This Post Contains Affiliate Links. Click Here To Read Our Full Disclosure.
Air Fryer Brisket. How to cook the best ever beef brisket in the air fryer. Easy to prep, amazing flavours, juicy brisket that is perfect for roast dinners, the holidays, or a warm beef sandwich.
You will love how easy it is to prep brisket in the air fryer. And how you can prep it, load it into the air fryer and then forget about it, until it beeps to tell you its ready.
Table of Contents
Brisket In Air Fryer
Beef brisket is one of my favourite cuts of meat and one that I used to get excited over, when our family went out for a Brazilian barbecue.
If you have not been to a Brazilian barbecue before, then it’s a table service option where they bring you lots of different meats and you choose which one you want.
I always got excited over the brisket and the sirloin and could just binge on these two.
My favourite bit though, was the edge of the brisket and how crispy and golden it was and how juicy and full of flavour.
Because there was so much meat on offer, I would refuse the sausages and the ham, just so that I could have a second helping of brisket.
Now looking back, I realise it was the crust on the brisket that excited me about it. I loved how crispy they made it when cooked on the rotisserie and would be upset if someone else had that bit.
Here I am back in England with no Brazilian restaurants nearby and have a plan B for that crispy brisket with the juicy centre and that is of course brisket in the air fryer.
Plus, as well as our free newsletter, we also have a free air fryer mini course. It is ideal for air fryer beginners or those that want to get more confident with their air fryer. The free course runs for 5 days with a new lesson delivered each day to your inbox.
Can I Cook A Beef Brisket In An Air Fryer?
Yes, you can. Beef brisket in the air fryer is AMAZING and is a cut of roast beef, that is a must for air frying.
You can cook brisket in an air fryer on its own, or pair it up with potatoes and vegetables if you prefer. If you want to make a brisket dinner, then I suggest you follow our air fryer pot roast recipe that uses topside beef but swap it for brisket.
What Does Air Fried Brisket Taste Like?
Air fried brisket is very similar to brisket that is cooked on a rotisserie or cooked on a barbecue.
We are not using a smoker, so it is not like smoked brisket.
But air fryer beef brisket is much better than oven baked, thanks to the crisp that the air fryer adds to it.
Pre-Order The Complete Air Fryer Cookbook Now!
- USA/Canada: Amazon USA – Barnes & Noble – Indigo – Book Shop – Books A Million
- Australia: Booktopia – Mighty Ape
- UK/Rest Of The World: Amazon UK – Waterstones –– Book Depository
Brisket Air Fryer Ingredients
Brisket – The brisket we used came from our local butchers and you can do the same. I find a quality butchers cut of brisket is much better than supermarket bought. You can also go with what size will fit in your air fryer. For our air fryer brisket recipe we are using a 1200g which is 2.6lbs.
Oil – A little extra virgin olive oil is all you need in this recipe. You are smothering the outside and then adding seasoning. This achieves two things. It makes the outside of the brisket crispy like the barbecue and also makes the seasoning stick to the oil and give a wonderful herb texture.
Seasoning – There is nothing worse than an under seasoned beef brisket. I recommend that you add salt, pepper, thyme, basil, parsley, and rosemary. Or you can make it Brazilian by adding some garlic seasoning.
Then for the kitchen gadgets that we have used in our beef brisket air fryer recipe, it has just been our Cosori Air Fryer. We have this one and its wonderful for many types of air fryer recipes.
How To Cook Beef Brisket In Air Fryer?
- Prep. Start by prepping your brisket. Load it into a tray and smoother it with oil first and then with the seasonings. This will then be your yummy crust on your brisket.
- Cook. Load the brisket into the air fryer and make sure you push it down a little otherwise the top of it will be burnt. Then air fry for 30 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Turn. When the air fryer beeps, turn your brisket over and cook for a final 15 minutes at the same temperature.
- Rest. Allow the beef brisket to rest for about 10 minutes, before slicing and serving.
How Long Does It Take To Air Fry A Brisket?
The air fryer brisket cook time is 45 minutes. This includes turning the brisket after 30 minutes and takes it from raw to fully cooked.
We of course, like our beef brisket to rare medium, so if you want yours well done or rare you will need to adjust the cook times.
My chef hubby Dominic will always tell you, that you know when brisket is cooked because of how much it has shrunk by, which he is not kidding about!
Air Fryer Brisket Temperature
For the air fryer brisket temperature, I recommend 180c/360f, for the full cooking time. This ensures that the beef brisket is cooked in the middle, isn’t over cooked and still has the crispy coating, that is the best bit of the brisket.
How To Enjoy Brisket In The Air Fryer
What I love about air fried brisket is that there are plenty of ways you can tuck in and enjoy it.
It can also be cooked solo and then made into delicious brisket sandwiches. As nothing is better than a warm beef sandwich and then serve it with a side of air fryer frozen French fries and it will be like pub grub.
You can also dice it up and use your brisket in casseroles, stews, soups etc. Though that’s more our thing with whatever leftover brisket that we have that needs using up.
Listen To Air Fryer Brisket
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
More Air Fryer Roast Beef Recipe Ideas
Air Fryer Brisket
- Place your beef brisket in a tray as this is the easiest way to coat your brisket in the seasoning and grab any bits of seasoning that have fallen off.
- Then smoother with extra virgin olive oil and then smoother with the seasonings. The dried seasonings will then stick to the oil and stay on the beef as it cooks.
- If some comes off, then use the tray to roll the beef and grab any stray bits of seasoning.
- Load into the air fryer basket and cook for 30 minutes at 180c/360f.
- Turn over and cook for a final 15 minutes at the same temperature. It will now be a medium.
- Then transfer to a chopping board for resting and remove the string.
- Once the brisket has rested for 5-10 minutes slice before serving.