Would you like to microwave Christmas pudding and take the stress out of your Christmas dinner feast?
Well, let me introduce you to last minute Christmas pudding using the shop bought Christmas puddings. So easy and you can use any brand you like, though we opted to use Aldi Christmas Puddings.
Table of Contents
Recipe For Microwave Christmas Pudding
Yesterday, I shared with you how to pressure cook Christmas pudding and today, I want to use the same Christmas puddings but, in the microwave, instead of the instant pot.
This is my first time ever cooking Christmas pudding in a microwave and I have to say I am impressed.
If anything about how quick, it is.
I look at the side of the packaging of the Christmas pudding box and note that it says an hour in boiling water, an hour steamed and yet here I am with a Christmas pudding ready for serving in LESS than five minutes.
It reminds me how important the microwave is when cooking your Christmas dinner and for getting rid of the stress.
Last Christmas most of our Christmas sides came from M&S. They were already cooked and just needed a quick reheat.
It meant that Christmas was a stress-free affair, and we could focus our attention on spending time with our kids and enjoying watching them play with their new toys.
Then when Christmas dinner is done with, you can be quickly reheating Christmas pudding in the microwave whilst you do the washing up.
Can You Cook Christmas Pudding In The Microwave?
Yes, you can cook Christmas pudding in the microwave and its so easy and stress free. Forget boiling your Christmas pud for an hour, instead they are quickly cooked in the microwave and ready for serving in a few short minutes.
You can also use the microwave to reheat any leftovers the day after that you didn’t manage to eat.
Can You Microwave Christmas Pudding Instead Of Steaming?
Yes, you can. Though note that steaming a Christmas pudding takes longer compared to the microwave.
BUT I experimented at the same time with both microwave and steamed Christmas pudding and thought the steamed version tasted better and had a better texture to it.
Are Shop Bought Christmas Puddings Already Cooked?
Yes, they are. Essentially, you’re using the microwave to reheat a Christmas pudding hence why it’s such a fast and easy process.
I recommend if using shop bought xmas puddings that you buy them ahead of time when they are on a special offer and then you can save them for Christmas.
Would you like easy & amazing microwave recipes from microwave experts? Click here and join the Recipe This Newsletter. We will then send you the BEST microwave beginner recipes direct to your email inbox along with other useful microwave resources.
Quick Christmas Pudding Recipe Ingredients
Pudding – You will need one shop bought Christmas pudding that you want to microwave. We are using one from Aldi but you can use Tesco Christmas pudding, Asda, Morrisons etc.
Butter – Then I recommend adding some melted brandy butter over the Christmas pudding before serving.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this microwave Christmas pudding recipe it has just been our Panasonic Microwave Oven. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of microwave recipes.
How To Cook Christmas Pudding In Microwave?
- Load. Remove the box from the Christmas pudding and then fork the plastic lid. This will allow the Christmas pudding to breathe as it cooks and stop it exploding.
- Cook. Then place into the microwave and microwave for 3 minutes and then allow it to rest for a further minute in the microwave.
- Finish. Remove the Christmas pudding from the microwave and turn ovcer and then pat the top and transfer to a plate. Place a small bowl in the microwave with the brandy butter and microwave for 15 seconds or until melted. Then pour over the Christmas pudding.
And I am sure you can see now how easy it is to make this Christmas pudding recipe for the microwave and why it is one of those easy microwave recipes.
How Long To Microwave A Christmas Pudding?
The Christmas Pudding Microwave time is JUST 3 minutes. Isn’t that AMAZING? Talk about a last minute Christmas pudding option.
More Microwave Christmas Recipes
- Microwave Brussel Sprouts
- Microwave Steamed Carrots
- Microwave Baby Potatoes
- Microwave Stovetop Stuffing
- Microwave Paxo Stuffing
- Microwave Boxed Fudge
Your recipe for microwave xmas pudding is below, note you can print it out with or without photos, adjust servings, or click between metric and imperial depending on where you are in the world.
Though before you do, don’t forget to subscribe, and grab your FREE VIP Pass to Recipe This. You will get access to our latest recipes first, you will be able to request recipes, you will have access to free mini courses, free ebooks and useful cook time charts and so much more.
Microwave Christmas Pudding
- 400 g Christmas Pudding
- 3 Tbsp Brandy Butter
- Fork the top of your plastic lid of your microwavable Christmas pudding to allow it to breathe.
- Then place the Christmas pudding into the microwave and microwave for 3 minutes. Then allow it to sit for a minute before removing from the microwave.
- Remove the Christmas pudding and then add your brandy butter to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 15 to 20 seconds until melted.
- Turn over the Christmas pudding onto a serving plate and then pat the top to loosen it. Once its on the plate pour over the melted brandy butter before serving.