This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Ice Cream Maker Strawberry Ice Cream. Learn how to make a refreshing, easy, Italian style strawberry ice cream at home with your ice cream maker.
You can use fresh in season strawberries, frozen strawberries, or strawberry leftovers in this creamy strawberry ice cream maker recipe.
Our best homemade strawberry ice cream recipe was originally shared on Recipe This in 2016 and we decided to update it for you, create some new photos and give you even more information about how to make homemade strawberry ice cream in the ice cream maker.
Table of Contents
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
Me and strawberry ice cream goes back to childhood. I remember those tubs of ice cream where you got a stripe of chocolate, a stripe of vanilla and the stripe of strawberry.
I always ate the strawberry.
As a child I thought strawberry ice cream was the best.
As an adult I still put strawberry ice cream in my top 10 ice creams of all time.
But it must be homemade strawberry ice cream. The kind that you get from an Italian ice cream parlour that is incredibly creamy and tastes like the best ice cream in the world.
What we did, which is super simple is to make a strawberry gelato using our favourite Italian vanilla ice cream maker recipe, with the addition of in season fresh strawberries.
In case you are wondering how Italian this favourite vanilla ice cream is, then let me tell you that I received as a gift my current ice cream machine from Italy along with the perfect gelato recipe.
Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream With Ice Cream Maker
Yes, that is the best thing about homemade strawberry ice cream. You can prep everything first, then load it into the ice cream maker and it creates the best creamy ice cream you have ever tried.
Even better to make a quality Italian ice cream you don’t need heavy cream. In fact, single cream is all that is needed.
Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe With Eggs
Many of you will be surprised to learn that there are eggs in a classic strawberry ice cream. Or more specifically that it uses egg yolks.
This will of course leave you will a bowl of leftover egg whites and what I always do with a big batch of my egg white leftovers, is to make an egg whites only version of my air fryer egg cups.
In fact, as I write this for you today, that’s EXACTLY what I had for breakfast a couple of hours ago.
What Are The Ingredients Of Strawberry Ice Cream?
Yolks – You will need four egg yolks to make a batch of strawberry ice cream. You can also use two egg yolks and make a smaller batch.
Sugar – We recommend using caster sugar for the best results with your strawberry ice cream. I have tried other sugars and it has not been as nice.
Cream. You don’t need double cream or as some call it, heavy cream. Instead, some single cream will make you amazing creamy ice cream.
Milk – You will also need some whole milk. Don’t use semi or skimmed milk as it will not produce a creamy ice cream because it is too thin.
Extras. You can also add in extras such as vanilla essence, cinnamon, nutmeg or even pumpkin spice for a Halloween ice cream.
Those are of course, what you use with ANY ice cream maker recipe. Then of course you want to add in the strawberries. I recommend fresh strawberries or frozen as both work well.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in this homemade strawberry ice cream recipe, it has just been our Italian Ice Cream Maker. We have this one and its wonderful for churning any of your classic ice creams.
How To Make Strawberry Ice Cream In Ice Cream Maker?
- Prep. Whisk together egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy. You can make this process easier with an electric hand mixer.
- Cook. Heat the milk and the single cream in a pan with the vanilla essence. Add in the egg mixture and stir on a high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Chill. Place your pan contents into a bowl and fridge for 2 hours or load into the freezer for 30 minutes. You need your mixture chilled otherwise it will not churn properly.
- Pour. Load the contents into the ice cream maker (once chilled) and churn for 40 minutes. Halfway through the churning add in your diced strawberries and it will carry on churning with the strawberries.
Strawberry Ice Cream Without Chunks
I love to dice up some fresh strawberries and then churn them with the ice cream. That way you have a delicious strawberry ice cream with amazing chunks.
However, what you can do instead is put your strawberry chunks through a blender and then load up as a syrup into your ice cream maker.
How Long Does It Take To Make Homemade Ice Cream In An Ice Cream Maker?
To make homemade strawberry ice cream in the ice cream maker takes JUST 40 minutes. That is from pouring the ice cream into the ice cream maker until it beeps.
However, also note that you will want to add to this the time to mix the ingredients and allowing for the mixture to chill.
More Ice Cream Machine Recipes
- Ice Cream Maker White Chocolate Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker Raspberry Ripple
- Ice Cream Maker Caramel Chew Chew
- Ice Cream Maker Rainbow Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker Lemon Sorbet
Ice Cream Maker Strawberry Ice Cream
- Using an electric hand mixer or a whisk beat together the egg yolks and the sugar until they are fluffy. Heat milk and single cream in a small pan and add the vanilla essence. Add the egg mixture to the pan and stir on a high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to the fridge and allow to cool for at least an hour. Load the ice cream mix to your ice cream maker.
- Slice your strawberries into medium chunks and after 20 minutes add your strawberries, then allow it to churn for a further 20 minutes.
- Once it has finished churning serve or freeze for later.