This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Welcome to my latest recipe and todays recipe is for the ultimate Slimming World Baked Pasta Sauce. Imagine how delicious tomato sauce would be if it was sauted first and then baked in the casserole dish and then comes out incredibly creamy and perfect for a Syn free or SP day on Slimming World.
Well this is exactly what you have got here. I have used loads of in season just bought large tomatoes and cooked them to perfection and they are perfect for meatballs, pasta, lasagne or whatever else you fancy cooking for dinner.
I also love this Slimming World pasta sauce for cooking in bulk and then freezing for one of those days when all you want is some warm pasta for a complete comfort food experience.
To make this recipe we bought to big bags of tomatoes. They were fresh in at the supermarket and we watched as they filled the shelves with them. All I could think of was my life long obsession with tomatoes and how I loved them as a small child and how they will be forever one of my favourite foods.
It was even the craving during my pregnancy with my first son. While he grew up obsession with tomatoes grew at the same time. I am not joking when I say that I would eat at least 1 kilos worth per day and they would be cooked with anything I could think of.
I would cook them in quiche, lasagne, pasta sauces and don’t even get me started about my obsession with them as they were with a sprinkling of salt on top.
After our son was born I still ate quite a few tomatoes but never in the league of how many I ate when I was pregnant and it has taken Kyle to the grand old age of 15 before he decided that he actually likes them. He blames me for making him over eat them when he was little and how many he had before he was born.
Well maybe there is something in that. Because my craving with my daughter was McDonalds burgers and she wont even entertain fast food burgers.
The Slimming World tomato sauce recipe below was made using my casserole dish (or if you’re in America you may call it a Dutch Oven) and is perfect for loads of different meals and super simple too. We hope you enjoy it and that we turn you into tomato addicts too.
The Ultimate Slimming World Baked Pasta Sauce
- Start by chopping up your fresh tomatoes into little chunks and removing the hard cores as you do it. Salt and pepper your tomatoes so that they have that lovely flavour that only comes when they are well seasoned.
- Place them all into your Dutch Oven along with the tomato puree, garlic puree, salt and pepper, basil and thyme. Place them on a high heat with the lid off on the hob and keep stirring until it starts to boil.
- Once it is boiling keep stirring for a further 5 minutes.
- Place the lid on it and cook it for 20 minutes on 220c in a preheated oven.
- Once finished the tomatoes will be very soft and there will be more juice than actual tomatoes.
- Add some oregano and place in a blender and blend until smooth.