instant pot and lay it over the apple loaded stock. Season well with salt and pepper. Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 70 minutes on meat/stew.
- When the instant pot beeps, allow 10 minutes of natural pressure release and then manually release pressure.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes on your clean chopping board. While it rests drain the fat from the instant pot and load everything else into the blender and blend to make a delicious pork gravy. Load sliced pork loin onto plates and serve with your pork gravy and any sides. For example, we had ours with cubed sweet potatoes.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Facebook Group | Pinterest | Twitter | YouTube
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more:
Made this last night and it was incredible! Even my parents said that it tasted like the good ones that they had when they were younger.
I made this pork for dinner tonight. My husband and son both said that it looks like in a restaurant dish. It tastes very good too.
Hi I made this using the ninjafoodi for dinner tonight and it was amazing. Thanks for the great recipe.
How many potatoes do you recommend? And, when do you add them to the instant pot?
We cook the potatoes with the loin as we use them to make the gravy. I would say about 1.5 lb we used in this recipe and the gravy ends up tasting great 🙂
The potatoes we served with the loin in the pictures are our:
We think they go great with the pork loin 🙂
When you say drain the fat you don’t mean all the liquid do you?
No we just mean the fat that is sitting on the top ????
When I bought mine fresh (not frozen) I stuffed mine in my inner pot, within the grocery store plastic wrapper, and curved it to fit in the inner pot, then put the whole thing in the freezer (in the pot), then later once frozen took out my pot and left it bent almost in an “L” shape for a month in the freezer until I needed it. Put in water just a couple minutes to melt the top layer so I could remove the plastic. Worked perfectly.