Air Fryer Roast Beef. The most delicious air fryer beef roast cooked in the air fryer oven using the air fryer oven rotisserie.
This air fryer roast beef recipe is perfect for pairing with your favourite sides. Make air fryer roast beef and potatoes, air fryer roast beef and vegetables, or like us enjoy air fryer roast beef and Yorkshire puddings.
The air fryer roast beef is totally healthy and would be perfect for the whole30, paleo, keto, slimming world and a whole range of other clean eating diets.
Table of Contents
Air Fryer Roast Beef
I can finally say that today is the day that I get to share my air fryer roast beef recipe with you.
I LOVE roast beef, but my cheap grocery shopping list means that beef is not something that is on my agenda. It is something that I buy as an occasional treat along with salmon and duck.
But in the interest of our wonderful air fryer readers, we decided that we needed to stop being so tight and enjoy some delicious roast beef in the air fryer.
The beef we purchased came from our local butchers. I saw the shock on Dominic’s face when he saw the size of the roast beef that I wanted to purchase, and I think he hoped that I got a smaller one.
But if you are going to experience delicious roast beef, you don’t want to go too small.
The usual way that I enjoy my beef is at the Brazilian barbecue which I find much cheaper than buying the beef myself.
You see it is a buffet service barbecue where they keep bringing you all these different meats for less than $20 each. You get about 10 different types.
Think to yourself how much it would cost at home to make rotisserie beef for four people with 6 different cuts of beef, as well as other meats and how much you would spend.
Plus, they also include an unlimited amount of fresh shrimp too!
It is also my inspiration behind my air fryer roast beef that I am sharing with you today. When the Brazilians cook roast beef, they do so in a similar way to a rotisserie and it is always so moist, so tender and never chewy.
By taking the same idea to the air fryer oven and using the air fryer rotisserie feature we can achieve a similar result.
If you love a Brazilian barbecue or have a thing for roast beef, I highly recommend trying air fryer roast beef for your next roast dinner.
Can You Air Fry Roast Beef?
I am sure you want to know first, how it went and if you really can air fry roast beef. Well the answer is a big fat YES.
It turned out very similar to when we eat out at our favourite Brazilian restaurants.
You can cook your roast beef and then sort out your sides, while it cooks. It is very hands free and I would even say it is easier to cook roast beef in the air fryer compared to the traditional oven method.
Why Cook Roast Beef In The Air Fryer?
Roast beef in the air fryer is AMAZING. You have a wonderful barbecue crispy crust to the outside, which is my favourite bit, as well as a tender middle.
You can also plan your roast beef around how you like your roast beef to be cooked. We love our roast beef to be medium rare and like using a sous vide it came out just how we wanted it.
As you can see in the sliced picture of our beef roast:
What Ingredients & Gadgets Go Into Air Fryer Roast Beef?
There are 4 main ingredients that go into air fryer roast beef:
As well as this we used the Power Air Fryer Oven and then used our rotisserie feature to cook our roast beef. It is also a good idea to have a second air fryer like our Philips Air Fryer XL for cooking your side dishes.
Lightly Seasoned. The nicest beef you will try will be seasoned with just salt and pepper. That is because beef has a wonderful natural flavour to it and taking that away, you will miss the flavour that you paid for.
Air Fryer Roast Beef Tips:
- Season it first – Before you cook your air fryer roast beef season it with salt and pepper and add a layer of extra virgin olive oil. The olive oil coating will also produce an amazing crispy edge.
- Fresh beef works best – Avoid frozen or semi frozen beef and if your beef is frozen thaw it before cooking.
- Cook your sides at the same time – Use your other air fryer, or an instant pot pressure cooker for your sides. Then it can all be ready together for the ultimate roast dinner.
- Premium beef if you can – I know not everyone can afford it, but it can make a huge difference to your beef if quality beef like Butcher Box is used. Though they are not as expensive as you would think when you sign up for one of their monthly meat delivery services.
Can You Cook A Joint Of Meat In An Air Fryer?
Absolutely! And it was because of the amount of people that asked us if you can cook a joint of meat in an air fryer, that inspired this campaign.
We wanted to show our readers that there are so many great meat choices that you can prepare and cook in an air fryer.
You don’t need to be limiting yourself to air fryer chicken breast.
If you want to know what meat you can cook in an air fryer then let me tell you that our air fryer roast beef is part of our roast dinner in the air fryer series.
How Long Does It Take To Cook A Roast In The Air Fryer?
This can vary depending on what meat you are cooking in the air fryer. But as a standard rule to cook a roast in the air fryer is between 45 minutes and 1 hour.
In todays recipe for air fryer roast beef it is just 45 minutes. But if you are cooking a chicken roast in the air fryer it is on average 50 minutes. Again, it comes down to size and how cooked you want your roast.
For example, our air fryer beef roast is medium rare, which is how we like it and takes just 45 minutes. But if you wanted to cook it well done, it would require a longer cook time.
Air Fryer Roast Beef Time
The time to make our air fryer roast beef was just 45 minutes. This was to cook our roast beef in the air fryer oven using the rotisserie until it was medium rare.
We did of course check on it and found that our timings of 45 minutes at a temperature of 190c was spot on.
How To Air Fry Beef?
Cooking a beef roast in the air fryer is so simple:
- Remove the beef from its packaging – rub olive oil into your beef joint and then season with salt and pepper.
- Add to rotisserie – add the roast beef to your air fryer oven rotisserie and make sure it is securely attached. That way it won’t fall off during cooking. You also want to make sure it will turn so that it is all cooked to your liking.
- Make the sides – plan what sides you would like to serve with your roast beef or follow my serving suggestions below. Once you have decided, use the time when your roast beef is cooking to get them sorted.
- Rest and slice – Allow the beef to rest for 5 minutes and then portion up your roast beef with your sides.
Listen To Air Fryer Roast Beef
Want to learn more about our Podcast? Then click here and you can browse through past episodes and subscribe to the Magic With Gadgets Podcast.
What To Serve With Your Air Fryer Roast Beef?
The possibilities are endless when it comes to what to serve with your air fryer roast beef. Below are our top suggestions:
- Air Fryer Roast Beef & Potatoes – If you like roast beef and potatoes, I recommend our air fryer roast potatoes or air fryer potatoes with bacon. Alternatively you can use leftover roast beef and serve it with our air fryer potato cakes.
- Air Fryer Roast Beef & Vegetables – My favourite choice would be air fryer brussel sprouts with bacon. You could also use the air fryer and cook some instant pot cauliflower cheese instead.
- Air Fryer Roast Beef Sandwich – Use up leftover air fryer roast beef in roast beef sandwiches. Use our air fryer pull apart bread recipe for the ultimate comfort food experience. Or like I used to have them as a teen serve your air fryer roast beef sandwiches with air fryer fries.
- Air Fryer Roast Beef & Yorkshire Puddings – Serve your favourite air fryer Yorkshire puddings with your roast beef and then make a beef gravy. The ultimate roast beef dining experience.
We also have a lot more air fryer recipes for you to check out and find some new ideas for planning your meals.
As well as this we have our air fryer archives, which is full to bursting with all our air fryer recipes in one big PDF ebook. You can order it on this link or click on the banner below.
Air Fryer Roast Beef
- Get your roast beef out of the packaging and rub it with extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the just seasoned roast beef onto the air fryer oven rotisserie and attach in place.
- Set the time to 45 minutes and the temperature to 190c/380f and double check to make sure the beef is rotating.
- After 45 minutes double check to make sure it is cooked to medium rare and then slice.