Do you want to warm up ham for the holidays? Then let me introduce you to reheating ham in instant pot. With or without pineapple, so easy and never goes dry.
Whether you call it reheating ham or reheating gammon its just perfect for doing at home in your electric pressure cooker.
Table of Contents
Here in the UK, we have gammon, which is like an uncooked ham that is very similar to Virginia ham. We cook our gammon raw and then it turns into ham. Because its just as quick cooking as it is reheating ham, we often don’t reheat and cook it as we need it.
But one of our readers at Recipe This recently came to us and said they had followed reheating ham instructions for the instant pot, and they didn’t work and would we give it a go.
So, what we did was cook our instant pot gammon recipe, then we allowed it to cool and then reheated it the next day in the instant pot to get the time and temps and the flavours spot on.
Today, we will be showing you how to reheat any ham or gammon in the instant pot, the easy way and its just perfect for Sunday roasts or a seasonal dinner.
Are You New To The Instant Pot?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular instant pot mini course which teaches you the instant pot basics in 5 days, we also have our instant pot bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy instant pot recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can You Cook Ham In A Pressure Cooker?
Yes, you can cook ham in a pressure cooker. But if you are wanting to cook ham rather than reheating ham, I recommend you follow our instant pot gammon recipe instead.
Can I Reheat A Precooked Ham In The Instant Pot?
Yes, you can reheat a precooked ham in the instant pot and its super easy. It’s so easy I could give the instructions to Jorge (he is 6 as I write this) and then you can let the instant pot do the hard work.
You can also use this method for reheating ham for your instant pot easter ham or your instant pot Christmas ham.
What Is The Best Way To Heat Up Leftover Ham?
The best way to heat up leftover ham is in the electric pressure cooker. The instant pot and other pressure cookers like the Ninja Foodi or the Pressure King Pro cook food fast, making it fantastic for quickly getting your holiday ham on the dinner table.
Even better, you can then save the juices leftover from your instant pot ham to make a ham gravy with.
How Do You Reheat A Ham Without Drying It Out?
If you want to avoid reheating ham and the ham drying out, then I highly recommend using some foil.
This will of course, slow down the cook time, but its worth it for how good and moist the ham is once cooked.
Would you like easy & amazing instant pot recipes from instant pot experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST instant pot beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful instant pot resources.
Ham Instant Pot Ingredients
Ham – You will need a precooked ham. We used a 1.5kg/3.3lb cooked gammon in this recipe but you can do spiral ham or any other similar ham.
Juice – Rather than water in the instant pot and to flavour the pot we used pineapple juice. You can also use apple cider or apple juice or something similar.
Pineapple. Then as its for the holidays we have to have the pineapple on the ham. We used a can of pineapple rings as they are easier to cook with.
Honey & Mustard – Plus ham in the instant pot wouldn’t be the same without some honey and mustard.
Plus, I also recommend adding in some garlic puree too. You don’t need salt and pepper because ham is naturally salty.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this pressure cook ham recipe in the instant pot it has just been our Instant Pot. We have this one and it’s my favourite and great for a lot of different instant pot quick recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our instant pot recipes category as we have many electric pressure cooker recipes and have been using instant pots for 5 years.
How To Heat Ham In Instant Pot?
- Setup. I recommend starting with loading your apple juice into the instant pot inner pot and adding a handled trivet.
- Prep. Then prep your ham for the instant pot. Load the marinade ingredients into a little bowl, stir and then spread on the flesh of the ham whilst its sat on a layer of foil. Add pineapple slices and secure with cocktail sticks.
- Cook. Then loosely wrap your ham in the foil and place on the trivet in the instant pot. Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and pressure cook ham for 27 minutes followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- Rest. After the NPR use the handles of the trivet to remove the foil covered ham, open up the foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
And I am sure you can see now how simple and easy it is pressure cooking ham and why you should be doing the same.
How Long To Cook Ham In Instant Pot?
It takes JUST 27 minutes plus a 10 minute natural pressure release to cook a 1.5 kilo or 3.3lb ham.
But I get it, we don’t all have the same sized instant pot ham to cook. So let me show you the maths and then you can vary the cook time of your reheated ham depending on what you have.
To cook instant pot boneless ham it is 2 minutes a pound plus 10 minutes, plus 10 minutes for cooking in foil as it slows the cook time down.
Therefore, a 1lb boneless ham joint would take 2+10+10=22 minutes.
Or lets go bigger and a 6lb ham would be 12+10+10=32 minutes.
Because our ham is 3.3lbs we went with 7+10+10=27 minutes as we had rounded it off and then of course, plus a 10 minute natural pressure release.
Listen To Instant Pot Reheat Ham
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
What To Serve With Your Instant Pot Ham Recipe?
- Air Fryer Roasted Carrots
- Air Fryer Green Bean Casserole
- Air Fryer Duck Fat Roast Potatoes
- Instant Pot No Drain Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot Steamed Brussel Sprouts
Your pressure cooker ham recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free instant pot ebooks and useful instant pot cook time charts and so much more.
Reheating Ham In Instant Pot
- Pour pineapple juice into your inner pot and then add in your trivet with handles.
- Mix the marinade ingredients into a little bowl.
- Add your cooked ham to a layer of foil with enough foil to wrap around the ham loosely.
- Then add your marinade over the ham making sure the ham is fat side down.
- Once the ham is covered in its delicious marinade use cocktail sticks to hold pineapple slices in place, then loosely wrap the foil around the ham but careful you don’t prick yourself on the cocktail sticks.
- Place the foil covered ham onto the trivet. Then place the lid on the instant pot. Set the valve to sealing and then cook for 27 minutes followed by a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- When pressure has been released, use the trivet handles to easily remove the ham from the instant pot, then remove the foil, cocktail sticks and pineapple and allow the ham to rest for 5 minutes.
- Once the ham has rested it can be sliced and served with your favourite sides.