This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Welcome to my latest Instant Pot recipe and this recipe is for Instant Pot cheese burger soup.
This is my idea of food heaven – minced beef, cheese, creamy sauce, potatoes and best of all, ready to eat in a flash!
I must admit I am addicted to deconstructed soup recipes. The idea that you can take some of your favourite ingredients from a traditional recipe and make it into a delicious hearty soup.
I find that sometimes a recipe can be boring in the traditional sense but with a few extra seasonings and the creamy base of a soup and I am sold on it.
For example I did a salad soup and it was much better than just eating a portion of boring rabbit food soup.
Then there was the Christmas Dinner soup that I did around this time last year where you could use your leftovers up in a totally original way!
Or our broccoli gratin that is full to bursting with melted cheese!!!
Well what about doing that with a cheese burger instead? All that delicious mince with the cheese is what I love most about trips to the burger bar and this is cheaper and so easy to make.
I may admit though that this was the first thing that I ever cooked in my Instant Pot as it had been Dominic’s job before then so I thought it was my turn and it was so much fun to get going with my brand new kitchen gadget!
Do let me know how it goes for you and what you made first in your Instant Pot!
Table of Contents
Instant Pot Cheese Burger Soup
- Place your garlic, onion, mustard and olive oil into the Instant Pot.
- Do the rest of your preparation and leave it ready and waiting for you on the chopping board.
- Sauté your Instant Pot ingredients via the sauté button set to manual for 10 minutes.
- Add the seasoning and stir well.
- Add the minced beef, add additional salt and pepper and then stir again.
- Add your carrot, potatoes and coconut milk and stir again.
- When the sauté has done its 10 minutes, add 2 cups of the water and place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing. Set to the soup mode for 15 minutes and when done manually remove the sealing and when the steam has gone you can open it.
- Add your cheese and give it a good stir before serving it.
Where To Source Your Ground/Minced Beef To Make Instant Pot Cheese Burger Soup:
Instant Pot Recipes – The Outtakes
It is Dominic’s work day in the office today and I will cook something myself in the Instant Pot without being scared. Honest….I will.
So I have wanted to make my own version of burger soup with loads of coconut milk and mince for ages. But I just haven’t got around to it, so today is the DAY.
I manage to open the lid, sauté everything and then the thought of getting that valve on wrong is too scary to think about, so Dominic does that bit.
I wait for it to make its noises and I think I might just use it myself one of these days. Though from what I read online I am not the first to be scared of it.