Welcome to the ultimate Airfryer doughnuts.
I bet you had never thought about making doughnuts in the Airfryer before? Well you can and it knocks a lot of calories off the usual style of them. They are being airfried rather than deep fried so you can have a lot less guilt with these ones.
Up until making these we have never made our own doughnuts. We would buy them from the supermarket with the really pretty pink icing and that was about us done with doughnuts.
Oh apart from our summer ones. In the summer we would be sat on our favourite beach, sunbathing while the kids were playing in the sand. Then you would hear the familiar Portuguese voice. It was the doughnut man walking up and down the beach calling “doughnuts” and I would give Kyle some money and he would race off to get us one each. These were big doughnuts filled with cream and jam and were absolutely delicious. Plus at a Euro each they were an amazing bargain!
But back to our Airfryer – people make them in their oven instead of deep frying them so why not air fry them? Well that was the plan and this is our recipe which is perfect for your Airfryer.
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 50g Brown Sugar
- 118ml Whole Milk
- 1Tsp Baking Powder
- 2.5Tbsp Butter
- 1 Large Egg
- Strawberry Icing
- 50g Butter
- 100g Icing Sugar
- ½ Tsp Pink Food Colouring
- 1Tbsp Whipped Cream
- ¼ Cup Fresh Strawberries (blended)
- Preheat the airfryer to 180c.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl whisk together your butter, self raising flour,
- In another bowl mix together your milk, butter and egg.
- Gently mix in the second bowl into the first and make sure you don’t over mix as you just want the ingredients to be combined.
- Using a cutter remove the centre from the doughnut shapes so that they look like a pre-cooked doughnut.
- Grease a baking sheet inside the airfryer and add your doughnuts. Cook for 15 minutes at 180c or until they spring back when lightly pressed.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes while you make your icing. Cream the butter and gradually add the icing sugar until you have a creamy mixture. Add the food colouring, whipped cream and blended strawberries and mix well.
- When the doughnuts have cooled place the icing over the top.
We have put together 26 favourite recipes for you to enjoy with your Airfryer that are all focused around Airfryer desserts. We have apple pie, chocolate brownie, apple chips, Victoria sponge and even chocolate chip cookie dough.
We are huge fans of our Airfryer and even more so, now that we have tried out desserts and realised that there is more to Airfryer life than a portion of French Fries.
It is just $2.99 on the Kindle and you can get your hands on it by clicking here.