Air Fryer Turkey Dinner For Two. Let me introduce you to the best ever full roast turkey dinner for two. Ideal for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Sunday roasts, and so much more.
You will love how the turkey with all the trimmings comes together in the air fryer. No need to turn on the oven, a quick prep, and no stressing over the turkey and all the trimmings.
Turkey Dinner For Two
Today is day 7 of our turkey theme at Recipe This. We are showcasing some of the best ways to cook turkey with kitchen gadgets.
We have already showed you how to cook air fryer turkey burgers and an air fryer boneless turkey breast, air fryer turkey crown was day three, air fryer turkey legs were day 4, day 5 was air fryer turkey thighs and yesterday was air fryer turkey wings. But today it gets even better with a full air fryer turkey dinner for two made in the air fryer oven.
I grew up with roast turkey at Christmas and a table of at least 10 people. There would be between 10 to 14 people for Christmas dinner, and we always had a great time.
I also have great memories of my first Christmas with Dominic when it was just the two of us and it felt so special and so amazing, and it was wonderfully romantic too.
I notice that the biggest complaint when it comes to hyped seasonal turkey time, is that the turkey roasts are all about a turkey dinner with all the fixings and there is nothing for two.
After getting a roast turkey from Iceland that was wrapped in bacon, I put a plan of action together to turn it into a turkey dinner for two, with loads of sides, but without the stress that goes with it.
Perfect for those that don’t like cooking, that are not very good at cooking, or best of all, for those with an air fryer that want a magical way to cook a roast turkey dinner.
Plus, as well as our free newsletter, we also have a free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
Can You Get A Turkey For Two People?
Absolutely. You can go with a very small whole turkey which is always reduced in price because hardly anyone buys these ones, or you can use a small turkey breast.
Small turkey breast best option is to get the ones that are wrapped in bacon because they are the perfect size for the air fryer, and don’t dry out because of the bacon. You can also get ones that are stuffed too. So just go with what you like.
Small whole turkey is a similar size to a medium chicken and are ideal for roasting in the air fryer oven. As you can see below we once bought a small one and air fried it with potatoes and it was delicious.
Christmas Dinner Traybake
Last Christmas when I was scrolling through TikTok I noticed some amazing Christmas dinner traybakes.
Everything was made on one tray in a similar way to the Thanksgiving turkey sheet pan dinners and I thought how amazing it would be for the air fryer oven.
The air fryer oven is like a small oven and would be the perfect size to spread out a Christmas dinner for two over the two trays.
Or work in the same way for Thanksgiving after all, it’s a similar set of sides with the turkey always being the hero of the dinner plate.
I just had to decide, because there isn’t much space what sides were worthy of including and make sure it was big enough to feed two people.
Turkey Dinner Menu
After some thought, I decided that the turkey dinner menu that I will be making with the air fryer oven would include the following:
Turkey – I picked up a bacon wrapped turkey from Iceland. It’s the perfect size for cooking in the air fryer oven and small enough to fit other things around it.
Stuffing – Turkey is just not the same without stuffing. You can use the air fryer to crisp the bread prior to making the stuffing balls. Then stuffing balls are great because they can fit in a small space in your air fryer.
Green Beans – I love to cook some green beans with cheese in a similar way to a green beans casserole. Even better you can use the air fryer oven to cook them in. You can even roast the green beans first, before moving them to a dish to add cheese and extras.
Sprouts – We use frozen sprouts because they are quicker cooking, require less prep and taste delicious when cooked in the air fryer.
Baby Potatoes – Instead of the roast potatoes that you have to prep, this is the much easier option and really takes the stress out of the dinner. Simply toss baby potatoes in seasoning and extra virgin olive oil and that’s all the effort sorted.
Gravy – We are also using the air fryer to reheat some gravy. Though you can also blend some of your turkey dinner and it will make a creamy sauce that is just like gravy.
