Super easy and super tasty slow cooker lamb chops cooked slow in the Crockpot with mushrooms and served with roasted potatoes and garden peas.
These lamb chops are the most tender lamb chops I have ever eaten and perfect for dumping in the slow cooker and letting your Crockpot do the hard work!
Lamb Chops In Crockpot
During my latest trip to the butchers, I managed to pick up a lot more lamb chops than I really needed.
I figured that I would make a few batches of air fryer lamb chops and then decide on something else to cook with whatever lamb chops I had left.
The whatever lamb chops that I had left became the slow cooker lamb chops recipe that I am sharing with you today.
My Crockpot is on its way out and desperate for a replacement and I think this lamb chops is going to be its last recipe before I treat myself to a replacement.
So, excuse the old scratched Crockpot and even on an old machine like mine, these lamb chops are delicious.
Are You New To The Slow Cooker?
This is perfect for you if you want to get more recipes for your slow cooker. Loaded with a lot of British classics and something for everyone.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to it in an instant.
Can You Slow Cook Lamb Chops?
Yes, you can cook lamb chops in the slow cooker. Slow Cooked lamb chops are absolutely delicious and so easy to prep and dump in your slow cooker.
Once you have tried slow cooked lamb chops, you will be wanting to cook them each time you get some lamb chops from your local butchers.
Can You Cook Lamb Chops From Frozen In Slow Cooker?
I wouldn’t recommended cooking frozen lamb chops in the slow cooker. I am a big fan of a lot of food cooked from frozen, but lamb chops in the slow cooker is not one of them.
The problem you have is that the lamb chops are not cooking soon enough because they are defrosting first, and like why you shouldn’t cook frozen chicken in the slow cooker its very easy for them to make you ill.
Cooking Lamb Chops In Slow Cooker
There are many varieties of lamb chops that you can cook in your slow cooker. You may have a favourite cut of lamb that you prefer over another. Just note, that the cheaper the cut of lamb, the fattier the lamb is when cooked. And you don’t want your slow cooker swimming in lamb fats.
Here are a few favourite lamb chop cuts you can try in the slow cooker:
- Lamb Shoulder Blade Chops
- Lamb Forequarter Chops
- Lamb Chump Chops
- Lamb Leg Chops
- Lamb Neck Chops
- Lamb Loin Chops
The best flavoursome lamb chop to cook is the lamb neck chops, whilst in Australia the most eaten is the lamb forequarter chops and the most lean ones is the lamb loin chops.
We will be cooking today lamb loin chops in the slow cooker.
Lamb Chops In Slow Cooker On High
I also recommend for the best tasting lamb chops that you cook them in the slow cooker on high.
It only takes 3 hours for lamb chops to cook on high and isn’t a long process to prep them either.
I normally put my slow cooker on after lunch and then it is ready for dinner time.
Lamb Chops In Slow Cooker With Gravy
You can also make slow cooker lamb chops and gravy. What I would do if I wanted to have gravy too, is to make a sauce with the cooked mushrooms.
Grab a handful of the mushrooms, add some of the juices from the lamb chops (2tbsp) and then add them to a blender with one potato and some cream. This will make an amazing lamb and mushroom gravy that is ideal for serving with your lamb chops.
Check out our instant pot lamb chops as we have done something similar in that recipe.
Slow Cooker Lamb Chops And Potatoes
I can’t have lamb chops in the slow cooker without potatoes. It’s just so wrong without them. I also have to have them with some garden peas for that old fashioned midweek dinner.
What I did to make slow cooker lamb chops and potatoes was use the air fryer for air fryer roasted potatoes with rosemary.
Then at the same time use the air fryer to warm up the frozen peas.
Its just a fantastic pairing and you can do this when the slow cooker has 30 minutes left so that everything is ready around the same time.
Would you like easy & amazing slow cooker recipes from slow cooker experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST slow cooker beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful kitchen gadget resources.
Lamb Chops Slow Cooker Ingredients
Lamb – Slow cooking lamb chops start with choosing the cut of lamb chops that is right for you. We’re using lamb loin chops in this recipe.
Potatoes – This is of course optional but I love slow cooker lamb chops and potatoes. You can then serve them with the lamb chops for an all in one dinner.
Mushrooms – Then of course I find any gaps I can in the slow cooker to decorate the lamb chops in mushrooms. Lamb chops and mushrooms go together perfectly.
Marinade – Then for the ingredients to make your lamb chops marinade I recommend extra virgin olive oil, honey, frozen garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and red wine.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this recipe for slow cooked lamb chops it has just been our Crockpot Slow Cooker. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of weeknight dinners and we have used it many times for similar recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our slow cooker recipes category as we have more than 100 tried and tested slow cooker recipes and have been using slow cookers for 18 years.
How To Do Lamb Chops In A Slow Cooker?
- Marinate. Add to a bowl your marinade ingredients, along with lamb chops and place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Sauté. Dice and peel your onion and sauté with extra virgin olive oil in the slow cooker.
- Dump. Add to the slow cooker your lamb chops, leftover marinade and decorate with mushrooms in the gaps.
- Cook. Slow cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 5 hours.
- Add. If serving with potatoes cook your potatoes 30 minutes before the slow cooker beeps and serve together.
And I am sure you can see why this slow cooker lamb chops and potatoes recipe is a true favourite of mine.
How Long Do Lamb Chops Take In A Slow Cooker?
These lamb chops in Crockpot take JUST 3 hours on high. This makes the lamb chops incredibly tender in this time and so flavoursome.
You can also cook your lamb chops on low if you prefer, and they will take 5 hours on low.
Lamb Chops Slow Cooker Tips & Tricks
- I recommend marinating your lamb chops first for a couple of hours in the fridge. It makes such a difference to the flavour of your lamb.
- Not cooked lamb in the slow cooker before? Then check out our slow cooker roast lamb recipe first.
- If you want a sauce to go with your lamb chops, then make one from leftover lamb juices, cream, and mushrooms. It’s so delicious.
- You can swap the lamb chops for pork chops and get similar results.
- I always cook some air fryer roasted potatoes at the same time as the lamb in the slow cooker. Lamb chops and roasties are perfect together.
Slow Cooker Trick – Always buy a slow cooker like this Crockpot one that we own. It can go on the stovetop to brown meat and go in the oven.
More Slow Cooker Dinners
- Slow Cooker Sausage Casserole
- Slow Cooker Pork Leg Joint
- Slow Cooker Minced Beef Hotpot
- Slow Cooker Lamb Stew & Dumplings
- Slow Cooker Brisket & Potatoes With Gravy
And don’t forget to check out the rest of our slow cooker recipes in order of most recent recipe first.
Your recipe for slow cooked lamb chops is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free ebooks and useful cook time charts and so much more.
Slow Cooker Lamb Chops
- Load into a bowl your lamb chops marinade ingredients and mix well. Add the lamb chops and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Dice and peel your onion and sauté in the slow cooker on the stovetop with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Add into the slow cooker your lamb chops, plus the leftover marinade. And then find space in the slow cooker for your mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place your slow cooker on high and cook your slow cooker lamb chops for 3 hours on high or 5 hours on low.
- 30 minutes before the slow cooker beeps, cook the roast potatoes and warm up some frozen peas. Then serve together your lamb chops, leftover mushrooms, potatoes, and peas.