Instant Pot Crème Egg Cheesecake
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Seriously satisfying crème egg cheesecake cooked in the instant pot and mixed in the food processor for a very easy to make Easter cheesecake.
If you love Cadbury’s crème eggs then you will fall in love with crème egg cheesecake.
Crème Egg Cheesecake
I am one of those people that is a sweet tooth kind of person. I don’t care for wine, really don’t eat much bread, but have a HUGE sweet tooth.
So when Easter comes around (or usually in the build up to Easter when Easter chocolate is everywhere) I am buying Easter eggs and seeing what I can create with them.
I even have so many Easter recipes I have made that I am running a theme this month, share a lot of them with you. Such as brown dyed eggs in the air fryer, instant pot easter devilled eggs, instant pot easter cake and of course air fryer easter cake.
Today, is another of those favourites where we show you how to make a crème egg cheesecake. So good and it’s a cooked cheesecake (I much prefer these over no bake) and you will love how easy it is to prep with kitchen gadgets and then serve over Easter.
You could also swap the crème egg for Cadbury’s Caramel or another favourite chocolate egg.
Are You New To The Instant Pot?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular instant pot mini course which teaches you the instant pot basics in 5 days, we also have our instant pot bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy instant pot recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Which Is Better Bake Or No-Bake Cheesecake?
I have made both baked and no-bake cheesecake and have found that they are both delicious.
But I much prefer the texture of a baked cheesecake, plus with a baked cheesecake it’s a lot harder for it to go wrong.
I also notice that nearly all US cheesecake recipes are baked whilst most UK cheesecakes are no-bake.
Can You Make A Cheesecake In The Instant Pot?
Yes, you can make a cheesecake in the instant pot, and this is not our first time doing so. Our favourite is our instant pot strawberry cheesecake. It is so easy to make and you can blend in some of the strawberries to give it a fantastic colour to the cheesecake.
Another favourite made in our Ninja Foodi on the pressure cooker button is our ninja foodi oreo cheesecake.
Can I Use Spring Form Pan In Instant Pot?
Yes, you can use spring form pans in the instant pot, and they are truly brilliant and also perfect for cheesecake.
This is the spring form pan we recommend but there are so many available to buy. Our new favourite that we used in the air fryer is these mini spring form pans and they are so cute too and come in a pack of 4.
Instant Pot Cheesecake Flavours
And whilst we have made cheesecakes before with oreos, crème eggs, strawberries, there is still a lot of other ideas you could do.
Dom’s favourite is dulce de leche. And what you do here is stir in a can of instant pot caramel and its so, so good.
You can also make them with blueberries, raspberries, any favourite Easter egg, or even add in some biscoff.
Would you like easy & amazing instant pot recipes from instant pot experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST instant pot beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful instant pot resources.
Crème Egg Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
Biscuits – For the biscuit base we used digestive biscuits as well as some unsalted butter. You could use the same or swap for another biscuit base. Leftover cookies, graham crackers or even oreos make a delicious base.
Cheese – Philadelphia cream cheese is the BEST and I couldn’t imagine a cheesecake with another soft cheese.
Sugars – Then for sugars we recommend caster sugar or granulated sugar as both work well on the cheesecake.
Eggs – Because this is a Cadbury crème egg cheesecakein the instant pot, we are using eggs because we are cooking the cheesecake rather than it being a no-bake.
Extras – We also love some vanilla extract and some Greek yoghurt in our cheesecake. You can use double cream (heavy cream) if you prefer.
Decorations – Then we finished off with decorating the instant pot cheesecake. We kept it simple and added sliced crème eggs and some toffee sauce drizzled on top.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this instant pot crème egg dessert recipe it has just been our Instant Pot. We have this one and it’s my favourite and great for a lot of different instant pot dessert recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our instant pot recipes category as we have many electric pressure cooker recipes and have been using instant pots for 5 years.
How To Make A Crème Egg Cheesecake?
We like an easy instant pot cheesecake and mix the ingredients in our Thermomix. If you don’t have a Thermomix you can use a kitchen aid mixer, a regular food processor or even an electrical hand mixer.
- Crumbs. I like to start by making the biscuit base. Add to the Thermomix your digestive biscuits and mix until it resembles breadcrumbs. Then add in melted butter stir and add to the bottom of your spring form pan.
- Mix. Then add cream cheese to the Thermomix with the sugar and mix at medium speed until creamy. Then add everything but the chocolate mix well and then mix in the chocolate.
- Cook. Then pour the mixture into the spring form pan and then flatten with a spatula before covering with foil. Place water into the instant pot, add the trivet, load the spring form pan over the trivet, add the lid and pressure cook for 30 minutes followed by a quick pressure release.
- Cool. Once cooked, allow to cool and then place into the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Decorate. Then once it’s had a good cool in the fridge get the knife around the edges and release the spring form. Then decorate with crème eggs and a drizzle of your favourite sauce.
And I am sure you can see now how simple and easy this recipe for pressure cooker crème egg cheesecake and why you should be doing the same.
More Delicious Easter Recipe Ideas
- Instant Pot Easter Devilled Eggs
- Instant Pot Lamb Chops
- Instant Pot Reheat Ham
- Instant Pot No Drain Mash
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Cheese
- Instant Pot Sticky Toffee Pudding
Your crème egg cheesecake recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free instant pot ebooks and useful instant pot cook time charts and so much more.
Instant Pot Crème Egg Cheesecake
- 200 g Digestive Biscuits
- 120 g Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 kg Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 400 g Caster Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Essence
- 4 Tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- Cadburys Crème Egg Easter Shell
- 1 Mini Crème Egg
- 10 Crème Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Toffee Sauce for drizzling
- Instant Pot
- Spring Form Pan
- Place the biscuits into the thermomix put it on speed 6 for 10 seconds and mix until they resemble breadcrumbs texture. Then add in melted butter and mix.
- Remove the biscuit mixture and press down into the bottom of your spring form pan.
- Add to the Thermomix the cheese and sugar and mix on speed 4 for 4 minutes. Then add the yoghurt and vanilla and mix on speed 4 for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and mix on speed 6 for 1 minute. Add the chocolate egg shell and mix on speed 6 for an extra minute. If you have 1 also add a small crème egg too. Scrape down the sides with a spatula to grab any bits that got missed.
- Pour the mixture over your biscuit base and then use a spatula to flatten it so that there are no lumps. Then wrap the top in foil.
- Add 2 cups of water (480ml) to the instant pot, and add the trivet. Place the spring form pan on the trivet and then place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and pressure cook for 30 minutes. Then do a quick pressure release (QPR).
- When the cheesecake is cooked transfer the crème egg cheesecake to a worktop to cool, removing the foil. Then transfer the spring form pan to the fridge and allow it to chill for 12-24 hours.
- The next day, its time to remove the cheesecake from the fridge and decorate. Get a knife around the edges first and then release the spring form.
- Then place the crème eggs in the freezer for 20 minutes to make them easier to cut and then cut them into quarters before placing them over your cheesecake. Finish with a drizzle of toffee sauce before serving.
Great easter recipe, tastes great check, want to finish more check, really sickly check, ticks all the boxes for a fantastic easter recipe, good stuff.