Welcome to my ice cream maker easy lemon sorbet recipe.
I remember the first time I ever tried a sorbet. I thought it was horrible and it was one of those bad kid eating experiences.
My mum never had anything sweet and delicious in when I was growing up because she was always on a diet. There would be some of my dad’s favourite chocolate in that I hated or some cooking chocolate in the cupboard and neither was appealing to me. And this one time there was some ice cream in the freezer, I remember trying it and thinking it was the most disgusting thing I had ever tried.
It was of course sorbet ice cream. Ice cream that was missing its cream, its fattening elements and most of all was a child’s nightmare. But of course it was a horrible diet sorbet so it didn’t have anything tasty in it.
Where as here I am going to show you how to make a traditional lemon sorbet that not only tastes delicious but doesn’t have the heavy cream or milk that ice cream has in it. So if you are a vegan follower then it would be great for you. I can’t promise you that it is super healthy because thanks to the caster sugar it is far from healthy, but it is a nice in between that is a lot lower in calories.
So grab a seat and discover how to make traditional lemon sorbet the way the Italians do and let’s face it, they certainly know what they are doing!Ice Cream Maker Easy #LemonSorbet #Recipe via @recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Ice Cream Maker
- 427 ml water
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 8 Large Lemons juice/rind
- Dissolve the sugar in a saucepan of water until the sugar has dissolved over a medium heat. Put to one side and leave to cool.
- Juice your lemons, and grate the rind from two of your lemons as you don’t want too much rind.
- Add the lemon juice and rind to the saucepan and stir well. Add your saucepan ingredients to your ice cream maker and allow it to do its magic for 30 minutes.
- Place in ice cream tubs and freeze for 2 hours and then serve.