Air Fryer Lasagna
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
How to make a delicious air fryer lasagna. Cook a lasagne from scratch in the air fryer with this simple recipe that even cuts back on your washing up.
You will love how delicious this air fryer lasagna is. It feeds four people and is loaded with all the classic lasagne ingredients and cooks quicker than an oven baked lasagna.
This lasagna air fryer recipe was originally shared with you back in 2020 and is updated for you today with new photos and even more air fryer tips and tricks.
Air Fryer Lasagna
As I type air fryer lasagna into Microsoft Word ahead of Dominic scheduling it for me on Recipe This, it is getting confused.
This is because I type with British English, as I grew up in Northern England and it keeps wanting to correct me and call it air fryer lasagne and thinks air fryer lasagna with an “a” is a typo.
Until I became a food blogger and started to get more and more American visitors to Recipe This, I was not aware of how different things are.
For example, there is zucchini vs courgette, egg plant vs aubergine and not forgetting biscuit vs cookie.
But what is most interesting about the lasagna, is how different an American lasagna is to a British lasagne. You see in England we just have Bolognese in between lasagne sheets and then load the top with homemade cheese sauce.
Very much like a classic Italian lasagne. Whilst in the USA the version is an American Italian and is loaded with ricotta and parmesan and egg and the lasagna sheets are some what different.
It is wonderful to see how different lasagna can be from country to country and learn even more about the favourite food on the other side of the ocean.
I did wonder what version of air fryer lasagna to make for you today and decided on Bolognese style lasagna that includes showing you how to cook ground beef in the air fryer first.
Are You New To The Air Fryer?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular air fryer mini course which teaches you the air fryer basics in 5 days, we also have our air fryer bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy air fryer recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can You Cook Lasagna In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can air fry lasagna and you will fall head over heels in love with air fried lasagna.
Just because making air fryer lasagna is easier than the traditional methods that we are all so used to.
You use the same container to cook the meat in, as you do to air fry the lasagna. Then you will just need a mixing bowl to put everything together as well as a cheese sauce.
We are using our Thermomix cheese sauce, but any cheese sauce will work well, or use some cheese sauce leftovers.
Then the container we cook the lasagna in is made of silicone making it very easy to wash up afterwards.
Here is the silicone container in action:
Ninja Foodi Lasagna
You can also follow this same lasagna air fryer recipe in the Ninja Foodi or with a Ninja air fryer.
The same cook times and temps apply and so does the process of making it.
#1 Air Fryer Lasagna Trick
We all hate how long it takes to cook a lasagna in the oven, but there is a lasagna trick that can speed you up a little.
That is to soak your dried lasagne sheets first. What this does is make them cook super fast and then you are not waiting around on that lasagna.
You then soak them in some water until they are like fresh lasagna (instead of dried) and then let them dry on a chopping board, before adding to the lasagna.
Would you like easy & amazing air fryer recipes from air fryer experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST air fryer beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful air fryer resources.
Lasagna Ingredients List
Mince – You will need about 750g which is just over 1.5lb and is perfect for four medium slices of lasagna. You can use mixed mince such as half pork and half beef, or just stick to beef.
Onion – I always start by air frying some onion to add to the lasagna. You can use any onion that you prefer.
Tomatoes – To make a quick tomato Bolognese style sauce for your mince the quick method is to use tinned tomatoes and tomato puree.
Garlic – I also love lasagna with plenty of garlic. The quick method is to use chopped frozen garlic as it is a true foodie life saver.
Lasagna – I recommend a pack of dried lasagne sheets that you can soak to turn into fresh lasagna. But you can use fresh if you prefer.
Seasonings – Then my favourite bit is the seasoning so that your lasagna in the air fryer tastes good. We added salt, pepper, parsley, and oregano.
Sauce – You will also need a cheese sauce. I recommend our soup maker cheese sauce or our Thermomix cheese sauce. Both are simple and the soup maker is the healthier version that is flour free and loaded with hidden veggies.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this recipe for air frying lasagna it has just been our Philips air fryer. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our air fryer recipes category as we have more than 500 tried and tested air fryer recipes and have been air frying for 10 years.
How To Cook Lasagna In Air Fryer?
- Onions. Start by peeling and dicing your onions and air frying your onions with a little extra virgin olive oil spray. Read all about air fryer onions here.
- Soak. Whilst the onion is air frying add lasagne sheets to a large dish, pour over some water and allow the lasagne to transform from dried to fresh. Then remove from the water and place on a clean worktop or chopping board.
- Mince. Transfer your onions to your silicone container and add in mince, garlic, and seasoning. Air fry the mince for 5 minutes at 180c/360f, stir and then air fry for a further 4 minutes at the same temperature.
- Bowl. Next move the cooked mince to a mixing bowl and add to the bowl your tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic, and seasonings. Mix well.
- Load. Add to the silicone container a layer of mince, then a layer of lasagne sheets, a layer of mince, then a layer of lasagne, then finish with pouring over some cheese sauce.
- Cook. Place the silicone dish back into the air fryer and cook for 15 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Serve. When the air fryer beeps serve your lasagne with some air fryer garlic bread and a salad.
And I am sure you can see now how easy it is to cook lasagna in air fryer and how you can be doing the same.
Pre-Order The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook Now!
- USA/Canada: Amazon USA
- UK/Rest Of The World: Amazon UK
- Cookbook Details: More Order Options + Cookbook Info
How Long To Cook Lasagna In Air Fryer?
The air fryer lasagna cook time is a total of 27 minutes, which is much quicker than a traditional lasagna that you bake in the oven.
The lasagna cooking time consists of:
- 3 minutes to cook the onions
- 9 minutes to cook the mince
- 15 minutes to bake the lasagna
What Temperature Should I Cook Lasagna?
The best temperature for this lasagna air fryer recipe is 180c/360f. This ensures that the lasagna is cooked through, and you don’t have lasagna uncooked in the middle whilst bubbling on top.
This 180c temperature also works well for cooking your ground beef in the air fryer too.
How Long Is Lasagna Good For?
Lasagna can last up to 4 days in the fridge once it has been cooked. Though of course in our house lasagna lasts about 30 minutes.
Simply leave the lasagna in the silicone and place in the fridge once it is cold. Then store in the fridge until you are ready to reheat.
Listen To Air Fryer Lasagna
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
More Air Fryer Dinners
Here at Recipe This we to make dinner in the air fryer. Here are a few other air fryer dinner ideas:
- Air Fryer Mac And Cheese – One of my favourite air fryer mid week dinner recipes and so, so easy. Just add macaroni, cheese and milk!
- Air Fryer Roast Chicken Dinner – Cooked in my air fryer basket, we have stuffing, roast chicken, vegetables and roast potatoes, all cooked together.
- Air Fryer Roast Beef + Yorkshire Puddings – Easy to make and OMG so good. You could also add in extra sides or maybe some potatoes?
- Air Fryer Taco Pie – You can also follow a similar method to our air fryer lasagna and make an air fryer taco pie. A favourite in the Milner house and perfect for leftover tortilla wraps.
Your lasagna air fryer recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free air fryer ebooks and useful air fryer cook time charts and so much more.
Air Fryer Lasagna
- Thermomix Cheese Sauce
- 8 Lasagne Sheets
- 750 g Ground Beef/Minced Beef
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Can Tinned Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Puree/Paste
- 2 Tsp Frozen Chopped Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Peel and slice your onion and load into the air fryer basket. Spray with extra virgin olive oil and cook for 3 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Whilst the onion is cooking place your dried lasagne sheets into a large casserole dish with water and soak until soft. Then remove the lasagne and allow to sit on the worktop to remove excess liquid.
- Load your cooked onions into a silicone dish.
- Then add to the dish your mince, salt, pepper, half the parsley and half the garlic. Air fry for 5 minutes at 180c/360f, stir and then air fry for a further 4 minutes at the same temperature.
- Load the mince into a mix bowl and mix with the rest of the garlic and parsley, the oregano, tomato puree and tinned tomatoes.
- Add a layer of the Bolognese into your silicone dish, then a layer of the lasagne sheets making sure it is well covered, then more Bolognese, then the lasagne sheets.
- Finally top with cheese sauce until well coated and load into the air fryer.
- Air Fry for 15 minutes at 180c/360f or until the lasagne is bubbling and golden on top.
I tried this recipe after doing your frozen lasagne recipe and found it was not as hard as i thought it was. You explain all the steps and mine turned out just like yours and it was delicious, a great meal for me and my hubby.
Kathy i came here because i did not believe you could cook a lasagne in an air fryer, but you guys have proved me wrong. I thought it would just cook on top like was said in a FB group but i followed all the steps and even though i have a Ninja air fryer it turned out great many thanks, i have subscribed thanks for your help.
Trying it now.
Covered or uncovered?
Sorry for the late reply. We did ours with no cover on 🙂
what level do i put my lasagna on i know everything except which shelf
In the middle is the best place Deborah 🙂
In your recipe, you did not mention prepping the lasagna… Do I use oven ready lasagna? OR lasagna that needs to be boiled first? Further instructions would be appreciated… Thank you.
The lasagna sheets do not need boiling or cooking before using. You just layer them on and pit in the Air fryer 🙂
What is the size of your silicone dish?
It is 7 inches 🙂
I really appreciate how quickly you respond to questions. I used an 8” soufflé dish (ceramic, so cook time was longer). I don’t know how it would have fit in a smaller dish. My rating is because my noodles never got soft, either during soaking or cooking. Maybe because they’re American?