Air Fryer Turkey Burgers. Delicious turkey patties that are cooked in the air fryer to perfection with cubed potatoes and served with melted cheese and loaded into hamburger buns.
If you want a delicious turkey burger air fryer recipe that has you licking your lips, and has you wanting more, then this is it.
Table of Contents
Turkey Burgers In Air Fryer
Last month we showed you how to make air fryer frozen turkey burgers and today, we are following it up with yummy fresh turkey burgers in the air fryer.
Perfect for when you have some turkey burger patties, that you bought from the supermarket, and you want to upcycle them into delicious burgers that would look good on a restaurant burger menu.
I picked up our turkey patties, from a local Aldi when we still lived in Portugal. I grabbed some of their turkey patties, hamburger buns and planned a delicious easy lunch for me, the hubby and the kids.
They are just as easy to do, as chicken patties in the air fryer and thanks to how lean turkey is, you don’t make as much mess in the air fryer from the grease.
Our turkey burgers in the air fryer are also cooked with potatoes, but of course this is optional.
Plus, as well as our free newsletter, we also have a free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
Can You Cook A Turkey Burger In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can! Turkey burgers cook wonderfully in the air fryer. You can cook turkey burgers in the air fryer on their own, or along with potatoes. You can also add cheese to the top of your turkey burger, you can use the air fryer to toast your hamburger buns and so much more.
Plus, this turkey burger air fryer recipe, joins many other burgers you can cook at home in the air fryer. Such as air fryer chicken patties, air fryer frozen burgers and let’s not forget air fryer stuffed burgers.
Why Cook Turkey Patties In Air Fryer?
Cooking turkey burgers in the air fryer is one of those air fryer recipes that must be on your bucket list.
The turkey patties cook just as good as they do on the barbecue and even leave the grill marks on the burger (well depending on which air fryer you have) and then any excess fat drips into the air fryer basket below.
A bit like using a professional diet grill to make burgers.
Turkey Burger Air Fryer Ingredients
Patties – You will need some turkey patties in this recipe. You can go cheap if you want and we used turkey patties from Aldi.
Buns – I love to serve my turkey burgers in hamburger buns. Any will do and remember you can warm them up and toast them in the air fryer.
Garnish – This of course is personal choice, as to what you include. I love lettuce, tomato, red onion, gherkins and either mayonnaise or ketchup inside mine.
Cheese – Though of course, don’t forget about the slices of cheese that can add over your burgers and it will melt in the air fryer.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in our turkey burgers in the air fryer, it has just been our Philips Air Fryer. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes.
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers & Potatoes
I prefer to cook my turkey burgers with potatoes and then serve the potatoes on the side. In this recipe, what I did was prep the potatoes first and then cook them with the burger patties, then as I make up the burgers, the potatoes finish their cook time alone in the air fryer.
You can do the same thing or swap the cubed potatoes for another potato option or even some of our air fryer veggie fries.
How To Cook Turkey Burgers In Air Fryer?
- Prep. Start by prepping your potatoes. Peel and dice the potatoes, load into a mixing bowl with seasoning and extra virgin olive oil. Toss with your hands and load into the air fryer.
- Cook. Next add your thawed turkey patties to the air fryer over the potatoes and air fry.
- Create. When the air fryer beeps, remove the turkey patties, and prepare your burgers, then leave the potatoes in for a little longer to fully cook.
- Serve. When the air fryer beeps, serve the turkey burgers with the potatoes and enjoy.
How Long To Cook Turkey Burgers In Air Fryer?
The turkey burger air fryer time is JUST 23 minutes. But note, that this is not just for cooking the turkey burgers, but also for the potatoes.
If you were not doing the potatoes and just wanted the cook time for air fryer turkey patties, then it is JUST 18 minutes.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Turkey Patties?
I can not have just have air fryer turkey patties. Its just boring on its own and it needs to be the full monty.
I want to have my air fryer turkey burger with potatoes, loads of garnish, gherkins in my burger and a nice hamburger bun.
If you are like me and feel the same about your burgers here are a few serving suggestions:
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes
- Air Fryer Five Guys Fries
- Air Fryer Pull Apart Bread Rolls
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
More Burgers In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Cheeseburgers
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer KFC Zinger Burger
- Air Fryer Vegan Lentil Burgers
- Ninja Foodi Burgers
Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Peel potatoes and dice into cubes. Load into a mixing bowl with all seasonings, extra virgin olive oil, and garlic puree. Mix with your hands until the potatoes are well coated.
- Place in the air fryer and then place the turkey patties over them.
- Air fry for 12 minutes at 180c/360f, turn and then cook for a further 4 minutes on the other side.
- Place a slice of cheese over the burgers and cook for a further 2 minutes until the cheese has melted. You can also warm the burger bun at the same time. Then remove the turkey burgers and load into burger buns with garnish and your favourite sauce.
- Shake your potatoes and air fry for a further 5 minutes before serving with your turkey burgers.