This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Easy to make, have fun with the kids making these delicious instant pot devilled eggs for Easter. The devilled egg whites are dipped in food colouring before the yolk filling is added and make a fantastic party food for Easter or for kids birthday parties.
You will love how easy coloured devilled easter eggs are to make with the instant pot and even better, you can mix and match colours for other seasonal themes.
This instant pot devilled eggs recipe is an updated post originally shared with you when we first started sharing instant pot recipes in early 2017.
Table of Contents
Easter Devilled Eggs
This month we are having an Easter theme on Recipe This. Featuring a lot of the fun things we like to cook with the kids.
Yesterday, we shared with you how to make coloured easter eggs in the air fryer and today is the time for Easter devilled eggs.
A similar theme to the coloured eggs, except we are peeling the eggs and adding colour to the white of the eggs. This is much easier than colouring brown shell eggs, and makes a fantastic Easter buffet food.
Or I note that as this devilled eggs recipe goes live it is St Paddy’s Day and you could just as easily go just green with your eggs for an Irish theme.
But back to these devilled eggs for Easter. They are firstly pressure cooked in the instant pot, peeled, then the whites are coloured, this is followed by mixing the yolk with mayonnaise for the ultimate devilled eggs recipe.
A great plan if you want cute easter devilled eggs.
Are You New To The Instant Pot?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular instant pot mini course which teaches you the instant pot basics in 5 days, we also have our instant pot bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy instant pot recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
How To Do Easter Eggs In The Instant Pot?
The instant pot is used for steaming the eggs rather than boiling them. You then peel them like you do with boiled eggs, but of course the eggs when steamed in the instant pot, peel so ridiculously easy.
You then have peeled eggs via the instant pot that you can use for colouring as cute little easter eggs or like we are doing today as colourful devilled eggs.
What’s The Trick For Devilled Eggs?
The trick for perfect devilled eggs is the perfect peel. You want to peel your eggs perfectly so that once made they look amazing and stand out.
If the eggs don’t peel properly then you can end up with some ugly looking devilled eggs.
What Are Devilled Eggs Called In The UK?
I notice that in the US it is deviled eggs, in the UK it is devilled eggs, though growing up I always knew them as stuffed eggs.
Can You Make Devilled Eggs The Night Before?
Yes, you sure can make your devilled eggs the night before.
We will often make easter devilled eggs the day before and then leave them in the fridge overnight and then serve the next day.
How To Make Devilled Eggs Without Piping Bag?
Confession time. I make devilled eggs in the instant pot all the time, and I have never once used a piping bag.
Instead, I spoon some of the filling for devilled eggs into the egg whites and then use a fork to give it a better look. Just like the way you fork the top of an instant pot shepherd’s pie.
Why Are My Devilled Eggs Not Creamy?
You need more creaminess. What I do when I am making this easter devilled eggs recipe is start with a good dollop of mayonnaise, then I mix all the ingredients, taste test and then add some more mayo if not creamy enough.
Plus remember, you can swap the mayo for sour cream, leftover garlic dip, salad cream or another favourite.
Would you like easy & amazing instant pot recipes from instant pot experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST instant pot beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful instant pot resources.
Devilled Eggs Instant Pot Ingredients
Eggs – Lets start with the eggs. How many people are you feeding? How confident are you? As this is important because if you have not done them before, maybe make some extra ones and then you can just serve the best ones.
Sauce – Then for the sauce we usually add a mixture of Greek yoghurt, salad cream and mayonnaise. But you can use your own favourites.
Cheese. Then we also love to add some grated cheese to the mixture.
Seasonings – Of course, seasoning matters and we add salt, pepper, and mustard powder.
Colouring – This is all about colourful easter devilled eggs so get out those food colourings. We recommend some ramekins that you can turn into colour pots for dipping the egg whites into for the perfect colouring.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this devilled eggs instant pot recipe it has just been our Instant Pot. We have this one and it’s my favourite and great for a lot of different instant pot egg recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our instant pot recipes category as we have many electric pressure cooker recipes and have been using instant pots for 5 years.
Instant Pot 555 Eggs
You may have heard of the instant pot 555 eggs method. Where you pressure cook for 5 minutes, natural pressure release for 5 minutes and then soak in an ice bath for 5 minutes.
But its often off with the eggs and takes too long.
Instead for pressure cooker devilled eggs, we recommend first cooking for 7 minutes a quick rinse under a cold tap until cool enough to handle and then to peel them.
How To Make Devilled Eggs For Easter?
Okay so you have now followed our 7 minute pressure cooker eggs method and now you are wanting to make devilled eggs for Easter.
- Scoop. Slice the eggs in half to expose the yolks and scoop out all the yolks. Place the yolks into a bowl with the other filling ingredients and mix with a fork.
- Colour. Then create a production line with lots of ramekins and then add water and food colouring to each ramekin and stir with a fork. Dip a egg white into a ramekin and leave for a couple of minutes for the colour to go into the white. Rinse and repeat with all your eggs, doing any mix of colours that you want.
- Finish. Pat dry the egg whites and then add a dollop of the yolk mixture into each until done.
And I am sure you can see now how simple and easy this recipe for easter coloured devilled eggs is and why you should be doing the same.
Listen To Instant Pot Devil Eggs
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
More Delicious Easter Recipe Ideas
- Instant Pot Lamb Chops
- Instant Pot Reheat Ham
- Instant Pot No Drain Mash
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Cheese
- Instant Pot Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Instant Pot Strawberry Cheesecake
Your devilled eggs instapot recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free instant pot ebooks and useful instant pot cook time charts and so much more.
Instant Pot Devilled Eggs For Easter
- Instant Pot
- Egg Trivet
- Place the eggs onto an egg trivet and then add 2 cups/480ml of water into the bottom of your instant pot. Add the eggs, add the lid, set the valve to sealing and pressure cook for 7 minutes.
- Do a quick pressure release and rinse the eggs under a cold tap to cool.
- Then peel the eggs being careful to keep the white shape.
- Slice all the eggs in half to expose the yellow yolks then scoop out all the yolks into a bowl with all the other stuffed egg filling ingredients. Mix well and put to one side.
- Next get out your ramekins and fill to ¾ full with cold water. Then add a little food colouring to each one and stir with a fork or a spoon. You can be creative here and use whichever colours you want or add more to make the colour stronger.
- Then dunk an egg white (one at a time) into the coloured water and leave it a couple of minutes to take its colour. Then put to one side and lay on some kitchen towel and dap dry. Rinse and repeat until all the egg whites have been done.
- Next spoon a dollop of the egg yolk mixture into each coloured egg white until they are all done. They are now ready for serving.