Homemade Peach Ice Cream. Learn how to make a refreshing, easy, Italian style peach gelato recipe at home with your ice cream maker.
You can use fresh in season peaches, frozen peaches, or peach leftovers in this peaches and cream ice cream maker recipe.
Table of Contents
Homemade Peach Ice Cream
I love my fruit and living in Portugal, I have always loved how much of it is available. All year around in Portugal you have a big supply of oranges, lemons, limes, bananas, pineapples, mangoes, strawberries, raspberries, and papayas.
Then there is the fruit that you must wait for. That is not constantly in season, and you look forward to finding ways to preserve it and enjoy every bite.
One of those fruits is peaches.
I will be waiting for May to arrive and for peaches to come into season and then you can guarantee that I will be bulk buying peaches and planning new recipes to make with them.
Usually this includes a slow cooker peach cobbler or a big batch of instant pot peach jam. But it is also nice to make something different each year. It gets you excited about your favourite fruit, and you can all have a taste test to see if it is for you or not.
This year we had a family vote and decided on making homemade peach ice cream. We were already making ice creams as we were updating our homemade strawberry ice cream and our After Eight mint ice cream and thought why not?
This is our ultimate peach ice cream recipe using fresh in season peaches.
Peach Ice Cream Recipe For Ice Cream Maker
What I wanted to do was create the ultimate peach ice cream recipe for you. But of course, we are Recipe This and love cooking with kitchen gadgets, and it was the ideal opportunity to transform our vanilla ice cream maker recipe to a delightful peach version.
If you have an ice cream maker, you will love how peaches and vanilla ice cream come together to create the best peach ice cream recipe ever!
You also don’t have to worry about partially freezing the ice cream, then stirring and then doing it again and again.
Instead, you load the ingredients into the ice cream maker, let it churn and then eat your fresh peach ice cream straight away.
What Is Homemade Peach Ice Cream Like?
Surprisingly good. I am always amazed by how good peaches are when I use them in recipes. Growing up in England, peaches was not as popular as it is today, and I am so glad that I am experimenting with new flavours and finding new favourite foods.
Peeling Your Peaches Ready For Ice Cream
Don’t worry you don’t need to boil, or par boil your peaches first to get the skin off your peaches. Simply load your peaches into the fridge the night before you plan to use them.
This will make your peaches hard and make it very easy to peel your peaches with a vegetable knife.
Or speed up the process by placing the peaches in the freezer for 2 hours and then start peeling.
Then once you have peeled your peaches, simply cut around the stones to create loads of peach slices and then chop them into cubes.
Then put your peaches to one side and they are ready for your ice cream.
Ingredients For Homemade Peach Ice Cream
Yolks – You will need four egg yolks to make a batch of peach ice cream. You can also use two egg yolks and make a smaller batch.
Sugar – We recommend using caster sugar for the best results with your peach ice cream. I have tried other sugars and it has not been as nice.
Cream. You don’t need double cream or as some call it, heavy cream. Instead, some single cream will make you amazing creamy ice cream.
Milk – You will also need some whole milk. Don’t use semi or skimmed milk as it will not produce a creamy ice cream because it is too thin.
Extras. You can also add in extras such as vanilla essence, cinnamon, nutmeg, or even pumpkin spice for a Halloween ice cream.
Those are of course, what you use with ANY ice cream maker recipe. Then of course you want to add in the peaches. I recommend fresh peach or you use frozen as both work well.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this homemade peach ice cream recipe, it has just been our Italian Ice Cream Maker. We have this one and its wonderful for churning any of your classic ice creams.
How To Make Peach Ice Cream?
- Prep. Whisk together egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy. You can make this process easier with an electric hand mixer.
- Cook. Heat the milk and the single cream in a pan with the vanilla essence. Add in the egg mixture and stir on a high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Chill. Place your pan contents into a bowl and fridge for 2 hours or load into the freezer for 30 minutes. You need your mixture chilled otherwise it will not churn properly.
- Pour. Load the contents into the ice cream maker (once chilled) and churn for 40 minutes. Halfway through the churning add in your diced peaches and it will carry on churning with the fruit.
Ben & Jerry’s Peach Ice Cream Recipe
I have this issue with Ben & Jerry’s and it’s a big issue. I HATE the fact that they have very few Ben & Jerry flavours available to me where I live.
I get super jealous when I meet someone from somewhere else and they have an amazing Ben & Jerry’s flavour to enjoy.
An example of this, is the Ben & Jerry’s Georgian Peach Ice Cream. I will never get the chance to ever try it.
But instead, I can make a simple peach ice cream recipe from peaches and ice cream and have my own copycat Ben & Jerry’s.
So, if you love Ben & Jerry’s and want a creamy ice cream like theirs, then you will love our easy peach ice cream recipe.
More Ice Cream Machine Recipes
- Ice Cream Maker White Chocolate Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker Raspberry Ripple
- Ice Cream Maker Caramel Chew Chew
- Ice Cream Maker Rainbow Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker Lemon Sorbet
Ice Cream Maker Homemade Peach Ice Cream
- Using an electric hand mixer or a whisk beat together the egg yolks and the sugar until they are fluffy. Heat milk and single cream in a small pan and add the vanilla essence. Add the egg mixture to the pan and stir on a high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the fridge and allow to cool for at least an hour. Load the ice cream mix to your ice cream maker.
- Peel and slice your peaches into medium chunks and after 20 minutes add your peaches, then allow it to churn for a further 20 minutes.
- Once it has finished churning serve or freeze for later.