This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer KFC Chicken Strips. Follow our homemade KFC crispy chicken strips recipe and learn how easy it is to recreate your favourite Kentucky Fried Chicken recipes at home.
DIY KFC Chicken Strips is one of the best recipes that you can master in your air fryer. It can be used for KFC leftovers, making strips, twisters, zinger burgers and so much more. Plus, the prep time is JUST 5 minutes and the cook time is quicker than waiting in KFC.
We originally shared with you how to make chicken strips like KFC back in the summer of 2016 and wanted to update it today for you with new photos and extra ideas.
KFC Crispy Strips Recipe
Do you have a favourite chicken recipe at KFC? For me it is and always will be the KFC chicken strips and I was so excited when I found out that KFC now has a chicken strips bucket.
That means that I can enjoy lots of my favourite, rather than having to eat other KFC that I was never that bothered for.
I’m more a fan of boneless chicken rather than on the bone and to binge on KFC chicken strips is perfect for me.
However, to cut down costs and to save you money and to make your KFC a little lower in calories, you can instead make KFC chicken strips in the air fryer.
They are so crispy; in fact, they are crispier than Kentucky Fried Chicken ones and they are so easy to make at home.
Plus, as well as our free newsletter, we also have a free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
KFC Chicken Tenders Recipe
Whilst I would call them KFC chicken strips and it will be on the menu in my local KFC as strips, I appreciate that in other parts of the world it is often referred to as KFC chicken tenders.
You probably want to know what the difference is and if strips differ to the KFC chicken tenders you are used to buying.
Well, they are one of the same. Just a different name depending on where you live.
So next time you are wondering if KFC has chicken tenders, the chances are you need to ask for strips instead.
What Are KFC Strips?
KFC strips are long slices of chicken that has usually been cut from the chicken breast. They are served breaded at Kentucky Fried Chicken outlets around the world and are best enjoyed with some mayonnaise.
You can also use them in wraps and also serve them with potato wedges for a nice easy dinner in the air fryer.
KFC Chicken Strips Ingredients
Chicken – To make copycat KFC chicken strips, you will need some chicken breasts that you can cut into strips. I like to make KFC crispy chicken strips when I have a chicken breast spare in the fridge that needs using up. Or you can make a big batch of them and make some KFC twisters.
Egg – I recommend cracking a few eggs into a bowl and mixing them with some extra seasoning. This helps keep your chicken more flavoursome and helps the breading stick to the chicken better.
Flour – The flour is what goes on the KFC chicken tenders first and helps the egg then stick to the flour. You can use any flour that you have in your pantry. I usually use this as an excuse to have a kitchen pantry clear out.
Seasoning – Its all about the delicious seasoning mix that you associate with KFC chicken. You can also mix and match if you have a food allergy which is what us Milner’s do.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this air fryer KFC recipe, it has just been our Philips Air Fryer. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer chicken recipes and perfectly fits a big batch of KFC chicken tenders in it.
How To Make Chicken Strips Like KFC?
- Seasonings. Start by mixing your KFC spice blend in a container. I always use a container because I can then save the leftovers for next time, I want homemade Kentucky fried chicken strips.
- Production. Its all about the production line. Create a bowl with your egg mixture, one bowl with your seasoned flour and a third with your seasoned breadcrumbs. A fourth bowl will then have your chicken breast strips that are waiting to be breaded. Though see below for a full explanation of how this works.
- Coat. Load your chicken tenders into the flour first, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Making sure each of your KFC chicken strips are well coated.
- Load. Add to the air fryer and air fry for 12 minutes. If you are cooking a lot of chicken do a single layer, then do more batches.
What To Serve With Your KFC Chicken Strips?
For a bit of fun, what I like to do is keep an old KFC chicken bucket and reuse it for serving our KFC air fryer chicken in.
With KFC now offering a bucket of just chicken strips or as you might call them chicken tenders, you can do the same with your old bucket.
Make a big batch of air fryer chicken strips and then plan your sides.
More KFC Chicken In Air Fryer
Would you like more KFC chicken in the air fryer? Or like me do you have leftovers that need using up and you want to make something else.
If so, follow the rest of our air fryer KFC series below:
Though my biggest recommendation is either the Zinger or the twister because that is a similar recipe to these chicken strips and its giving you the chance to change your chicken strips (or tenders) into something really special.
Air Fryer KFC Chicken Strips
KFC Chicken Strips Ingredients:
- Place chicken breasts on a clean chopping board. Slice length ways into strips. Then season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and mix with a fork.Place flour in a bowl and season well with chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper. Place breadcrumbs into a bowl and mix with your KFC rub.
- Load chicken strips into the flour mixture, then into the egg, and then into the breadcrumbs bowl. Make sure each piece of chicken is well coated from each bowl.
- Place the chicken strips into the air fryer basket on a single layer.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 180c/360f. Then turn and cook for a further 4 minutes at the same temperature.
- Whilst the air fryer cooks the chicken strips add the mayonnaise ingredients into a serving bowl, mix with a fork and serve with your chicken strips once they are done.