How to cook an instant pot Christmas pudding. Bought a supermarket Christmas pudding and want a quick way to cook it? Then you will love our recipe and top tips for pressure cooker Christmas pudding.
This Christmas pudding instant pot recipe is easy to follow and you can be enjoying time with your family whilst the pressure cooker does the hard work.
Table of Contents
Tis the season for Christmas pudding. Are you ready for it? Its one of the main foods I remember from Christmas growing up as a kid and it always tasted so, so good.
So, imagine marrying someone that hates raisins, hates fruit puddings and absolutely hates Christmas Pudding.
That is what I like about this Christmas pudding in the instant pot. It’s easy, you can use supermarket bought Christmas puddings and just do an individual portion or do a large one, the choice is totally yours.
What I did last Christmas was a fun experiment. I bought some Christmas Puddings from Aldi and decided to see how they did in the instant pot and if they tasted just as good as Christmas pudding from a restaurant, and I have to say that they did.
So go to Aldi, Lidi, Asda, Tesco or whichever is your supermarket of choice and buy some of those Christmas puddings and then let us show you how to steam your pudding in the instant pot.
Are You New To The Instant Pot?
Plus, as well as our extremely popular instant pot mini course which teaches you the instant pot basics in 5 days, we also have our instant pot bucket list. That is loaded with 30 FREE bucket list worthy instant pot recipes.
Click here or on the banner above and you will have access to both in an instant.
Can You Steam A Pudding In The Instant Pot?
Yes, you can steam a pudding in the instant pot, and you will love it. We have done many steamed puddings in the instant pot including instant pot treacle sponge pudding, instant pot jam sponge pudding and my favourite instant pot sticky toffee pudding.
You could also do a savoury pudding too such as steak and kidney pudding or any of your other favourites.
Can You Steam A Christmas Pudding Too Long?
Yes, you can. Its important that you stick to the time we give you in the instant pot Christmas pudding instructions otherwise you risk having a very dry Christmas pudding and that will not be very nice.
How Much Water Do You Use To Steam A Christmas Pudding?
You need the amount of water that your instant pot needs to cover your Christmas pudding to ½ covered.
Therefore, if you are doing a small Christmas pudding and have a low trivet you will need less compared to a tall trivet and a large pudding.
We found for us that 2 litres (just over 8 cups) were perfect.
Would you like easy & amazing instant pot recipes from instant pot experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST instant pot beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful instant pot resources.
Christmas Pudding Instant Pot Ingredients
Pudding – You will need to source a Christmas Pudding that is of a good size and will fit on a trivet in your instant pot.
Water – You will need approximately 2 litres (just over 8 cups) of boiling water that you can pour over the Christmas pudding prior to pressure cooking.
Sauce. Then for that final touch I recommend some brandy sauce that you can pour over your xmas pudding.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this quick Christmas pudding recipe in the instant pot it has just been our Instant Pot. We have this one and it’s my favourite and great for a lot of different instant pot quick recipes.
Plus, we recommend you head over to our instant pot recipes category as we have many electric pressure cooker recipes and have been using instant pots for 5 years.
How To Pressure Cook Christmas Pudding?
- Setup. I recommend starting with your setup. Place your trivet in the instant pot and then add the Christmas Pudding. Discard the box but keep the plastic coating.
- Pour. Then pour enough boiling water into the instant pot until it half covers the Christmas pudding.
- Cook. Place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and pressure cook your xmas pudding for 25 minutes followed by a quick pressure release.
- Option. When cool enough to handle remove the Christmas pudding from the instant pot and transfer to a serving dish. Pour over brandy cream before serving.
And I am sure you can see now how simple and easy it is steaming a Christmas pudding in the instant pot and why you should be doing the same.
Listen To Instant Pot Christmas Pudding
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
How Long To Steam Christmas Pudding?
It takes JUST 25 minutes to pressure cook Christmas Pudding. Not only is that fast, but you can then go back to family time whilst you wait, as you don’t need to stand over it and keep checking on it.
More Instant Pot Christmas Recipes
- Reheat Ham In The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Gammon
- Instant Pot Turkey Crown
- Instant Pot Rib Roast
- Instant Pot Steamed Brussel Sprouts
- Instant Pot No Drain Mashed Potatoes
Your pressure cooker Christmas pudding recipe is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free instant pot ebooks and useful instant pot cook time charts and so much more.
Instant Pot Christmas Pudding
- 400 g Christmas Pudding
- 240 ml Brandy Sauce
- Cooking Christmas pudding in a pressure cooker starts by adding in the trivet and adding the Christmas pudding and keeping the plastic on it.
- Then pour enough boiling water into the instant pot to half cover the Christmas pudding. For us that was 2 litres (just over 8 cups).
- Then place the lid on the instant pot, set the valve to sealing and pressure cook for 25 minutes.
- Do a quick pressure release and then carefully remove the Christmas pudding.
- Tip the Christmas pudding upside down and pat the bottom and then it will easily pop out onto a serving dish and then pour over brandy sauce.