White Chocolate Ice Cream. How to make white chocolate ice cream using an ice cream maker. One of those simple, yet delicious, must make ice cream maker recipes and a much cheaper alternative to buying white chocolate ice cream.
White Chocolate Ice Cream
Welcome to my white chocolate ice cream recipe for the ice cream maker. Updated for the summer of 2020 after originally sharing it with you back in the June of 2016 and a favourite in the Milner house.
I hear the words “white chocolate” and I am there with bells on. Why does white chocolate taste so much better than regular chocolate is what I always say whenever me and Dominic are bingeing on the white stuff.
My cheap favourite is the good old Milky Bars. Only available in the big bars here in Portugal in the spring and the rest of the year I must make do with the tiny version.
My expensive favourite is Lindt. Awfully expensive but OMG I could give up all chocolate forever just for Lindt.
I love the mixed Lindt balls pack you get at Christmas that includes white chocolate truffles, dark chocolate truffles and milk chocolate truffles.
But in the ice cream department I love Magnums. Magnum white chocolate is the BEST and is my refreshing snack when I am on the beach in Portugal in the summer.
But what if you grabbed any brand of white chocolate and loaded it into the ice cream maker?
Would it be as good as Magnum, Ben & Jerry’s or other brands of white chocolate ice cream that we know and love?
Time for a taste test me thinks!
White Chocolate Ice Cream With Ice Cream Maker
If you are new to the ice cream maker and want something other than vanilla ice cream, then I truly recommend trying white chocolate ice cream in your ice cream maker.
Think of it like white chocolate vanilla ice cream.
You are taking our amazing vanilla ice cream maker recipe adding your favourite white chocolate and then serving.
It makes your vanilla ice cream recipe more luxurious and I love it for dinner parties and people will talk about your white chocolate ice cream for a long time.
What Is White Chocolate Ice Cream?
White chocolate ice cream is just like vanilla ice cream, just with the addition of white chocolate.
It can be any brand of white chocolate that you add to your white chocolate ice cream.
You can also mix and match between chunks of white chocolate and grated white chocolate.
White Chocolate Ice Cream Brands
There are many different white chocolate ice cream brands that you can convert to the ice cream maker.
My favourite white chocolate ice cream brands include:
- Ben & Jerry’s White Chocolate Ice Cream
- Carte d’or white chocolate ice cream
- Magnum white chocolate vanilla ice cream
You could also make a much better copycat white chocolate ice cream that is like your favourite from Marks & Spencers, Tescos, Lidl, Waitrose or even Walmart.
Or another idea is to convert your favourite Jamie Oliver white chocolate ice cream to the ice cream maker.
How To Make White Chocolate Ice Cream?
The process of making homemade white chocolate ice cream using an ice cream maker is SIMPLE:
- You whisk together the egg yolks and the sugar until they are light and fluffy.
- Heat milk and cream in a pan and load it with vanilla essence.
- Combine the warm and the cold and warm up the eggs and the sugar.
- Load into the freezer for quick cooling.
- Once cool load it into the ice cream maker and you now have our favourite vanilla ice cream recipe
- When the ice cream maker is 10 minutes from finishing, load in white chocolate.
- When it is done churning your white chocolate ice cream, load into containers and freeze for later.
White Chocolate Ice Cream Bar
I am a big fan of the food bars and love to make a baked potato bar for quick evening meals with the family.
Though instead of savoury you could make a white chocolate ice cream bar instead.
Make a round of our white chocolate ice cream in the ice cream maker, then serve it in little ice cream pots.
Then on the table have lots of different sprinkles and sauces that you can serve with your ice cream.
My favourite is butterscotch sauce and 100’s and 1000’s but you can choose whatever you like.
White Chocolate Ice Cream Toppings
I am some what of a white chocolate ice cream toppings junkie and cannot resist loading my ice cream with sticky sauces.
When I go out for a McFlurry it is always loaded with caramel sauce. At home its either caramel sauce or this delicious butterscotch sauce as shown below:
Though you might prefer chocolate sauce, or have other plans.
White Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe UK
As someone that grew up eating white chocolate and experienced her first white chocolate ice cream in the UK, this recipe is perfect for if you are looking for a white chocolate ice cream for the UK.
It was originally created by an Italian ice cream maker, so metric was how this recipe was originally produced.
Though it is also easy to adapt if you live in the US too. Simply swap single cream for the American half and half. You can also switch between metric and imperial for local measurements via our recipe card below.
More Ice Cream Maker Recipes
Our white chocolate ice cream maker recipe is number #2 in a 10 part summer series dedicated to making delicious ice cream recipes in your ice cream maker.
For further reading you can browse through the rest of our ice cream maker recipes below:
- Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe For Ice Cream Maker
- Ice Cream Maker Caramel Chew Chew
- Terry’s Chocolate Orange Ice Cream
- Raspberry Ripple Ice Cream
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Dulce De Leche Ice Cream
- Lemon Sorbet Ice Cream
- Paleo Banana Ice Cream
- Paleo Pineapple Ice Cream
White Chocolate Ice Cream With Ice Cream Maker
- Using an electric hand mixer or a whisk beat together the egg yolks and the sugar until they are fluffy.
- Heat milk and single cream in a small pan and add the vanilla essence.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan and stir on a high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the fridge and allow to cool for at least an hour.
- Load the vanilla ice cream mix to your ice cream maker and set it to 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add in your white chocolate that has been split in ½ grated and ½ chopped into small chunks.
- Allow the ice cream maker to churn for 15 more minutes to nicely mix in the white chocolate.
- Transfer to the freezer for an hour and then serve.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: