How to cook frozen Bernard Matthews turkey drummers in the air fryer. From frozen to perfectly cooked and crispy like your 90’s after school dinner, this is the air fryer method.
These turkey drummers are easy to cook, and you can just do a few or a full bag at once thanks to the air fryer.
Table of Contents
Bernard Matthews Turkey Drummers
I grew up in the 90’s and Bernard Matthews was the food of the 90s. There was the delicious mini kievs that were like chicken kievs but instead cute balls that were filled with garlic butter.
We have mini kievs in the air fryer that we have featured previously, and then I thought the next best one of Bernard Matthews 90’s food was the turkey drummers.
So delicious and like breaded turkey drumsticks and so crispy if you were lucky to get them deep fried.
Though most mums went all healthy on us (including mine!) and they were replaced with oven baking.
Of course, the oven version was never as good and lacked crispness so I am so glad to be able to cook Bernard Matthews turkey drummers in the air fryer and they be the calories of the oven with the crisp of the deep fat fryer.
Why Can I Never Find Bernard Matthews Turkey Drummers?
When we first moved back to the UK in 2021, I was looking everywhere for Bernard Matthews Turkey Drummers, and they were nowhere to be seen.
I actually thought they might have stopped selling them.
Then fast forward a year and I could buy them everywhere!
Can You Still Buy Turkey Drummers?
Yes, you can. They sell turkey drummers at Iceland, Tesco’s, Asda and all the other usual places. They also have many other Bernard Matthews turkey products that you can cook in a similar way.
Then you can take your frozen turkey drummers, home with you and cook them in the air fryer, like we are showing you to do today.
Can I Air Fry Turkey Drummers?
Yes, you can air fry turkey drummers.
Air fry turkey drummers once and you will want to do it time and time again. Even when they get stuck together (this has happened to me a few times) they always separate well as they cook and still go deliciously crispy.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Bernard Matthews Turkey Drummers Ingredients
Drummers – You can cook just one turkey drummer, or you can cook a full bag of turkey drummers at once in the air fryer. We did a full bag because we love them so much, plus there is four of us!
Oil – This is optional, but we notice frozen turkey drummers in air fryer do not brown as fast as we are used to. So, to speed it up, halfway through the turkey drummers air fryer time you can spray them with some extra virgin olive oil.
Can You Recommend An Air Fryer?
I often get asked which air fryers I recommend and which one I use. In 95% of our air fryer recipes, we use either the Philips Air Fryer XL or the Cosori XL because they are the best ones, we have found out of many air fryers we have tried over the years. You can click on the links above and read up on them.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested everyday air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10+ years.
How To Cook Turkey Drummers?
- Remove. Carefully remove the frozen drummers from the packaging and then place into the air fryer basket. Don’t worry if they are stuck together as they will separate easily once you start air frying them.
- Defrost. Then air fry frozen turkey drummers for 6 minutes at 160c/320f then separate and spread out if needed.
- Cook. Next air fry turkey drummers for another 6 minutes at 180c/360f, spray with olive oil and then air fry for a further 4 minutes at 200c/400f or until they are golden and crispy to your liking.
How Long To Cook Turkey Drummers In Air Fryer?
Air fryer turkey drummers take JUST 16 minutes to cook and that is from frozen. Plus, this allows time for any that are stuck together to separate and to have that distinctive golden colour to them once cooked.
Listen To Air Fryer Turkey Drummers
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
More Air Fryer Turkey Recipes
- Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Twizzlers
- Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Meatballs
- Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- Air Fryer Turkey Thighs
- Air Fryer Turkey Wings
Your Bernard Matthews turkey drummers air fryer recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Bernard Matthews Turkey Drummers In Air Fryer
- 1 Pack Frozen Bernard Matthew Turkey Drummers
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Remove the frozen turkey drummers from the packaging and spread out in the air fryer basket. Don’t worry if some are stuck together as its easy to separate once they are starting to defrost. Then air fry turkey drummers for 6 minutes at 160c/320f.
- When the air fryer beeps if you do have some stuck together use a knife to get in between them, then separate them and spread out in the air fryer basket.
- Cook the drummers for a further 6 minutes, this time at 180c/360f and then turn them over with tongs.
- Spray the drummers with olive oil and then air fry for a further 4 minutes at 200c/400f or until they are golden to your liking.