Syn Free Slimming World Apple Turnovers cooked in the Air Fryer. Super easy to prepare and ready before you know it.
Many of our readers will know that this summer we spent 10 weeks travelling throughout Europe creating a bucket list worthy family road trip.
We visited Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, England, Luxemburg, Belgium and Holland. Nearly all our cooking was done with our Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
We had little facilities for cooking with and food that we would normally not have regularly, soon became our regular foods.
One of these foods was the Weight Watchers Wrap.
We loved the idea that we could just throw whatever ingredients we had just cooked inside a Weight Watchers Wrap and then enjoy this for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
It had me thinking about the tortilla wraps that Dominic made a while ago on RecipeThis.com.
A beautiful thin dough that tastes so good and is like a thin bread dough or a thin shortcrust pastry.
It is just perfect for baking with and I MUST return home and make lots of favourite high calorie baked goods in the air fryer for our readers that are on Slimming World.
Well I am starting my 4-recipe campaign with Syn Free Slimming World Apple Turnovers.
We hope you enjoy our Weight Watchers wraps series and that our apple turnovers are one of many that you try out!
Slimming World Apple Turnovers
Well they are almost Syn Free but they are not quite and that is because of the warm apples.
You see they want us to Syn or count healthy extras for cooked fruit on the grounds that if we cooked it, we would eat a lot more of it, than we usually would.
But I know many people that are successful in losing weight on Slimming World that don’t Syn cooked fruit, avocados or a small amount of olive oil.
I do understand their policy with cooked fruit, if not eaten in moderation. You see if you get into smoothies than you could be having 30 apples instead of 3 if you were chewing them one by one.
Plus, our recipe for Slimming World Apple Turnovers only uses 1 apple per person for 2 apple turnovers and it is not pureed.
Or even better, see our recipe notes and you can see how you can use just healthy extras in our Slimming World Apple Turnovers.
Syn Free Slimming World Apple Turnovers
- Peel, remove the cores and thinly dice the apples. Place them inside your steamer basket inside of your Instant Pot or other pressure cooker. Pour over 250ml/1 cup of water. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, set the valve to sealing and set the time on the Instant Pot to 0 minutes on manual.
- While the apples are cooking sprinkle your air fryer baking pan with cinnamon and ½ of the stevia. Also beat an egg in a bowl for your egg wash.
- When the apples beep, manually release pressure, drain and place them in the air fryer baking pan. Toss the apples in the cinnamon and stevia and cook for 1 minute on 180c/360f in the air fryer baking pan.
- In the baking pan add to the apple mixture a tablespoon of Greek Yoghurt. This will give it a delicious creamy apple turnover centre. If you test it and its not sweet enough then add a little extra stevia.
- Half a Weight Watchers wrap and lay out your two halves.
- Brush with egg and add a layer of your apple mixture and turnover the wrap so that it is the shape of a pasty. Using your pasty maker, press down until you have the perfect shape. Coat the outside with egg and place in the air fryer on the main air fryer basket.
- Rinse and repeat and cook 3-4 at a time depending on the size of your air fryer. Cook up to 4 at a time for 3 minutes on one side at 18oc/360f and then finish with 2 minutes on the other side at 200c/400f.
- Once they are cooked sprinkle with your leftover stevia and some extra cinnamon.