Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops. How to air fry pork chops from frozen. A delicious Portuguese inspired recipe that is perfect for busy weeknights and produces wonderfully tender pork chops.
Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops
Living in Portugal, many of my American readers are often fascinated by the Portuguese food and the low cost of living in Portugal.
Especially, when I mention that all our household bills are less than their car payments.
Then the conversation moves to the cost of eating out and how we love to eat Portuguese meals of the day.
Where there is a set menu of cheap meal deals that are super frugal but also homemade and delicious.
My American friends will reply that they can only get those prices at McDonalds and nothing can be homemade for that price.
My personal favourite from the meal deals is boneless pork chops that are served with fries, salad, and a sauce.
Paired together exactly like the recipe I am sharing with you today for air fryer frozen pork chops.
If you want to try a delicious Portuguese recipe in the air fryer for something different, then this is it.
Can You Air Fry Frozen Pork Chops?
Absolutely. I think of pork chops and it is always something I have in large quantities in the freezer.
I will buy it in bulk when it is on clearance and then save it for cheap family dinners.
The only nightmare of frozen pork chops is when they are stuck together when you get them out of the freezer.
Try to freeze them separately if you can or use a knife to separate them before air frying.
Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops Ingredients
The ingredients for air fryer frozen pork chops, are simple everyday ingredients that you can source, without having to go grocery shopping.
- Frozen Pork Chops – You can use bone in, or boneless frozen pork chops in the air fryer. The choice is yours. Though note to reduce cook time by 4 minutes if using boneless.
- Fries – We paired our frozen pork chops with air fryer frozen French fries. Perfect for if you are in a hurry for dinner, or if you want homemade swap it for our air fryer fries.
- Salad – In Portugal we always enjoy our pork and fries with a side salad. The lettuce will be tossed in a mix of balsamic vinegar, honey, and extra virgin olive oil, before tomatoes and cucumber are added.
- Pork Gravy – You can use any pork gravy you like. But what we love to do is when we make instant pot frozen pork loin, we will make a gravy from the leftovers. Or mix leftover potatoes with some pork juices for a thick natural gravy that is free of corn flour.
Any air fryer will do a good job at air fryer frozen pork chops, though we are using our Philips Air Fryer XL.
Cooking Frozen Pork Chops In Air Fryer
The quick version of cooking frozen pork chops in air fryer goes as follows:
- Place frozen pork chops in the air fryer and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes on low to defrost.
- Turn pork chops over.
- Cook for a further 8 minutes on medium to cook through and serve.
There is a little more to it than that, but those are the simple basics!
How Long Do You Air Fry Frozen Pork Chops?
Because you are cooking pork chops from frozen the cook time is a little more than you would expect of standard thawed pork chops.
We start with a 10 minute defrost and then finish 8 minutes to make sure they are fully cooked.
This gives your air fryer frozen pork chops a total cook time of 18 minutes.
Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops
Air Fryer Frozen Pork Chops Ingredients:
- 6 Medium Frozen Pork Chops
- Frozen French Fries optional
- Side Salad optional
- Salt & Pepper
- Unpack. Remove your frozen pork chops from the packaging and load into the air fryer basket ready for cooking.
- Season. Season your pork chops well with salt and pepper.
- Cook. Start cooking your pork chops with a temperature of 120c/250f for 10 minutes. Turn using tongs. Cook for a further 8 minutes at 170c/340f.
- Prepare. While the pork chops are cooking make your side salad. In a small bowl mix a teaspoon each of balsamic vinegar, honey, and extra virgin olive oil. Toss lettuce leaves in it and serve your salad with sliced tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Finish. Load onto plates your pork chops with a side salad, fries and a pork sauce.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: