This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Deep Fried Oreos. The best air fryer oreos either with or without crescent rolls. Totally delicious and addictive and a great way to make a quick sweet treat in the air fryer or air fryer oven.
What is not to love about air fryer deep fried oreos? Your favourite chocolate oreos are dunked in milk, covered in your favourite pastry and then air fried.
You can pick and choose what pastry you use in your deep fried oreos. It could be pancake mix, crescent roll, puff pastry or even your own homemade shortcrust pastry. The choice is yours!
Air Fryer Deep Fried Oreos
If like me, you have a sweet tooth then the air fryer can be your best friend for everything sweet and not just savoury.
If memory serves me correctly, the first ever sweet treat I had in the air fryer was air fryer chocolate chip cookies. They were delicious and we make them in the Milners house regularly.
But one sweet treat that has passed me by is air fryer oreos. Well until now!
I am not a big oreos fan. I love the golden oreos rather than the original oreos and you could use either.
Many of my readers have been asking me to make air fryer deep fried oreos, and it is here FINALLY and is part of our growing air fryer sweet treats collection.
If you are not a huge oreo fan you can swap our air fryer deep fried oreos for your favourite biscuit or cookie and get similar results.
I don’t know why but my first thought is to make jammie dodgers as out of all biscuits that is my true favourite.
You could say the possibilities are endless. Just grab your favourite biscuits, pastry dough and a little milk and you are all set!
Can You Air Fry Oreos?
Yes, you can. It is very easy to air fry oreos and it is a lot lower in calories compared to deep fried oreos. You can also do different sized and different flavoured oreos depending on what oreos you have in your pantry.
Air Fryer oreos taste better than deep fried oreos and because you are not deep frying, you have a lot more choice when it comes to which pastry you use.
Air Fryer Oreos With Crescent Rolls
The most famous pastry used in air fryer oreos is crescent rolls. BUT what if you don’t like crescent rolls, don’t have any or can’t get it? Or what if you have other spare pastry in the house that needs using up?
Of course, make air fryer oreos with crescent rolls if you can. But there are a few alternatives you can use too:
Puff Pastry – Puff pastry is fantastic and if I was not making my own pastry it would be my first choice. It is wonderfully thick and puffs up perfectly.
Though when you buy puff pastry it is plain, so I would recommend adding in some extra sugar to it as you roll it out.
Air Fryer Pie Crust – YES! I have a shortcrust pastry specific for the air fryer. It is what we used in our air fryer deep fried oreos (see pic above) and is the perfect thickness and a great alternative for crescent rolls.
Filo pastry is a NO though. That is because the pastry is way too thin and it can’t handle the weight of an oreo and just breaks too much.
What Ingredients & Gadgets Go Into Air Fryer Oreos?
There are 4 main ingredients that go into an air fryer deep fried oreo:
I would recommend before making your air fryer deep fried oreos that you have a good air fryer that will consistently make them for you.
There seems to be some very cheap brands of air fryers that my readers keep complaining are breaking on them.
The reason I suggest a grill pan is that the grill pan works much better when cooking recipes that involve dough.
Otherwise, if you just use the air fryer basket it tends to stick to it and the food falls out.
This can also make cleaning it a nightmare too! I also like how sturdy food is in the grill pan compared to the basket.
How Long To Air Fry Oreos?
It is rather quick to cook air fryer oreos. In fact, the deep fried oreos we cooked in the air fryer took JUST 6 minutes.
Can you believe that for time? I cooked my first batch for 6 minutes and they were perfect. I planned to check on them at 6 minutes and add extra time. But they didn’t need any more time!
How To Make Air Fryer Oreos?
- Roll out your preferred pastry onto a clean floured worktop.
- Cut your pastry into big rounds with one for each oreo.
- Dunk your oreo in milk and then wrap some pastry around it.
- Place in the air fryer and cook on medium.
- Serve warm sprinkled in icing sugar.
More Air Fryer Sweet Treats
Here at Recipe This we love easy air fryer sweet treats. We have several of them that we cook regularly including:
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies – My all time favourite sweet tooth option in the air fryer. When I have chocolate cravings these are what gets cooked.
- Air Fryer Cake – Did you know that you can make a classic Victoria sandwich sponge cake in the air fryer? Turns out perfectly every time and you can’t just have one slice!
- Air Fryer Pop Tarts – For a breakfast or brunch sweet treat make yourself a batch of homemade air fryer pop tarts.
Air Fryer Deep Fried Oreos
- Roll out your pastry and split into 6 equal pieces.
- Roll out each piece so that it is big enough to wrap around an oreo.
- Dunk each oreo in milk, place onto the pastry round and cover the pastry around the oreo.
- Load the pastry covered oreos into the air fryer grill pan.
- Cook for 6 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Once cooked sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve warm with a glass of milk.