I grew up in a small seaside town in the North of England that was full to bursting with fish and chip shops. It wasn’t unheard of to see four of them in a row next to each other. And come summer because all the holiday makers were visiting and wanted fish and chips there wouldn’t be a fish and chip shop that wasn’t super busy.
I remember one of the ones that I worked at. The fish and chips were really bad but because they had an excellent location they were never short of customers.
But for a cheap lunch you couldn’t beat fish and chips and when my American relatives visit it is this and the beer that they head for.
Kyle hasn’t experienced any fish and chips so one day we will take him back to the town where Dominic & I met and grew up and treat him to some.
In the meantime we made him the fish and chips recipe below and it has kept him satisfied for the meantime.
- My Air Fryer Chips
- 2 Fish Fillets (catfish is best)
- 1 Medium Egg (beaten)
- 3 Slices Wholemeal Bread (made into breadcrumbs)
- 25g Bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 Lemon (rind and juice)
- 1Tbsp Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- Make the chips just like my Air Fryer chips recipe (get it here).
- Cut the fish fillets in half to make four nice sized pieces of fish ready for cooking. Season with lemon juice and then put to one side.
- Grind in a food processor the breadcrumbs, lemon rind, parsley, tortillas and salt and pepper. Place it into a large baking tray.
- Cover the fish in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Then cook for 15 minutes on 180c until nice and crispy and when the lovely fish smell fills your kitchen.
We have put together 26 favourite recipes for you to enjoy with your trusted air fryer. They include potatoes, chips, meatloaf, meatballs and a range of other delights.
We are huge fans of Air Fryer cooking and use it to shave thousands off our monthly calories and even if you’re not in it for weight loss it is great for healthy eating. Kiss goodbye to the microwave and the fat fryer and say hello to the modern cooking world!
It is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.