Welcome to my best ever tomato sauce. I love tomato sauce and make it at least once a month. It makes a great alternative to just shoving a can of tinned tomatoes into a pasta dish and can really bring out the flavour.
We will often have it with pasta dishes (well that’s what it was meant for!!!!), sausage casseroles, red wine stews, with meatballs and even with a fish broth.
I also find that a tomato sauce is incredibly nutritious and if you think your kids are eating too many unhealthy meals then serve this up and not only will they eat it, but they’ll get themselves a brilliant boost.
My son Kyle loves it when I serve it for him with some pasta and meatballs or in a sausage casserole. Though I always get the same complaint that he wants MORE. So it is very rare that any leftovers will make its way to the freezer much to my disgust as I love filling my freezer up with our leftover meals!!!!
When I make my tomato sauce I make it in the soup maker. That way I can put the ingredients in it and use the auto blend feature. That way my preparation time is kept down to a bare minimum and I can then be concentrating my time with whatever dish I am serving it with.
If you have tomato sauce dishes regularly then I recommend that you do a batch of this once a month and then put it into plastic tubs and then get one out of the freezer as you need them. The best bit about tomato sauce (other than it being super healthy) is that it is really versatile and you can use it a whole range of dishes.
So let’s get the tomato sauce party started!!!!
- 1 Medium Onion (peeled and diced)
- 500g Fresh Tomatoes (chopped into quarters)
- 150g Garden Peas
- 4 Large Carrots (peeled and diced)
- 6 Garlic Cloves (peeled)
- 4 Large Celery Sticks (chopped into quarters)
- 3 Red Peppers (diced)
- 1 Green Pepper (diced)
- 4Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1Tbsp Oregano
- 1Tbsp Parsley
- 3Tbsp Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- 468ml Water
- Once you have done all your peeling and dicing place all ingredients into the soup maker.
- Add the water and put it on its soup blending setting. On ours this cooks the ingredients first for 25 minutes and then instantly blends them.
- Once it is made if it is too thick add a little bit more water or add some soft cheese if you need to thicken it up.
- Also adjust the herbs to your own preferences.