Instant Pot Mashed Parsnips is the winter comfort food of your dreams. Delicious parsnips that are steamed in the pressure cooker to keep their amazing flavour, mashed with butter, seasoned with chives and served warm.
Parsnips? Well I am there. I am there with bells on. If there is one flavour of winter that I love, then it is parsnips.
I love parsnips so much that I would choose a roast parsnip at Christmas over a roast potato.
I also get super excited over the smell of parsnips as it reminds me so much about Christmas time.
But parsnips are also rather expensive here in Portugal. We have our local version of the British supermarket Iceland and the price for such a small portion is ridiculous.
But because it’s something you love so much, you can’t resist paying it. You get 3 tiny ones for 1,50€ compared to a bag of them in England for 50 pence.
Therefore, parsnips are my special occasion food!
While I was in the UK, I bulk bought them. I just couldn’t stop smelling them and eating them.
In the end my parsnip obsession had got out of hand and it felt like the perfect time to enjoy some Instant Pot Mashed Parsnips.
It takes just 6 minutes to cook Mashed Parsnips in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
Then you can mash your mashed parsnips how you prefer. Whether this is butter, extra virgin olive oil, just milk or a mixture of the three.
Whether you just want a nice side dish to go with your roast dinner this Christmas or have a surplus amount of parsnips that you want to use up, then these Instant Pot Mashed Parsnips tick all the boxes.
MORE Instant Pot Mash
We love our mash at RecipeThis.com and love it for either roast dinner sides or just because we have a big fat urge for some comfort food heaven.
Here are some more Instant Pot Mash recipes for you to check out:
- Instant Pot Mashed Potato
- Instant Pot Mashed Sweet Potato
- Instant Pot Root Vegetable Mash
- Instant Pot Swede & Carrot Mash
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Mash
Instant Pot Mashed Parsnips
- Peel and dice the parsnips and place them into your Instant Pot.
- Add vegetable stock, place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and cook for 6 minutes on manual pressure.
- Manually release pressure and drain the parsnips and place them back in the Instant Pot.
- Add butter, milk, salt and pepper.
- Mash well in the Instant Pot until there are no lumps.
- Serve warm with fresh chives.