And that is your turkey dinner with all the fixings. Of course, I have made this with two people in mind, but if you also did some of our instant pot no drain mashed potatoes, then you can easily stretch it to feed more people.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in our turkey dinner in the air fryer, it has just been our Power Air Fryer Oven. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes and makes the best roast dinners.
How To Make The Best Turkey Dinner?
To make it even easier for you to make a turkey dinner in the air fryer, we have split each of the jobs into rounds. You then do round 1, round 2 and so on, until your easy turkey dinner is cooked in the air fryer.
- Round #1. Start by prepping your bread for making your stuffing balls. The best stuffing involves toasting the bread first with some oil and seasonings.
- Round #2. Prep your potatoes and sprouts as you wait for the air fryer oven to beep with the bread.
- Round #3. Finish preparing your stuffing balls. Then place the turkey and stuffing on one shelf and potatoes and sprouts on the other. They will now start cooking together.
- Round #4. The sprouts will then swap places with the green beans. This allows the green beans to cook before being made into a casserole. I love this because they are nice and crispy before becoming creamy.
- Round #5. Move the potatoes into a serving dish. Move the turkey to the bottom shelf and turn over. On the top shelf add a green beans casserole. You can make this by loading green beans into a serving dish with butter, grated parmesan, and cream. Season with salt and pepper.
How Long To Cook A Turkey Feast In The Air Fryer?
The cooking time for this turkey dinner for two in the air fryer oven is JUST 66 minutes. Isn’t that AMAZING? To say that you can have a roast turkey dinner with a green beans casserole, roasted baby potatoes, stuffing balls and sprouts all in just over an hour.
That is why I love air fryers so much!
Changing This Easy Turkey Dinner Menu
My turkey dinner ideas are aimed at a turkey meal that will work well for Christmas or Thanksgiving and is not 100% specific to either.
If you wanted to go more authentic that you can.
Thanksgiving turkey dinner for two – Add a ramekin of cranberry sauce and also make our air fryer mac and cheese. You can also use the air fryer for dessert too and make either our air fryer pumpkin pie or our air fryer apple pie.
Christmas turkey dinner for two – As well as filling the gaps with our stuffing balls you can also use the air fryer for air fryer pigs in blankets. And don’t forget to use it the night before for air fryer mince pies.
What Vegetables To Serve With Turkey?
I have served my turkey dinner with roasted sprouts and a green beans casserole. You can mix and match your vegetables to whatever you prefer.
More Roast Turkey Ideas:
Air Fryer Turkey Dinner For Two
Air Fryer Turkey Dinner Ingredients:
- 250 g Frozen Green Beans
- Turkey Gravy
- 600 ml Crème Fraiche
- 200 g Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Round 1. Chop up bread into chunks and season with sage, salt, and pepper and then spray with a little extra virgin olive oil. Place on the top shelf of your air fryer and cook for 6 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Round 2. While the croutons are cooking, load baby potatoes into a bowl and season with parsley and toss in salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. Load onto an air fryer shelf along with the frozen sprouts.
- Round 3. When the air fryer beeps load the croutons into a mixing bowl with sausage meat, breadcrumbs, diced frozen onion, diced celery, sage, and salt and pepper. Mix with your hands and make into stuffing balls. Load the turkey onto the top shelf of the air fryer oven and spread the stuffing balls around the turkey. Then have the shelf with the baby potatoes and the sprouts at the bottom. Air fry for 35 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Round 4. Remove the sprouts and replace with frozen green beans and air fry for a further 10 minutes at the same temperature. Then remove the green beans and baby potatoes.
- Round 5. Move the potatoes and place into a serving dish. Move the turkey to the bottom shelf and turn over. On the top shelf add a green beans casserole. You can make this by loading green beans into a serving dish with butter, grated parmesan, and cream. Season with salt and pepper. Find a place for your gravy and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Plate everything up and if anything has gone cold, just do a quick reheat using the air fryer whilst the turkey is resting. You now have an easier option for thanksgiving in the air fryer oven.