Welcome to how to make the ultimate three cheese cauliflower pizza. Using the Hausmann Germany pizza tray.
After my recent recipes for my cheesy garlic bread and my bolognese pizza, I bet you think that my life revolves around pizza. Well I do like my pizza and over the last month I have probably had the most pizza that I have ever had. It wasn’t intentional it was just what ingredients I had in and enjoying some homemade food for a frugal blogging month.
This recipe actually came about approximately six months ago. At the time I owned a Paleo diet blog and everything on it was 100% Paleo. I also had ebooks planned full of recipes and so much more. But instead I decided to sell it and create this site instead. As a result I ended up with sheets of old notepaper everywhere with old Paleo recipes.
So when I was approached by Hausmann to review their pizza tray I jumped at the chance. Not only did I get two pizza trays (after all when there is a crowd since when was one enough?) but I also received a really nice pasta pot.
The pizza tray had holes in the bottom and I thought if I could master this with cauliflower pizza it would out of this world. Just because whenever you see someone making cauliflower pizza they always use an oven tray. The result is that the bottom is lacking air and just doesn’t turn out how it should.
But I love a challenge and wanted to see if this could work.
However I will confess that I was quite nervous about the idea so sat on the product for about three weeks before I used it. Plus as I had received two 12.5 inch pizza trays, if it went wrong with the cauliflower pizza, I could try again with the second one.
So I bit the bullet and made by very first cauliflower pizza using a proper pizza tray. Of course, I am not 100% Paleo now so it was only right that this version would have cheese added!How To Make The Ultimate 3 #Cheese #CauliflowerPizza via @recipe_thisClick To Tweet
- Chop up your cauliflower into medium sized florets.
- In your soup maker (or steamer) place your cauliflower. Along with parsley, salt and pepper, add the desired water for steaming and cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain your steamer and place the cauliflower back in. Add a teaspoon of garlic puree and blend. Your cauliflower will now resemble lumps of cauliflower.
- In a sieve strain your cauliflower and using a masher turn it into mash.
- Place your cauliflower inside a clean tea towel and ring out until water stops coming out and you have a cauliflower that is like wet dough.
- Place the cauliflower in a mixing bowl with a the egg and 50g of cheddar cheese. Mix well and then form a dough with it. Fill the pizza dough over your tray so that it is evenly spread out. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 220c.
- Remove from the oven and add your extra toppings. We added another 50g cheddar, some edam cheese and then some soft cheese. We then finished it with some more tomatoes on top of some sliced tomatoes. So it just depends on what you have in. Cook in the oven for a further 15 minutes on the same heat.
- Transfer to a chopping board so that it can cool and then serve.
Hausmann 12.5 Inch Pizza Tray
This pizza tray is fantastic. It makes enough pizza to feed a family of five and is easy to use and high quality. It will always be remembered to us as the first time we made cauliflower pizza in a real pizza tray.
It is also very easy to clean, fits perfectly in the oven and is very easy for storing in your kitchen.
In terms of getting yourself one of these pizza trays (or exploring the rest of their range) you can explore more by clicking here. If I were to do it again and/or if I were to currently recommend a good quality pizza tray to you, I would say CHOOSE THIS ONE.