This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burgers. Delicious turkey burgers cooked from frozen in the air fryer. Includes warm burger buns, melted cheese, burger garnish and so much more. If you are looking for the best turkey burgers cooked from frozen, then this is it.
Even better, chef Dom will be sharing with you the best tips for cooking turkey burger patties from frozen and will help you give them the X Factor.
Frozen Turkey Burger In Air Fryer
I am a HUGE fan of Aldi and Lidi and love it for getting meat at cheap prices. I will head straight to the meat section and see what great meat they have that I can freeze for later.
Back when we were living in Portugal and not long after Christmas, I found some turkey burgers in my local Aldi. Or as they call turkey in Portuguese peru burgers. I got so excited after never seeing them before, that I left with about 6 packs of them.
They got thrown into the freezer and I was excited with what I could cook with them from frozen. Many were simply cooked from frozen in the air fryer and others were chopped up and went into one pot meals.
I even used one pack to make a turkey version of our KFC popcorn chicken.
Though the most memorable was transforming some frozen turkey burgers into the best ever burgers that we have on a cold Portuguese day (like summer in the UK) and we all wished we had bought more than six packs of turkey burgers from Aldi. This is the frozen turkey burgers recipe from that day, ready for you to recreate at home in your air fryer.
Plus, as well as our free newsletter, we also have a free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
Can You Cook Frozen Turkey Burgers Without Defrosting?
I often get asked can you cook a turkey burger from frozen and the answer is a big fat YES.
Turkey burgers are fantastic either cooked thawed or cooked from frozen. What is ideal about frozen turkey burgers is that its ideal to have a stash of them in the freezer for when you are too tired to cook dinner or forgot to defrost them.
Plus, if you are using the air fryer, you can use the air fryer to defrost and not just for reheating and cooking.
Best Way To Cook Frozen Turkey Burgers
Cooking frozen turkey burgers in air fryer, of course! They are amazing when cooked in the air fryer from frozen plus you can use the air fryer for melting your cheese, sauteing onions, if adding onions and for warming up your burger buns.
If frozen turkey burgers in the air fryer is a new concept to you, we will be running through the whole process with you and its perfect for air fryer beginners or for anyone that wants an easy air fryer dinner.
How To Cook Frozen Turkey Burgers In Air Fryer?
- Load. Add your frozen turkey burgers into the air fryer basket. If they are stuck together then give them a quick cook to separate before properly cooking them.
- Cook. Air fry for approximately 10 minutes depending on how thick your frozen turkey burgers are or how powerful your air fryer is.
- Wow. Next it is time for the wow factor. Placing the top of your burger upside down in the air fryer with its sauce, along with sliced cheese and your just cooked turkey burger.
- Serve. Then warm up your burger bun bottom, then after a quick warm up, put your burger together including garnish and sauce. Though as you can see below Jorge is not feeling the garnish today:
How To Make A Frozen Burger Taste Better?
Cooking frozen turkey burgers in air fryer, of course! They are amazing when cooked from frozen in the air fryer.
But there is more to a turkey burger than just cooking a frozen turkey patty and with chef Dom on hand, we are aiming to bring a frozen turkey burger to life and make it taste even better.
Season – I recommend you start by seasoning your just cooked turkey burger with salt and pepper. As they often lose some of the great flavour when they are frozen.
Upside Down – That you follow the upside down trick. Its hard to melt cheese slices in the air fryer without the cheese slice taking off. Instead place the top of the burger bun upside down, add sauce, add the cheese slice then add the burger patty. It will then melt the cheese onto the burger bun and its amazing. You can also turn your bottom bun upside down, add sauce and warm it up too.
How Long To Cook Frozen Turkey Burgers?
The recommended frozen turkey burgers cook time is JUST 13 minutes. This also includes the initial defrost to separate your turkey burgers if they are stuck together.
It doesn’t include the 4 minutes of cook time we add at the end to warm up the burger buns and to melt the cheese.
Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burger Serving Suggestions
I love my turkey burger in a warm hamburger bun with gherkins, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, and plenty of mayonnaise.
Which works well for lunch on its own but if it is for dinner and I am hungry I will often add in some of the following sides:
- Air Fryer Frozen Onion Rings
- Air Fryer Frozen Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Air Fryer Frozen Corn On The Cob
Note that they all are frozen air fryer foods, making your life even easier.
Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burgers
Air Fryer Frozen Turkey Burger Ingredients:
- 4 Frozen Turkey Patties
- 4 Burger Buns
- Sliced Cheese
- BBQ Sauce
- Place frozen turkey burgers into the air fryer. If they are stuck together cook for 3 minutes first at 160c/320f to allow them to break apart.
- Then place the frozen turkey burgers spread out in the air fryer basket and cook for 6 minutes at 180c/360f, turn over and then cook for a further 4 minutes at the same temperature.
- Whilst the frozen turkey burgers are cooking, prep your garnish and cheese ready for putting together later.
- Place the tops of your burger buns upside down in the air fryer, with barbecue sauce, sliced cheese and your just cooked turkey burger and air fry for 2 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Then place the bottom of your burger buns in the air fryer with a layer of BBQ sauce for 2 minutes at the same temperature to warm them up.
- Then add the garnish to the bottom part of your turkey burger and put it together. Serve with your favourite sides.