Welcome to my Slimming World Chicken Enchilada Soup recipe in the Instant Pot. A delicious spicy soup perfect for a family supper and so good you will have to have a second bowlful.
I love soup. I mean I REALLY LOVE SOUP. I love it in winter to warm me up when it is terribly cold outside, to help with weight loss, as a starter before a main meal or just because I have some vegetables that need using up and I can’t think of a better use for them.
The hubby on the other hand is a borderline soup fan. I call him borderline because it is more a case that if he will eat it because it is presented to him, but he thinks of soup as some kind of rabbit food and often associates it with the cabbage soup diet.
If I do a hearty soup (one like this one) he is sold on it straight away. But when I come at him with my Greek Eat Your Greens Soup he always says that he doesn’t want to eat from the grass like a rabbit and that I am not allowed to offer it to him again!
So we often have Slimming World friendly ones that are somewhere in between. They are not super low calorie but they are low in fat and they will always be hearty. Like a meatball soup, a lasagne soup, or a potato and bacon one. I serve up those kind of soups and he is a happy man.
Though I often bring it to him in the office when he is working late and he always shouts after me about where is his bread? So I don’t think I have won the battle completely but I am getting there!
In this recipe (cooked of course in the Instant Pot) we are combining spicy flavours, chicken breast, lime and cheese. Because those beauties just do so well together. They are like heaven in a bowl and if you do want to lose weight and would normally have a chicken enchiladas bake, then this is your delicious plan B!#SlimmingWorld Chicken Enchilada Soup In The Instant Pot #Recipe via recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Instant Pot
- Slow Cooker
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Small Onion peeled and diced
- 750 ml Chicken Broth
- 750 ml Homemade Tomato Sauce
- 1 Can Tinned Tomatoes
- 40 g Cheddar Cheese
- 100 g Sliced Avocado
- 3 Fresh Limes rind and juice
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- Fresh Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Puree
- Salt & Pepper
- Greek Yoghurt optional
- Tortilla Chips optional
- Press saute on the Instant Pot and add the garlic, onion, tinned tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onion has softened.
- Add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, seasoning and stir.
- Slowly add the chicken into the sauce doing so that the chicken is buried. Cook for 20 minutes on the manual setting and then quickly release the pressure.
- Using tongs remove the chicken and place it on your chopping board. With a knife and fork cut it up so that it is like shredded chicken,
- With what is left use a hand mixer to blend the rest of the soup. Add the chicken to the mix and stir. Add the limes (juice and rind) and season with extra salt and pepper if needed.
- Stir in the Greek yoghurt.
- Serve with sliced avocado, crushed tortilla chips and grated cheese.
I like to serve mine with tortilla chips. Not exactly Syn Free but you could Syn them if you wanted to use them too. I also use fat free Greek yoghurt instead of sour cream that you would find in a traditional recipe.
You want to really taste the limes so it is best to add it last rather than earlier on during the cooking process.
If you opt out of the tortilla chips it works out at 2.5 Syns for the avocado and ¼ of a healthy extra A serving for the cheese.