This Post Contains Affiliate Links.Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Slimming World Chicken Kebab. The ultimate guide to making your own Slimming World chicken kebabs at home in the air fryer. One of my favourite fakeaway recipes it is quick to prep and fast to cook.
Slimming World Chicken Kebab
Welcome to my Slimming World Chicken Kebab recipe. I originally published this delicious Slimming World kebab recipe back in the summer of 2017. Today I am back with an update.
I love the movie 28 Days. It sees Sandra Bullock going into rehab for her addictions. What I love is when they are sat in a circle and all commenting about what their addiction is.
Only about 30% of them have the same and it reminds me very much of what we have all gained weight from and what our food or drink addiction is.
My addiction would be the one that eats way too much chocolate and when living in England had way too many takeaways.
Dominic would be similar though his portion sizes have also been an issue. Ask my mum and she would be part of the bread and cheese with everything club that is washed down with plenty of white wine.
But who wants to give up all these favourite foods just because we need to shed a few pounds?
Back in 2011 and in the Slimming World Magazine I saw an advert for a Philips Air Fryer.
It was the new kitchen gadget that I was curious as to how delicious it would make my food. Since then I have made more than 400 different air fryer recipes and the list just keeps growing.
But what I love most is the ability to make fakeaway recipes using the air fryer. Its like the fairy godmother for people on a diet and OMG the food you can create at home is so much better than the takeaway.
There is just so much choice. Even though I am sharing with you today how to make a Slimming World Chicken Kebab, the choice does not end there.
Slimming World Kebab
The idea behind a Slimming World Kebab is having complete control over what ingredients are added and keeping the syns as low as possible.
Yet NOT compromising on the taste and flavour of your kebab. By using the air fryer, you can reduce the Syns right down to a small amount of extra virgin olive oil that is used on the chicken as it cooks.
How Many Syns Is A Chicken Kebab On Slimming World?
Compared to a chip shop chicken kebab recipe, there are hardly any syns at all in these homemade air fryer chicken kebabs.
You have 2tsp of extra virgin olive oil which works out at 4 syns. But add to this that this recipe is enough for four people and you are talking 1 Syn.
But if you add in wholemeal pitta breads as a healthy extra, you can say that you are eating a delicious Slimming World chicken kebab that is JUST one syn.
Or if you would like to make a syn free chicken kebab then swap your olive oil for some fat free Greek yoghurt. It will make it more like a tandoori kebab but it will save you on your syns.
Air Fryer Slimming World Chicken Kebab
You are probably wondering what an air fryer slimming world chicken kebab is like. Well imagine the chicken shish kebab that you would normally order from the takeaway but a SW version.
The air fryer grills it on its kebab skewers, making it authentic as possible to the real thing, while keeping calories down to a minimum.
- Slimming World Chicken Kebab With Chicken Breast – Made with either chicken breast or turkey breast. It is nice and lean and perfect for when you are on a diet.
- Slimming World Chicken Kebab On Skewers – The chicken doner meat cooks on skewers and you slice it before adding it into your pitta bread. Thanks to the olive oil it gives it a wonderful grilled texture similar to what you get at the takeaway.
- Slimming World Kebab Meat – It is similar to what you get at a takeaway. Lots of flavour to it and perfect for eating however you like. You can load it into a salad, serve it with pasta, or have it like a traditional kebab takeaway.
- Slimming World Chicken Kebab In Pitta Bread – Serve your chicken kebab meat inside your favourite pitta breads or in wraps. Load it with your favourite salad and sauce and you are all set.
How To Make Slimming World Chicken Kebab?
This chicken kebab recipe is so SIMPLE:
- Prep the dry marinade in a ramekin.
- Load chicken breast chunks into a bowl and add in your marinade.
- Add marinade, fridge and get it out when you are ready.
- Load the chicken onto skewers and load into the air fryer basket.
- Cook on a medium heat and slice once cooked.
- Load into pitta breads with salad and sauce.
Slimming World Chicken Kebab Marinade
The Slimming World chicken kebab marinade is a simple one. I had all the marinade ingredients in my pantry and just loaded them into a ramekin and mixed them together.
The kebab marinade ingredients included:
- Mixed Spice
- Cayenne Pepper
An easy way to remember the marinade ingredients is that apart from the cayenne pepper, everything else is a teaspoon of dried seasoning. Then add in a pinch of cayenne pepper otherwise it will be way too spicy.
Slimming World Chicken Kebab Ingredients
Beyond the slimming world chicken marinade ingredients, you just need the following:
- Chicken or turkey breast
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kebab skewers
Slimming World Chicken Kebab Cooking Time
The cooking time for slimming world chicken kebabs is JUST 20 minutes. We recommend that you turn your chicken kebabs halfway through the cook time so that both sides of the kebab are perfectly air fried.
Slimming World Chicken Kebab In The Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Skewers
- Dice your chicken breast and season with salt and pepper.
- In a ramekin add your dried seasonings and mix well.
- Load the seasonings into a bowl with the chicken breast and mix well.
- Place in the fridge for at least 3 hours for the chicken to marinade.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge, load onto skewers and add a little olive oil over the kebabs.
- Place the chicken kebabs in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes at 180c/360f. Turn and cook for a further 10 minutes.
Can’t make it now? Then pin it for later!
Join The RecipeThis.com Community:
Plus, don’t forget to subscribe below to join our email newsletter with updates of our latest recipes, latest freebies, our cooking stories, plus much more: