Welcome to my ice cream maker creamy strawberry ice cream recipe.
Before I share with you Dominic’s amazing strawberry ice cream recipe let me tell you a secret that I have never shared with my parents or anyone else for that matter…..well until now.
We used to have family holidays to Benidorm in Spain when I was in my teenage years. My parents had a motorhome and used to do the drive from England and we would also visit France on the way there and back. In the end we would spend between 2-4 weeks in Benidorm and it was great fun.
There were lots of fellow RV owners and we used to park in a circle on a popular campsite and we would be in our own private little mini community. My parents were probably the youngest motorhome owners with the majority in their late 50’s or early 60’s enjoying early retirement. We had lots of barbeques and enjoyed the perfect holiday in the sun.
This was the yearly thing for Christmas for most of my teenage years. And it was because of the fact that I was in my teenage years that I was able to go off and do my own thing. I would walk into town, visit the seafront and enjoy myself. There was lots of secret cigarettes (after all we were on Spanish duty free prices) and lots of milkshakes and ice creams. I earned my own money so all this was possible. Though, thankfully I have been a non-smoker for a decade now!
But the milkshake thing has never left me.
I remember back then sitting in a café and having 2 milkshakes in a row, followed by some ice cream scoops and it was teenage heaven. The café was always dead because at that time of year there was no call for Ice cream so I was her best customer.
But I would keep my milkshakes to myself and it was my secret, super tasty treat. Not that my parents would have minded it was just fun to do it on my own.
On a side note, it was a 30 minute walk from the campsite to the seafront, followed by a 3 mile beach front walk and my super skinny body had no issues burning the calories.
But back to 2016 and here I am sampling Dominic’s Strawberry Ice Cream wishing that I could eat this all the time and still not gain any weight. Well I can dream on can’t I?
[Tweet “#Icecream Maker Creamy #Strawberry Ice Cream recipe_this”]
- 250ml Whole Milk
- 250ml Cream
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 50g Strawberries
- Beat together your egg yolks and your caster sugar until it is nice and fluffy using an electric whisk. You can of course use a manual one but you will lose your sanity first!
- Heat the milk and the cream in a small pan and add the whole strawberries. Fresh is best for the strawberries but you can of course use frozen ones.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan and stir well and cook on a high heat for 5 minutes.
- Place your pan in the fridge and allow to cool for at least an hour.
- Remove the pan from the fridge. Remove the big lumps of strawberry from the pan and place the mixture in the ice cream maker.
- Turn into ice cream with the help of your ice cream maker and usually this will take about 45 minutes.
- Transfer to the freezer or serve. Though it is better when it has had some freezer time.
We have put together 22 favourite ice cream maker recipes for you to enjoy with your ice cream machine. It has everything from making copycat versions of your favourite shop bought ice creams to including some classic ice creams that you can adapt for your ice cream maker. Also because we love them so much we have also included a few of our favourite milkshakes using ice cream from our machine!
If you want easy ice cream maker recipes to follow then you have come to the right place. These are also rather cheap to make too.
This ebook is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.