The Best Air Fryer Stir Fry
This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Stir Fry. Let me show you how to convert your favourite stir fry to the air fryer. An easy method for enjoying your favourite vegetable, chicken, beef, or shrimp stir fry in the air fryer.
You will love how crispy and delicious and hands free your air fryer stir fry is and best of all its easy to adapt for favourite stir fry sauces and proteins.
Also, before we dive into this air fryer stir fry recipe, I recommend you check out our free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
Or browse our site as we have 450+ air fryer recipes that are easy to recreate at home and we have been showing people how to use the air fryer since 2011.
Stir Fry In Air Fryer
I love showing you new ways to use the air fryer and how the air fryer can replace lots of different kitchen gadgets.
In the Milner house we rarely use non-gadgets as we just love cooking with our kitchen gadgets so much.
Right now, in the kitchen we have out on the kitchen worktop our instant pot, one of our air fryers and our soup maker. They have all been used for breakfast and lunch today and I am sure they will be used for dinner and snacks too.
After I showed you all how to convert sheet pan dinners to the air fryer, I got a lot of questions about doing similar and cooking a stir fry in the air fryer.
Today is an opportunity for me to show you some air fryer cooking techniques with the air fryer and how you can take any of your favourite stir fry recipes and cook them in the air fryer.
Can You Do A Stir Fry In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can. It is a very simple method for cooking your favourite stir fry’s in the air fryer and once you do it with one type of stir fry, you will be good to go on the rest.
You can cook a beef stir fry, chicken stir fry, shrimp stir fry, tofu stir fry or just keep it simple with a medley of vegetables.
Can You Cook A Frozen Stir Fry In The Air Fryer?
Yes, you can, and I would recommend that you start first with a frozen stir fry mix. That is because there is not a lot to it, and it is great for building up your air fryer confidence.
What you do is grab a bag of air fryer frozen stir fry vegetables and then load them into the air fryer until the air fryer is half full.
Like you see here:
Then you air fry them for 8 minutes at 180c/360f, add some extra virgin olive oil spray and give them a shake. You follow this up with a further 5 minutes at 200c/400f and you then have a perfectly air fried frozen stir fry.
Isn’t that simple?
You can then do the exact same thing again but with a frozen pack of beef and broccoli, or a chicken stir fry, whatever you have or can get from your local supermarket.
You are probably thinking that you can just do that in a wok, which you can.
But note, when you cook a stir fry in the air fryer you can leave the room. You can put your feet up you don’t have to check on it and you just return when it beeps.
How Do You Stir Fry Frozen Vegetables Without Getting Soggy?
This is all about the last 5 minutes at 200c/400f. Those last five minutes with the extra virgin olive oil is what makes them crispy. It is also what gets rid of the soggy vegetable texture. And any moisture goes to the bottom of the air fryer, unlike the wok where it stays with your food.
Pre-Order The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook Now!
- USA/Canada: Amazon USA
- UK/Rest Of The World: Amazon UK
- Cookbook Details: More Order Options + Cookbook Info
Air Fryer Stir Fry Recipes
But you are probably wondering what else you can do beyond a frozen bag of stir fry vegetables.
Well, as my mum says, the world is your oyster. You can do whatever you want.
Though here are a few stir fry recipe ideas:
- Air Fryer Beef Stir Fry – You can grab your favourite sliced beef (I like the quick cook strips) and load it into a bowl with oyster sauce. Then add grated carrots, peppers, and mushrooms and then air fry.
- Air Fryer Chicken Stir Fry – The chicken is probably the most common type of air fryer stir fry that you could make. I would recommend that you load sliced chicken into the air fryer with vegetables and seasonings, toss in a bowl and then air fry. This could be something like air fryer chicken fajitas, or you could focus on some teriyaki chicken. You can also swap this same idea for pork or turkey.
- Air Fryer Shrimp Stir Fry – You can also do the exact same method as the chicken but make air fryer shrimp fajitas instead. They are just so easy to make and you can load them into tortilla wraps too.
Whilst those are my three favourite I do love a steak stir fry or a tofu stir fry too. Or I love using up leftovers so why not do a fridge raid on the meat and vegetables that you forgot about?
How To Make An Air Fryer Stir Fry?
This is how to cook a stir fry in the air fryer:
- Load vegetables + your favourite protein into a bowl.
- Toss in stir fry seasoning and extra virgin olive oil.
- Air fry + serve.
You can probably see now why I am so obsessed with cooking in the air fryer!
How I Like My Air Fried Stir Fry
- It must have a good sauce or seasoning so that it is like a stir fry from the Chinese.
- It must have extra virgin olive oil to make it crispy.
- It must include fast cooking vegetables as nobody wants hard veggies in their stir fry.
Listen To Air Fryer Stir Fry
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
What To Serve With Your Air Fryer Stir Fry?
I love my air fryer stir fry and most of the time I will have my stir fry on its own and not bother with any sides. But here are a few suggestions if your stir fry needs to feed more people:
- Air Fryer Frozen Spring Rolls
- Air Fryer Frozen Egg Rolls
- Air Fryer Chinese Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Chinese Fried Rice
- Slow Cooker Chinese Spare Ribs
- Bread Machine Flatbread
The Best Air Fryer Stir Fry
Air Fryer Stir Fry Ingredients:
- 250 g Frozen Stir Fry Vegetables
- 2 Tsp Chinese Five Spice
- Salt & Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Load frozen stir fry vegetables into the air fryer basket and air fry for 8 minutes at 180c/360f.
- When the air fryer beeps, shake the air fryer vegetables, season with Chinese five spice, salt, and pepper. Spray with extra virgin olive oil. Cook for a further 5 minutes at 200c/400f before serving.
when you say, ” air fryer frozen stir fry vegetables” is that truly frozen vegetables that say air fryer on the package? And when you add meat such as chicken or beef strips, are they raw? and what is imperial metric?
Yes the vegetables are frozen and no it does not say air fry on the packet, they are just stir fry vegetables found in the supermarket freezer. The meat is always raw and the imperial/metric text is highlighted in red so when pressed it changes the measurements to suit where you are viewing our blog from 🙂
Can you put raw chicken in with the frozen veg
Yes only if the chicken is thin strips so it would cook at the same time as the vegetables 🙂
What are the settings if I am using fresh ingredients such are peppers,mushrooms,onions and zucchinis.
Just use the same time and temp if they are chopped roughly the same size and just keep checking on them. If you are chopping them bigger just add more time 🙂
I am awaiting delivery of a new small Airfryer (1.8L) and live alone. will small portions and small cooking area effect cooking times?
Not on all things, i would do a check, like when you first get your air fryer, grab a fdew frozen fries and look at our cooking times and temp put in a smaller portion and cook and see how they turn out then adjust our recipes accordingly 🙂