Air Fryer Meatball & Potato Traybake
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Delicious air fryer meatball and potatoes. Cooked in the air fryer like a traybake with yellow pepper, swede, carrot, potato, and homemade meatballs. All comes together brilliantly for a delicious dinner for two.
You can also easily mix and match with your favourite potatoes and veggies and dump the ingredients into the air fryer to make the perfect easy air fryer dinner.
Meatballs And Potatoes
You think of a meatball tradition and its usually some sort of pasta and meatballs dish. Such as our instant pot spaghetti with frozen meatballs. But potatoes and meatballs instead is an after thought even though its very easy to make and even easier with the help of the air fryer.
I love a traybake or as you might call it in the US a sheet pan dinner, and you can take the principles of a traybake to the air fryer and dump a bit of this and a bit of that and turn it into the best dinner ever.
We did similar with our air fryer harvest casserole, and todays recipe for meatballs and potatoes in the air fryer, is to show you that can rinse and repeat the same method but mix and match the meat, potatoes and veggies.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Shop Local Air Fryer Challenge
We love shopping local and have a favourite greengrocer that we get weekly veggie boxes from and a local butcher that supplies a lot of the meat you see on Recipe This. We often find that the quality is much better, and the prices are similar too. We challenged ourselves to make as many meals as possible out of a veg box + meat box and share with you the results.
This air fryer recipe is one of those recipes and click here to view our air fryer shop local recipes.
Can You Cook Meatballs In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can air fry meatballs and you will love them in the air fryer. You can also mix and match with different meats such as our air fryer Thai meatballs which are my favourite and not a traditional flavour when you think of meatballs.
Can I Put Meat And Potatoes In Air Fryer?
Yes, you can air fry meat and potatoes in the air fryer and there is so many different ways of doing so. This air fryer meatball and potatoes recipe is the same style I do a lot, but where I just mix and match the ingredients for what I have in and what type of food we all want to eat.
Is It Better To Bake Or Fry Meatballs?
Don’t do either. Instead, air fry your meatballs. They will be crispy and yummy, never dry and any excess fat can drip into the bottom of the air fryer basket. They also don’t need any oil when you air fry meatballs compared to if you pan fry them.
Can You Cook Mince In An Air Fryer UK?
Yes, you can cook mince in the air fryer, and you will love it. You can make air fryer chilli con carne, just cook air fryer mince on its own, air fryer hamburgers, air fryer lamb koftas and so many more.
What Is The Best Temperature To Cook Meatballs At?
The best temperature for air fried meatballs is 180c/360f. It will perfectly cook your meatballs without them going dry.
Whenever I have cooked meatballs in the air fryer at 200c/400f I have always needed a lot of sauce because they have been overly dry.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Meatball And Potato Recipe Ingredients
Mince – We used some leftover mince from our fridge for the meatballs. We also had some onion, grated cheese, and tomato puree in the fridge too so that we could make some cheap meatballs from leftovers.
Potatoes – Our greengrocers do the biggest baked potatoes you have ever seen and we had ½ of one leftover to cook with the meatballs.
Veggies – Then for veggies we used yellow pepper, swede and some carrot.
Seasoning – Then for the seasonings its personal choice to what you want to include but we love keeping it simple with some salt, pepper and oregano.
Can You Recommend An Air Fryer?
I often get asked which air fryers I recommend and which one I use. In 95% of our air fryer recipes, we use either the Philips Air Fryer XL or the Cosori XL because they are the best ones, we have found out of many air fryers we have tried over the years. You can click on the links above and read up on them.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested everyday air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10+ years.
How To Cook A Meatball Traybake In Air Fryer?
- Prep. Peel and slice the carrots, potatoes and swede into the shape of medium sized chips/fries. Then slice the yellow pepper into a similar shape.
- Mix. Put the yellow pepper to one side and place everything else into a mixing bowl. Mix together veggies, oil and seasoning with your hands and then place into the air fryer basket. Air fry for 13 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Prep. Whilst the veggies are cooking prepare the meatballs. Add meatball ingredients into a bowl, mix with tomato puree and seasoning and cheese and then form into medium sized meatballs.
- Cook. When the air fryer beeps add the peppers and shake to mix in with the veggies. Add the meatballs on top and air fryer for the same time and temp again and then serve.
More Air Fryer Dinner Ideas You Will Love!
- Air Fryer Steak & Chips
- Air Fryer Sausage & Chips
- Air Fryer Harvest Casserole
- Air Fryer Lasagna
- Air Fryer Fish & Chips
- Air Fryer Shrimp Fajitas
Your meatball and potato traybake in air fryer recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Meatball & Potato Traybake
- ½ Yellow Pepper
- ½ Swede/Rutabaga
- 1 Medium Carrot
- ½ Large Baked Potato
- 2 Tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Mixed Herbs
- Salt & Pepper
For The Meatballs
- 500 g Minced Beef/Ground Beef
- ½ White Onion
- 2 Tbsp Grated Red Leicester Cheese
- 2 Tsp Tomato Puree
- 2 Tsp Dried Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- Peel and slice the potato, carrot, and swede into chips. Also slice the pepper into strips too. Then put the pepper to one side.
- Add the veggies into a bowl, add the oil and seasonings and mix well with your hands.
- Place the potato, carrot, swede into the air fryer and air fry for 13 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Whilst the veggies are air frying, add your meatball ingredients into a bowl, mix well with your hands and then make into meatball shapes. When the air fryer beeps, add the pepper and then shake the air fryer to mix the peppers into the veggies.
- Then place the meatballs over the veggies and air fry for another 13 minutes at the same temperature, then serve.
Perfect great for the kids and my hubby loved this as well. First time i cooked something together in the air fryer and i was well impressed in how it turned out. Many thanks.